[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
barbell rows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: barbell rows.png (22 KB, 1096x502) Image search: [Google]
barbell rows.png
22 KB, 1096x502
i literally cannot bend over and have a straight back unless i am on my knees

should i just use a machine? these hurt in places they shouldn't.
>>
File: spine.png (164 KB, 438x386) Image search: [Google]
spine.png
164 KB, 438x386
Look at this shape you retarded.
>>
it usually won't look straight, especially not if you're a big guy.
>>
File: barbell-row.jpg (126 KB, 1024x315) Image search: [Google]
barbell-row.jpg
126 KB, 1024x315
>>37377894
i do not look like this. my back is very curved and my lower back is rounded.

i have very shit posture.

so should i use a machine or what
>>
try dorian rows if you're really having a problem
>>
>>37377880
yes, a machine or bodyweight rows which can be scaled to your strength. Bent over barbell rows have horrible risk reward ratio because most people simply don't have the needed mobilty in their lower back and hamstrings. You could do one arm dumbbell rows as well which are better because you're on your knee and don't put pressure on your spine.
>>
File: barbell-row-lower-back.jpg (173 KB, 1024x396) Image search: [Google]
barbell-row-lower-back.jpg
173 KB, 1024x396
the first one is basically what i look like

i literally cannot look like the second or third.
>>
>>37377923
most people can't, especially not in the beginning. it's fine, they won't hurt you. the main point is to make sure your core is tight during the movement. flexion under load is not a huge deal, especially not the kind of load you use on a barbell row. what you want to avoid is movement under load (for example going from extension to flexion during the lift).
>>
Can you get that flat position without any weight?

I reckon you've got tight hamstrings and could do with an agile 8 warm-up routine.

Worked for me.
>>
>>37377946
>Can you get that flat position without any weight?
No.
>I reckon you've got tight hamstrings
Yes, but warmups don't help this.
>>
>>37377901
You're telling me you can't hinge at the hip to about 90 degrees and bend your knees with a straight lumbar spine? You either don't know what you're doing or you have massive flexibility issues. Try getting into the starting position at home with an imaginary bar, take a picture and post it if you can. If you still can't do it then don't do bb rows, do rows on a machine, but more importantly improve your flexibility by doing hamstring and hip flexor stretches twice a day, foam roll your hamstrings as well
>>
Then don't do Pendlay rows, just do bent over barbell rows.

Keep working on your hamstrings and lower back untill you have the mobility and strength to perform pendlay rows and in the mean time just do cable rows or a machine.
>>
>>37377960
>you have massive flexibility issues
yeah it's this. i can't even stick my legs straight up in the air. they are at like a 50 degree angle max extension.
>>
>>37377923
Hip flexibility

Also imho you're better off not having your upper body that paralel to the floor, your legs can get in the way which will force you to move your arms in a weird way to get the bar to your waist which will can cause inflamatory pain in the elbows
>>
dont worry m8, barbell rows are shit anyway
do some chinups
>>
>>37377880
Just do bent over rows, not pendlay.
>>
>>37377880
do some mobility drills and for the time being try and elevate the bar to where you can keep your back straight
>>
>>37377923
Why is the 2nd pic wrong? He pulls back his shoulders .
I'm asking cause my DL-form looks exactly like this. Is this terrible form then?
>>
>>37378654
pic 2 is wrong because he's hyper extending his lumbar spine. and yes, your deadlift form is terrible. you're not supposed to start the deadlift with your torso parallel to the ground.
>>
File: PicsArt_05-30-08.24.58.jpg (16 KB, 350x264) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_05-30-08.24.58.jpg
16 KB, 350x264
>>37377880
Go look in the mirror while you are standing up straight and check the circled portion in pic related. Is one side higher than the other?
>>
>>37378698
I only meant for the back part. I mean I push my ass back as well as my shoulders, but I'm not parallel to the ground.
>>
Hamstrings are tight.
>>
>>37377952
Then look up hamstring and hip stretches and do them a lot. Limber 11 and supple leopard
you're tight as fuck, loosen up
>>
>>37378703
Not OP if it is then what?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.