[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN LIFTING LONGER THAN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: 93529035.png (15 KB, 325x234) Image search: [Google]
93529035.png
15 KB, 325x234
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN LIFTING LONGER THAN 1 YEAR WHO HAVE SURPASSED NOOB GAINS.

>there are people on /fit/ right now who legitimately think doing 10 sets for for a body-part spread out over two separate days in the week is the same, if not better, than doing 10 sets for a body-part in 1 session.

Why do you idiots still believe this fucking shit? Don't you realize it's just another myth fake-natties spread in order to appear natty?

>hey goys trust me im natty, i look like this because I hit all my muscle groups twice a week, but with half the volume! its a really funny trick guys! trust me its why i look this way! nattys should train like this! i swear! dont do those stupid brosplits! hahaha XD

The fact the body does not work like that. You could literally squat your max every single day, so long as you took enough rest time in between sets, does that mean you'll grow? Nope. Your body needs the volume ALL in one small timely session. I've personally seen FAR better gains doing LOTS of sets targeting 1 muscle group once every 7 days, than I've seen cutting that volume up into 2 or 3 sessions over the course of a week and EVERYONE I personally know who looks like they actually lift do the same thing.

You're fucking dumb if you think doing 50% volume every 3.5 days twice a week will have better gains than 100% volume in over 7 days.

Anyway, I don't give a fuck what you do, I am not here to convince you to change your routine. I'm just here to tell you that you're fucking retarded.
>>
Just do what works and different things work for different people at different stages of their lifting evolution.

Scientific studies about maximizing muscle growth are rare and inconclusive so you're mostly talking out of your ass.
>I've personally
Ok. I've personally made best gains on push and pull, hitting every musclegroup twice a week. Come at me.
>>
lose the memespeak 4 chan uber cool talk then repost this.

stopped reading once I got to the hey goys part.

better luck next time

also sage in field.
>>
I also saw better results on a bro-split and am not really surprised. I'll give you guys an example of what I mean, using "leg day".

Doing something like the following once a week:

>5x3-5 back squats
>5x3-5 stiff-leg deadlifts
>3x8-10 front squats
>3x12-15 leg press
>5x15-20 leg curls/leg extensions

Gave me HUGE changes in body-composition compared to just doing a small set amount of sets for 1 big movement multiple times a week.

At least for me personally, I've discovered (through actual real world trial and error) that lots of volume squeezed into 1 session over week, better than spreading all that volume up into multiple days over the week.
>>
File: reddit.png (884 KB, 1025x762) Image search: [Google]
reddit.png
884 KB, 1025x762
>>37376011
>that pic
>>
>>37376211
I should mention that this has worked with every other body-part.

I would put calves with arms so I can do 20 sets for calves as well.

I've found that my body responds best to doing around ~20 sets for a specific bodypart. Doing just 3 or 5 just isn't enough.
>>
>>37376211
>>37376231

OH AND ANOTHER THING.

MY ARMS AND CALVES LITERALLY DID NOT GROW UNTIL I HAD A SEPARATE DAY SPECIFICALLY FOR THEM AND WERE FINALLY ABLE TO BLAST THE SHIT OUT OF THEM.

I actually use to listen to Jason Blaha when he would say "You only need like 2-3 sets for arms at the end of a full body session and that's more than enough"

Fucking LOL.
>>
>>37376253

Post the routine you did before.
>>
>Mfw I do a bro split without a leg only day. >Squats every second or so day
None of your memes will ever make me change this
>>
>>37376258
On a PPLxPPL it was like

Push
-------
1 heavy Push for chest 3-5 sets or so (would switch this to a heavy vertical to a horizontal on 2nd push day)
1 Push for shoulders 3 sets or so
2nd push for chest 3 sets or so
2nd push for shoulders 3 sets of so
some tricep work 2-3 sets or so
some work for side-laterals (3 sets or so)

Pull
-------
1 heavy Pull for back 3-5 sets or so (would switch this from a heavy vertical to a horizontal on 2nd pull day)
1 pull for traps 3 sets or so
2nd pull for back 3 sets or so
2nd pull for traps 3 sets or so
some work for rear delts (3 sets or so)
some work for biceps (3 sets or so)

Legs
--------
1 heavy Push for legs 3-5 sets or so (would with this form a heavy push to a heavy pull on 2nd leg day)
1 lighter Pull for legs 3 sets or so
2nd push for legs 3 sets or so
2nd pull for legs 3 sets or so
some extra light work for quads/hams on machines
some work for calves

I got better results on a bro-split where I just blast 1 muscle group in a single session. compared to doing the above.
>>
File: 1460933466548.gif (239 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1460933466548.gif
239 KB, 540x540
>>37376011
>FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN LIFTING LONGER THAN 1 YEAR

You clearly don't understand what constitutes a good/productive routine.
If you think that what you said is accurate, you should consider suicide.
>>
>>37376322

>complains about not growing
>does a horrible routine
>"or so"
>>
>>37376420
You think having set in stone sets and reps is a good idea? lmfao. Good luck with your no-gains "natty" routine faggot.
>>
>>37376443

It's the opposite. You're the one doing a roid-routine you fucking dipshit.
>>
>>37376211
>squats and stiff legged deadlifts are leg exercises brah
You literally have no idea what you're talking about, do you?
>>
>>37376456
That's not my routine. That's just what I was doing before doing a 1 x frequency bro split.

PPLxPPL is not considered a "roid" routine either, it's considered a natty routine LOL.
>>
>>37376479

Yeah having two rest days per week definitely makes it a natty routine. How stupid are you? You complain about not growing on a routine that requires roids for maximum effect. Look up any succesful natty lifter and tell me he does PPLxPPL, oh wait you can't.
>>
>>37376322
Haha wtf is a heavy leg pull? Do you hang of a pullup bar and grab a barbell with your toes and row it with your feet or something? :DDD
>>
this isn't /r9k/, you can't troll your way into everything.

making a thread like this is like trying to tell /sci/ that F=ma is a meme that doesn't work. you're just going against hard, empirical, demonstrable evidence.
>>
>>37376479
PPL is considered retarded and so are you. The fact that the routine you posted doesn't even specify exercises is a bit of a fucking giveaway. How the fuck do you even track progress other than asking your boyfriend hoe you look in posing trunks? (exceptionally homo)

Go choke to death on a tampon because you're officially a cunt.
>>
File: !May31st.png (302 KB, 316x518) Image search: [Google]
!May31st.png
302 KB, 316x518
>>37376495
I've been doing PPLx2 and have made what I feel are pretty shitty gains, and am considering just doing U/L since I saw tinytrip did that and he's my goal.
>>
>>37376496
Heavy vertical pull = weighted pullups
Heavy horizontal pull = heavy weight low rep barbell rows

Light vertical pull = bodyweight pullups
light horizontal pull = light weight high rep barbell rows

fairly simple stuff..........
>>
>>37376496
It's where you give a footjob to every guy in the gym.

Gotta get dat pump doe
>>
I wonder which is more likely. It is one of 3 scenarios.

1. OP trained like a retard on his PPL to the detriment of his potential gains, meaning any alternative would be better, in this case his roid routine.
2. science is wrong, 1 + 1 =/= 2 and god exists
3. OP is full of shit

which one is most likely? tip: it's not 2.
>>
>>37376322
put shit in, get shit out. i'm not bloody surprised.

do the texas method or something.
>>
>>37376528
Ppl doesn't have oly lifts. You need a dank core and traps which is exactly what snatch and cleans will get you.
>>
>>37376322
>>37376322

Why is everyone giving this guy shit for this PPL? This is how a PPL is done.....are you guys new/unaware?
>>
>>37376537
I know what pulling movements are, learn to read. I asked wtf heavy LEG pulls are.

>inb4 what are deadlifts!!!?
>>
>>37376581
there's so traceability in there. he doesn't keep track of his sets and he does 1 h.push, h.push, v.push, v.pull, hip domanant and knee dominant leg work a week. and we don't even know if he kept those constant, for all we know he did close grip bench one week, then floor press, then bench press etc

without any way of tracking what you have done week by week, you're probably going to end up getting nowhere, like he evidently did, like anybody would if they followed that trash.
>>
Wanna get stronger/bigger
>lift heavy stuff 3-5x/w
>eat more then usual (no junk food)

Smaller but "toned"
>Cardio (boxing, footy)
>3-5x/w medium weight
>>
>>37376593
heavy leg pulling is heavy weight low rep conventional deadlifts, sumo deadlifts, stiff-leg deadlifts.

heavy leg pushing is heavy weight low rep back squats, front squats, leg press

I tend do do a heavy leg push (squat) with a light leg pull (stiff-leag deadlift) on legs day 1, then on legs day 2 a heavy leg pull (conventional deadlift) with a light leg press (front squat).
>>
>>37376626
>deadlifts
>pulling

Sure, it's a pulling motion for your back but you're still pushing with your legs.

You made it sound like you're doing some antagonist movement for squats, similar to bench/row or press/pullup.
>>
>>37376574
Yeah that makes sense, since he mostly did Oly lifts.

I really need to learn how to do them, unfortunately this gym doesn't have bumper plates..
>>
>>37376695
>this meme again

im not here to get into a debate this. majority of people agree that deadlifting is a pull, so we'll leave it at that.
>>
File: 1330038241703.jpg (47 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1330038241703.jpg
47 KB, 500x400
>>37376011
Nigga, do you even squat 4pl8 for reps?

Have you benched 3pl8? Are you wide enough to grab the bench with your lats?

They don't talk you you know your shit. You don't know shit unless you've been lifting for more than 20 years and have coached people for at least 5 years.
>>
>>37376471
>(You)
>>
>>37376743
Yes, it is a pull as it uses your back to pulle the weight toward your center of gravity. However, you're retarded if you think push/pull even applies to legs. The only legit pulling leg movement is leg curls and maybe leg raises but they are generally only accessory movements. In all main leg lifts, you are pushing with your legs.
>>
>>37376819
That's why it's a fucking PPL - push pull legs.
For legs it's Quads and Hams not push and pull. (you can argue push is tricep/chest; pull is bicep/back). It was made as push-pull for morons that can't into anatomy.
>>
>>37376695
deads are a pull. you pull your hips up and back, your traps and upper back support the bar by remaining in position against a load and you pull with your lats. yes you extend the hips at the top and there is some pushing with the quads but its predominantly pulling. if you are pushing as your main movement during the deadlift then you've probably misunderstood how to do it properly or have weak hamstrings that can't cope with the loads you lift.

>>37376626
>tend to do
>no weekly continuity of exercises
>changing number of sets every week
>probably changing the reps as well
seriously, that's why you fucked up. you completely missed the point of it all, which is progressive overload and consistency. you have neither. in short, you focused on the 10% rather than the essential 90%, like a middle aged office woman eating low fat butter and ignoring calories in/calories out.

you did it completely wrong and you paid the price for it. now you are embarrassing yourself on a finnish wound-dressing forum.
>>
>>37376846
Deads are a pull for your back and a push for your legs. So it's both pulling and pushing.

But pulling with your lats??? I think you're doing something horribly wrong. The main force in a deadlift should be produced by your glutes.
>>
>>37376890
you pull with the lats with straight arms to keep the bar from swinging out in front of you

that's basic stuff dude
>>
>>37376922
If having them static is "pull" then yes.
>>
>>37376943
of course it is. if you try to push against a wall, is it not a push because you can't move it?
>>
>>37376970
Actually no, according to laws of physics, "trying to push" is not pushing.

You are essentially just "flexing".
>>
>>37376322

That's literally pulled from this reddit thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

and it makes sense to me, 30-60 reps per major muscle group per day twice a week or 90-120 once per week if you want to do it all in one day each week. I would think for natty's splitting it into two separate workload allows for better recovery but w/e if your intensity isn't suffering and you can complete all your lifts while adding weight to the bar knock yourself the fuck out.
>>
>>37376518
F=ma is a meme.

F=dp/dt is not a mean, just at non relativistic speeds dp/dt =dmv/dt=mdv/dt=ma
>>
File: die now.jpg (7 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
die now.jpg
7 KB, 257x196
>realisation ill never have a sixpack
>decided to devote my existence to powerlifting n oly.
>pokes fun at ripped cunts
>tfw they still get the chicks
>>
Not sure about cutting volume in half but I used to do back and chest twice a week keeping sets the same,only changing one or two exercises and I felt like I was getting bigger and wider every week.Stopped doing it because I couldn't handle it and wanted to focus more on delts and arms lol
>>
>>37376479
Ppl is definitely for steroids
I put legs in with back and train 6 days a weekish

The last couple weeks have been plplplplpl with no breaks
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.