[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get a body like Bas Rutten?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: S3orpgj.jpg (29 KB, 436x350) Image search: [Google]
S3orpgj.jpg
29 KB, 436x350
How do I get a body like Bas Rutten?
>>
>>37375984
beat the shit out of gooks for like a decade
>>
>>37375984
Be roided to the gills
>>
DANGADA DANGADA DANG
>>
>>37375984
I remember Bas discussing his training regimen with Joe Rogan back in 2013 or so, on the JRE. Exercises he mentioned:

1: Bench pressing 205 lb for 40-50 reps per set, then doing another set for 30 reps, then another for 25 or so.
2. Doing one handed pull ups, 12 per arm.
3. Doing box jumps, Crossfit style. But he also admits this is how he completely fucked up his knees and ended up losing a fight under Thai boxing rules while fighting injured.
4. Some of his strength comes from grappling. And he taught himself grappling in the mid 90s just by watching VHS tapes of his Pancrase opponents and then practicing the catch wrestling moves with his one training partner, 19 year old Leon van Dijk (who was later crippled by a juiced to the gills Ken Shamrock).

>>37376040
dyel spotted.

Despite being a "former UFC heavyweight champion," Bas was basically a middleweight. Back in 1999, there were only two weight classes in the UFC--lightweight (199 lb and below) and heavyweight (200 lb and above). Bas won the belt from Kevin Randleman at a walking around weight of 202. He was TINY for a heavyweight, even back then. You can see how small he was in clips of his fight with Kevin, who was himself only 212 lb and clearly much bigger than Bas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPT-eiXsaLQ
>>
>>37376099
>dyel spotted
spotted the newbie lifter
if you think this is natty smhfam, come back when you lifted more than 3 years
>>
>>37376099
Another fucking dyel who thinks that just because someone isn't as freaky as ifbb pro he must be natty.
>>
>>37376099
>fought in pride and K1
>natty
Top kek m8
>>
>>37375984
Lift, eat
>>37376040
He was on the juice, nbut not for musculature.
Op pic attainable natty.
>>
>>37376158
Bas was deffo not natty, but his ffmi is 10000% in the natty range
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>37376853
He never fought in either of those. He did COMMENTARY in Pride. It's amazing how you literally have no idea what you're talking about but are still supercilious to the point of giving douche chills.

>>37376756
>just because someone isn't as freaky as ifbb pro he must be natty.
What an utterly pathetic strawman attempt. No one is saying that and there's nothing in my post that could possibly suggest that. You're truly pathetic and never going to make it if you don't think Bas' body and career were doable natty. 90% of his fights were against Japanese pro wrestlers who had never thrown or blocked a real strike before. His body is not 3d or photoshopped looking at all. His legs, arms, shoulders, back and traps are otter mode at best. The only strong body part was his chest and even that only looked big in the Frank Shamrock fight due to the lighting.
>>
File: 1397849676599.jpg (25 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
1397849676599.jpg
25 KB, 290x290
>>37376989
>>
>>37376989

>Being not 3dhueg means you're natty

Silva got busted, didn't he? Did he look roidhueg?

Face it, no one who competes at a high level in sports is natty.
>>
>>37377003
>Silva got busted, didn't he? Did he look roidhueg?
Two completely different athletes from two different eras. Silva fought killers. Bas, as much as I love him, was mainly crushing cans.

>Face it, no one who competes at a high level in sports is natty.
Today? Probably. 22 years ago, when was was wrecking dudes in Pancrase? I disagree. Bas fought abysmal competition and had an okay at best physique, excluding his chest which was his one genetically blessed body part.

Not even trying to downplay his accomplishments too much because I'm still a fan and I appreciate that he was ahead of his time in many ways. But there's nothing about his body or career that require steroids.
>>
File: RandlemanRutten.jpg (334 KB, 1024x1152) Image search: [Google]
RandlemanRutten.jpg
334 KB, 1024x1152
>>37376099
>Bas """""""""""""""""""won""""""""""""""" the belt from Randleman
>>
>>37376050
The only correct answer here.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.