[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best cutting method you've ever used? Before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
What's the best cutting method you've ever used?

Before it starts, I know completely that eating at an appropriate deficit is critical. I'm asking what tools, habits, supplements, etc. made getting there the smoothest.
>>
>>37370394
>tools
forks, spoons, knives

>habits
eating less
try intermittent fasting, it didn't "work" for me but everyone keeps pushing it like it's the second coming of christ

>supplements
no
unless you want to get memed on
>>
>>37370441
>no supplements on a cut
Wew lad, youre the meme if anything.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464139062766.jpg (35 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464139062766.jpg
35 KB, 670x503
>Go out with a 10/10
>Get oneitis and break up
>starve and do cardio to keep away the pain
>lost 35kg in 5 weeks
>>
>>37370394
Whatever allows you to stick to the deficit.

Whether it's a lot of cardio (preferably LISS)
Or fasting
Or many small meals

You gotta try what works for you.

I personally really like Intermittent Fasting.
It takes a bit (~1 week) to get used to it, but after that I rarely even feel hunger until 12-1 PM or so, when I'll have my first meal anyways.

Very important: Don't just go from 4000 to 2000 kcal one day to the next.
gradually reduce your calorie intake, that'll help you avoid being hungry and binging.
>>
>>37370441
>no supplements

enjoy your mediocre cut.
>>
>>37370457
What do you recommend?
>>
Precook most meals into divvied out portions.

That way, I'm not actively counting calories, I'm just eating this entire bowl full of food. I did the counting yesterday. My 600 calorie lunch with ~40g protein is delicious. Pre-slice cucumbers and other veggies for snacks as necessary for an easy quick fix.

Gym ~5 nights a week. Too many rest days makes me lose momentum. Alternate between lifting on a full body routine and some cardio. Cardio alternates between intervals and LISS. Not that one cardio style is superior, but this helps break up the monotony.

Supplements:
EC (appetite suppression, really helps take the edge off. I cap off at 2 doses a day -- morning and noon. Anything after ~1pm affects my sleep).
Whey - easy macro allocation, requires no fridge/prep. You can just load up on lean meat if you choose

Really you just gotta do a bunch of trial and error and see what works for you.
>>
File: 1463463953209.gif (543 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1463463953209.gif
543 KB, 480x480
>>37370394

PSMF+IF+DNP+ECY+ HCG+HIIT
>>
>>37370394
Fastest ways to cut but not necessarily most healthy
>lots of cardio 30-40mins daily
>eating below 25% calorie deficit
>intermittent fasting 16/8
>DNP

I don't recommend using DNP without thoroughly informing yourself about the health risks, the right way to take it and what to avoid or have to pay attention to while taking it. I am not kidding, you can die if you don't take it the right way or do certain stuff, but people have gotten great and fast results with it, so if you feel brave go for it.
>>
>>37370394
learning to track your progress.
that's a useful skill...
see, what many faggots do is, start cutting at a 200 kcal deficit, that works well for them for the first week because they lose water weight because the diet change also affects retention, then the second week starts
they measure themselves on the first day of the second week and they have gained weight, so they start cutting at 50kcal less
same thing the second day, 50kcal less
same thing the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th day until they are pretty much doing a crash diet
the third week, once the water balances itself in your body, you start losing body weight normaly, but you are at such a huge deficit that you are losing muscle mass
http://scoobysworkshop.com/measuring-progress/
http://scoobysworkshop.com/how-to-weigh-yourself-accurately/
http://scoobysworkshop.com/2013/08/28/beginners-how-to-measure-progress/
>>
File: 1462232879530.gif (69 KB, 656x288) Image search: [Google]
1462232879530.gif
69 KB, 656x288
>>37370394
A lot of the information in this thread is actually (surprisingly) quite accurate.
I'd recommend against using something like DNP. An EC stack or even an ECY stack would be (in my opinion) almost as beneficial, without the possible deleterious side effects of DNP.

>>37371149
I doubt you're the real scooby.
However, you've made a very informative post. People would be wise to heed this advice.
>>
just have 2 meals a day with enough protein and drink coke zero to satiate hunger

or do PSMF
>>
>>37371149
>>37371292

>Still read it in Scooby's voice
>Had myself a chuckle when I read, "what many faggots do"
>>
>>37370603
creatine helps you conserve some strength and PWO is good since you often won't feel like getting up to work out if you're on a big deficit
>>
>>37370441
>cutting without supps
You might as well get your protein from vegetables
>>
>>37372305
What supps do you recommend?
>>
>>37371149
>I want to believe

>>37370394
What helped me was forming habits. I started counting calories for a month before changing my diet at all. Then I cut out bread and pasta. Then I started aiming for TDEE-500. Then I aimed for 1g/lb for protein. Now I'm reducing sugar and trying to get all my carbs from either green vegetables or oats and brown rice.

It's all about small changes that you can learn to live with. I'm down to 213 from 265 after about 8 months (only 7 dieting).
>>
>>37370394

Ketosis.

Used KetoChow for breakfast and lunch, EC 3 times per day between 0600hrs and 1500hrs, pre-workout w/ BCAAs before workout, no food before workout. Hard meal for dinner. Lost 20lbs of fat in 6 weeks and got dem gainz. Went from a 135lbs 10 rep max bench to 205lbs 11 rep max in 2 months.

Hate mail incoming.
>>
>>37375652
>KetoChow
>Hard meal
>Gainz

pls stop using fag words like that buddy
>>
>>37370394
I literally drank a "weight loss shake" called "fatblaster max"(the cheapest shake i could find) instead of lunch everyday for a year and a half. (lost 40kg)

For me it was just a cheap easy lunch that only had 1000KJ in it. However, it did suppress my hunger a lot. And when I stopped drinking them (swapped to a protein shake) the hunger came back very fast and very powerfully, I gained about 5kg back after stopping with them only because I was just plain hungry all the fucking time.
But I got really mad because I gained 5kg back so I got enough motivation to cut without any hunger suppressant shit and now I've lost that 5kg and a bit more.
>>
>>37370394
I am not cutting but strictly dieting right now and the best method I found was eating one meal a day for 4 days and eating regularly for 3 days. I lose about 0.7-1 kg per week and it actually changed my eating habits quite a bit, even on my regular days I don't feel hungry.

And by one meal I mean 800-1000 meal, not a lavish festival meal.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.