[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good routine after coming off of SL? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
What's a good routine after coming off of SL?

I've been doing it for 3 months now and I think it's about time to start confusing my muscles.
Also routine thread.
>>
Bump pls
>>
What are your strength and physique goals?
>>
>>37370271
are you still making good strength gains on SL? what are your stats right now for how much you can lift?
>>
you wanna gets some strength or you wanna get dem muscles?

for a intermediate sl/ss type deal do texas method or some shit

tryin get them muscles just go into a split prob

can always do PHAT if you have the time/endurance and want big gains
>>
>>37370549
I really just want to focus on getting stronger, I'm a girl so my upper body is genetically shit.
I would like to get to 1pl8 squat.
My stats are
Squat: 120
DL:115
Bench: 60
Bent over rows: 60
And my OHP is embarrassing and I haven't been able to add weight to it for about a month.

SL has been the only routine that has helped significantly. But I think I need to change it up for a while.
>>
>>37370685
P-pics?
>>
>>37370652
I really have been, I just got to 120 squat a week ago, and I used to struggle with just the bar.
The rest of my stats are here >>37370685
>>
>>37370685
If that's in kilo's you're a monster of a girl
>>
>>37370846
Sadly no, which makes it that more embarrassing.
God bless amerifat.
>>
>>37370685
no you're not ready to get off of SL or SS yet. If you want, take a deload and then do some more volume, basically the same program for a couple weeks doing 3x8 or 3x10 or something with a lower percentage of your one rep max adding weight slower. Do that for a few weeks and when you hop back onto SL or SS you'll feel a lot better.
>>
>>37370846
>wanna get to 1pl8
>120 kilos wow
its pounds man
>>
Is recommend PHUL as it's a 4 day program, it only makes sense to go from a 3 day beginner to 4 day novice program.
>>
>>37370785
You wouldn't be able to see much definition, since I've been trying to eat more, you cant really see my muscles unless I flex like crazy.
I'd just look like another girl in a sports bra.
>>
>>37370665
>>37370925
>>37370938
Thank you, I'll look into these, I think I'll lower my weight for now and try to 3x8 for a while.
Are there any good accessories to help with strength?
>>
>>37370685
london
o
n
d
o
n
>>
>>37370685
F L O R I D A
L
O
R
I
D
A
>>
>>37371032
accessories aren't for strength, that's what the big compound barbell movements are for.

What's the biggest struggle right now though? Because accessories CAN help, but you don't want to lean on them.

So lets say your vertical press is struggling, maybe you'll want to throw in 2 or 3 sets of lateral raises.

Muscle size and hypertrophy does have a direct correlation to strength, but not as important as the development of your CNS.
>>
>>37371074
Mainly upper body, lower body is progressing steadily.
Ohp sucks, bench and rows have progressed slowlyyy but they have improved.
>>
>>37370931
>Not using dat 110kg barbell
U a faggot or something?
>>
>>37371168
what helped me a lot was using the other compound as an accessory. So lets say it's my heavy overhead press day, I would go ahead and do my 5x5 across and then after a pulling movement I would go do a 2x10 or 3x8 on bench. The extra volume is definitely necessary for your upper body.

I did SS for the longest time like that, doing both pressing moves 3 days a week and it really helped a lot. It isn't really necessary for squats, I was just doing the 3x5 3 times a week up until I was doing like 330 for 3x5.

Your upper body is gonna need the little bit of extra love.
>>
>>37371287
Yeah, I'm going to start focusing on improving my upper body a bit more, Ill take your advice into consideration.
>>
how do i get a femme bum?
>>
>>37371186
It would have to be a 80kilo barbell in this case. 1lbs =0.45kg.

What I did when I started stalling on SL was doing all exercises every training session. Working out every other day instead of 3Xweek. Dropped to 3X5-10: when I could do the 10th rep of the 3rd set I added weight and went back to 5 reps etc. Made more sense to me than doing that 3X5>1X5 stuff like Mehdi recommends. Had to deload the exercises I did last though. Maybe I was being an idiot but it helped me squeeze about 6 more weeks of decent gains out of SL before going on a 4day push/pull split.
>>
>>37372420
A female homeless person?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.