[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that you are burning fat in areas on your body that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Dancing Frog.gif (182 KB, 226x224) Image search: [Google]
Dancing Frog.gif
182 KB, 226x224
Is it true that you are burning fat in areas on your body that feel cold after a workout?

My track coach back in highschool told me this but I always assumed it was bro-science.

What are your thoughts?

Yes I checked google but I could not find anything.
>>
>>37369551
Since cold areas mean you sweat there more, I'm assuming it could be a bro science assumption that sweat in those areas means loss of fat, which is false.
>>
>>37369573
I sweat almost everywhere on my body but only certain areas where most fat is present is cold (belly, back of thighs, back of tricep, ass).
>>
>>37369551
no.
>>
you can't control where on the body your fat will be burned from. you can slightly target a certain type of fat (which will be all over your body anyway) with yohimbine.
>>
I've heard the same. The theory behind it is heat induction
>>
>>37369595
If fat is your problem, run daily. That fixes it. If it's just a general question, I suggest you don't worry about it that much.
>>
>>37369610
Well yea I know that much, but where most of my fat is on my body, it feels cold.

Was wondering if its true and the science behind it.

>>37369627
You might be right there.

>>37369637
Im not fat just wondering about what I was told from my coach.
>>
Anybody else have any other input?
>>
>>37369730
well, i'd like to point out you're a fucking retard for listening to your coach and thinking there's an ounce of logic or reason behind what your washed up, burnout of a track coach said.
>>
>>37369848
I asked a question about what he said and I already stated that I thought it was bro-science, and you call me retarded.

Read next time edgelord.
>>
>>37369876
>be 11
>guy tells me there's candy in the back of his van

was he trying to molest me? I mean I think he was, but the candy theory seemed plausible too. I'm too dumb to think about it critically, so I'll ask 4chan.
>>
>>37369650
fat is an insulator - it's why sea mammals are covered in blubber.

your muscles have been performing work, so they're giving off heat. your muscles will feel warm. your fat is blocking that heat. so it feels colder.

pretty simple shit.
>>
>>37369926

How can you compare both of those scenarios?
You're really grasping at straws bud.

Then again you cannot tell me why what he said is wrong and instead you try to conduct your argument with no clue in what you're actually talking about. Great analogy tho. Both are relatable in every way.
>>
>>37369983
Thank you.
>>
>>37369987
okay, jesus tits.

lookit, the parts of your body that are cooler are going to have more sweat glands => more sweat => evaporation is what makes them cold -- which is why we do it.

fat is going to come of mostly evenly, but hormones will play a smaller part (ie, hips/ass for women, gut for men)

In general fat comes off according to how it was put on, first on, first off.

any correlation between skin being cold, and fat loss in specific regions is going to be completely by chance. All animals can gain/lose fat, but not all sweat. (like, dogs.)
>>
>>37370078
last on, first off.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.