[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/routine general/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: Miyake 108kg C&J.webm (1 MB, 835x560) Image search: [Google]
Miyake 108kg C&J.webm
1 MB, 835x560
Previous thread >>37342680

>shorty edition

Check out our new sticky!
>http://fitsticky.com/

>Novice Programs & Routine tips (Rep Ranges, Volume, Frequency, etc)
http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs/

>Intermediate Programs
http://fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/

>How to perform the Main Lifts
http://fitsticky.com/how-to/

I'll be helping everyone as much as possible <3
>>
File: tumblr_nudtxa02XU1rpwm80o1_250.png (57 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nudtxa02XU1rpwm80o1_250.png
57 KB, 184x184
> taking advice on how to look strong, big and manly from a tranny

come one he was literally so bad at being a man he decided to change gender, come on now. Say beta /fit/
>>
>>37368601
currently doing my 3rd cycle of C6W

I've been thinking of adding front squats into the program but can't really choose between 5 x 3 or 3 x 5

any advice?
>>
>>37368649
no bullying, /fit/ is a safe space
>>
>>37368601
>http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs/
Ice cream fitness 5x5 beginner routine should be added.
>>
>>37367501
I have swapped out the bench press for weighted dips on GSLP (hope that's viable). That means I will have to opt for the close grip bench press rather than the dip, as the third excercise on Day B, correct?
Again, thanks for all the help.
>>
Posted this already in the last thread, would like some additional thoughts:

Opinions on doing 3 days 5/3/1 (diddy, le press, skwaat) and one day 'full body"?

I want to experiment a bit with Olympic lifting, but I don't think abandoning my strength training progress to do a complete oly routine is a good idea, because I have no access to a proper gym and coaching, and have never done the lifts before. So it's really just *experimenting*

Also, should I abandon low bar squats in favour of "Olympic style atg high bar squats", which would also mean reducing my squat max by 20-30kg?

Tue:
Deadlift 5/3/1
Front squat 4x8
Calves, abs

Wed:
The press 5/3/1
Pendlay row 3x5
Incline DB bench 4x8
Pullup 4xF

Fri:
Squat 5/3/1
Snatch grip DL 4x8
Calves, abs

Sat:
Power cleans
Push press
Dips, Pullups
>>
>>37368888
IMO there should be less novice routines in the sticky, not more. ICF is a shitty 5x5 variant and doesn't belong in any recommendation. just SS, greyskull and reg park's should be enough. the rest are silly
>>
>>37368888
repped
>>
My beloved trappy.

I've been lifting for around 2 months. Have been deligently following an SS variation and running on most off days. Have seen rapid strength gains and 6kg weight gain from my previous, 175cm 61kg, skelly self. There are however, a few aspects of my training that aren't improving. Firstly, my hamstring flexibility is terrible. I'm doing sticky recommended stretching every session but progress is marginal at best. Is this just a long process or am I missing something? Secondly, my lats have always been especially weak and haven't seen much improvement in my chin ups (currently doing 5x16kg assisted). All my other lifts are still improving rapidly. Would it be advisable to increase the frequency of chin ups to every workout as I do with squats.

Also, would it be advisable to integrate Olympic lifts into my routine at this early stage and without actual coaching?

t. An eager manlet
>>
>>37369018
thx m8 icf is good bro
>>
>>37368707
The difference between 3 and 5 reps is marginal.
A limiting factor with front squats is often upper back strength, with less reps you can avoid putting too much stress on that and hit your legs harder.
But then again, higher reps will allow you to build your upper back as well. And considering front squats aren't your main lift, you don't need to hit your legs as hard.
So I'd say 3x5.

>>37369019
You could alternate chins and rows.

As for oly, don't do too much for now. You can do some technique exercises with just the bar or even just a stick, but don't go heavy. You're still just building the base on SS.
Overhead squats, power cleans, power snatches, push presses, ... just do a few sets of one or two of those at the end of your workouts, to get a feel for the technique
And a lot of mobility work.

>>37368888
ICF a shit.

witnessed tho
>>
>>37369188
>>37369006
W-why is it shit tho? D:
>>
>>37369201
It's too much volume.
It's something you can work up to from base SL over a few months. And even then.
Bloho himself said it's basically to cover all possible weaknesses and imbalances.
>>
is gs lp good for aesthetics ? should i do gs lp or greek god program ?
>>
>>37366458

What's your wechat id? Or if you'd rather not post it here, I could post my email.
>>
>>37369260
So what'll happen? Been doing it for two months progressing fine.
>>
>>37369635
you are going to die.
>>
>>37369188
alrighty then thanks for the advice I'll do that instead
>>
>>37369201
just do regparks if you want to get some aesthetics in it's much better in terms of progression.

ICF will have you stalling sooner than reg parks or SS because of the volume
>>
>>37369799
Yeah but I don't like doing dips/chinups/pullups because I fucked up my elbow/wrists last time I did them.
>>
>>37369843
learn proper form
>>
I'm trying to fix my hyperlordosis, and everywhere I read say no back work like deadlifts. Is it safe to do Reg Park's SS w/o any back work. Do pull/chin ups count as back or shoulder?
>>
>>37370326
pullups/chinups are almost full body movements.
But primarily lats and biceps.

You'll want to avoid anything that stresses your lower back.
Strengthen your abs
Stretch/release your lower back
(look up what to do with your hip flexors, glutes, hamstrings)

I guess lat pulldowns would be the safest option for back training.
>>
>>37370996
I've been doing hip flexor stretches 3 time a day 1 min each leg, and got rid of my chair at work. For abs I have been doing about pull downs on the tricep push down machine.

What do you mean stretch my lower back? My lower has been hurting from standing at work from poor posture. Every hour or so I'll go into an atg Squat position to move the spine a bit. Feels good but hurts when I stand back up.

What about exercises do you recommend?
>>
>>37371056
foam rolling or other massage stuff can help greatly
>>
>>37371080
"Foam rolling the critical body parts" in the sticky leads to a dead link. :(
>>
Yo trappy

Is it okay to add facepulls to one of the upper days on the beginner UL split from the sticky?
Just at the end, perhaps supersetted with lateral raises or something?

Also, almost 3 months in to lifting, based off my numbers any idea when i should consider an early intermediate program?

OHP: 3x5 for 51 kg
Bench: 3x5: 90 kg
Squat: 3x5 90 kg
Diddy: 1x5: 125 but deloaded to 110 to work on form cus i had back pain.

adding 5 kg a week to squats atm, 1-2,5kg on bench, 1 kg on OHP and 2,5-5 on diddy. Missing some progress here and there on bench, but the other stuff is going okay.
Squat is weak due to torn ACL and therefore imbalances/weakness
>>
playing hockey like 3 times a week this summer, in school also, so my training is going to be pretty selective and i wont be able to make big gains on the barbell lifts. i planned out my training though for during my internship and beyond:

3 months of:

TUE:
bench 5x5
pulldowns/chins 5x5
abs

THURS:
ohp 5x5
deadlift 5x5
neck work
SAT
squat 5x5
curls 5x5
close grip 5x5
wrist curls 3 sets

then 3 months of:
TUE:
incline dumbbell press 5x5-8
rows 5x5-8
abs

THURS:
dumbbell press 5x5
rack pull from knees 5x5
grip 2x10-15

SAT:
front squat 5x5
alt dumbbell curl 5x5
foot elevated pushup (weighted) 5x10
farmers walks
>>
so trappy chan, my right leg is a small bit longer than my left leg is, presumably due to my scoliosis. Do you have anything suggestions on how to alter my squat form to accommodate for this? I've noticed I very much prefer one side when i squat and my feet are in 100% even angle and distance from one another.
>>
greyskull LP better as a 3 day or 4 day-a-week routine?
>>
>>37373390
>tfw I know that feel
Annoys me more during bench presses since one arm is 1.5 or 1 inch longer.
>>
What exercise can I do to substitute bench press?
>>
>>37373390

I've got a similar problem, my right leg is about an inch and half longer than the left.

You've really got to play around with your stance and find what feels comfortable.

Try staggering the longer leg forward an inch or two, and then rotate that foot just a little more outward so the knee can track at a wider angle.
>>
>>37368601
Trannychan why should anybody here take you seriously as a source of lifting information? What have you ever achieved?
>>
>>37373632
if you can't bench, something's wrong
>>
>>37373690
I exercise at home but I can't do bench press now
>>
>>37373679
Nice meme
>>
Hey trappy what is a good program for someone that only has a barbell, dumbbell bar, squat rack, and bench?
>>
>>37368739
It shouldn't be
>>
File: Eyebrows.png (665 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
Eyebrows.png
665 KB, 1280x718
Reminder that SS is a meme that will take you to T-Rex city.

Rippletits has zero achievements and results as a coach.

Trappy will just shout roids at anyone who makes gains outside of her narrow view on how to lift.
>>
File: photo_1464673839785.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
photo_1464673839785.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Trappy:

I know you're asleep right now but I would really appreciate it if you took a look at this routine. I mostly need help figuring out percentages and progression, and fine tuning the rep ranges.

Keep in mind my "big 4" are all between intermediate and advanced according to strgraphs.

Thanks!
>>
What's a good abs routine that I can do on off days?
>>
File: 1426538614597.png (477 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1426538614597.png
477 KB, 768x768
>>37368982
>should I abandon low bar squats
Yes, atg high bar will be beneficial for your pull movements.
There's nothing wrong with your frequency.

This is more of an opinion. But I'd add more accessory exercises to Tuesday and Friday. I'd also have more lower body and less upper body on Saturday.

Hope that helps, anon
>>
>>37368601
Ok trappy chan, i need you halp.

Permacut mode/recovering fatty. Been able to progress linearly until pretty recently. Current lifts are
Ohp 135x4
Bench 200x6
Hip thrust 275x6
Chin up w/ 35x5
Row 155x8
Deadlift 275x3 (stopped training dl because it wws making my waistline thicker, call it broscience but i was measuring that shit with a tape measure, so basically i am a massive faggot and there's nothing you can do to stop me)
180lb bw
Previous routine was
Ohp 3x5
Chin 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Side lat raise 3x10-15

Bench (really floor press) 3x5 or 2x4, then 1x8-10
Row 3x5
Hip thrust 3x5
Shrug or snatch pull

How to change this routine for cutting, now that my gains are stalling?

Pretty much every lift has stalled except hip thrust, so i have been lifting like a,bro, trying to get that "volume" in, with no real program, and i feel like my gains are suboptimal.

But i also feel like i am strong and lean enough to where cutting is going to affect my gains.
>>
>>37376782
Why no squat?

How were you lifting and progressing before?
Alternating the two workouts every other day? or?
Adding 5 pounds every workout to every lift? or?

How tall are you? Do you still feel fat?
How long have you been lifting?
>>
>>37376876
Homegym, no squat rack or bench, just a barbell.

My legs are pretty massive from being an obese fat fuck and walking around.
Hip thrusts hit my legs pretty hard, and i do hill sprints, so i have what i would consider optimum leg mass.

Also artemus dolgins says squats widen the waist, and i can believe it. One set of deadlift undoes 1 week of stomach vacuum progress, ime.

I was progressing 5lb a workout, still am on hip thrust, now i do more like kinobody style RPT but i still try to progress my weight.

A lot of times when i make gaind in weight loss i will lost 10lb off the bench or so, then have to progress back up to it.
It was AxBxAxxBxAxB

If possible i would like to lift more days and with higher volume.

Used to be 5lb to every lift, but as of late i focus on one lift per workout, mostly just focusing on shoulders and my pathetic tiny chest.
5'9
Finally got rid of my gut overhang, dont feel fat, but rather fit, i would guess i am at 16-18% body fat.
Been on a proper program, truly lifting since mid january.

Before that i did bodyweight shit, babyweight dumbbell shit, and bodyweight pull ups for like a year before i bought my """""homegym""""""
>>
>>37376965
I typed that confusingly.

I meant to say when imget really good progress on my weight cut, i will slip down 10lb or on a given lift, so a lot of my recent progress has been reclaiming previously made gains.
>>
Yo trappy

Is the assistance work necessary on coan-phillipis deadlift program? I wanna slow the deadlifts into my current program but not really keen on removing a whole day just for the assistance work
>>
>>37373632
weighted dips
>>
>>37376965
Your legs are not going to be "massive" without doing squats and deadlifts.
Don't listen to bodybuilding fags.
Do deadlifts, especially if you can't do squats.

For progression, you could try the "rep goal system"
You set a "rep goal" and use the same weight until you reach that, then increase the weight and repeat.
I.e. you start with a weight that allows you to do 10 total reps (over 3 sets, like 4/3/3) and then use that weight until you can do 20 total reps (like 8/6/4 or 7/6/5), increase the weight so that you can only do 10 total reps etc.

As for the routine, If you're limited to deadlifts and hip thrusts for lower body, I'd suggest a "Push/Pull" 4x/week.

"heavy" means 3-6 rep sets (~10-20 rep goal)
"light" means 8-12 rep sets (~25-35 rep goal)
for bodyweight exercises, just do 3 or 4 sets to failure

A - Pull:
Deadlift - heavy
Row - light
Chinup/pullup

B- Push:
Hip thrusts - heavy
"bench" - light
OHP - heavy
pushups/dips

C - Pull:
Deadlift - light
Row - heavy
Chinup/Pullup

D - Push:
Hip thrusts - light
"bench" - heavy
OHP - light
pushups/dips

If you want to do extra shoulder or arm work, just add a few sets at the end, doesn't really matter how exactly you do it.
If you have dumbbells, you can try doing "floor flies" for your chest. (I think Scooby has videos on that)
>>
Whoa whoa whoa, hold the fucking phone... since when do you guys dislike Push/Pull/Leg workouts??

At the risk of my fragile self esteem, here's my workout.

Split as follows: Monday - Friday, no weekends
ABCABxx
CABCAxx
BCABCxx etc

A. Pull
- Pull ups for 3 mins, 3 sets and rest of 10 secs
- Upright rows, Wide grip 3 x 10
- Deadlifts 5/3/1
- Lat Pulldowns 4 x 10
- Straight Arm Pulldowns 4x 10
- Rows, (switch between cable, bent over DB, t-bar, etc) 4 x 10
- BB Curls 4 x 10 superset 21's at the end of heaviest curls
- DB Hammers 4 x 10

B. Push
- Overhead Press 4 x 10 superset with db lateral raises
- Incline DB Press 4 x 10
- Bench Press 4 x 10
- Flyes (DB incline, Machine, etc) 4 x 10
- BB Front Raises 4 x 10
- Tricep Pushdown 4 x 10
- Weighted Dips 4 x 10

C. Legs
- Calf Extensions 4-5 sets x a lot
- Front Squats 4 x 8-10
- Back Squats ATG 4 x 6-10
- Straight Leg Deadlifts 4 x 10
- Leg Extensions 4 x 10
- Leg Curls 4 x 10

Don't be gentle, tell me how wrong I am.
>>
Does anybody have Caladan's starting girls routine from a while back?
>>
>>37377126
>Your legs are not going to be "massive" without doing squats and deadlifts.
I dont want "massive" legs.
Their current size is sufficient,

Also no offense but that routine looks crazy dumb for me as far as ohp and bench same day, when chest and shoulders are my main focal points, and i dont one to take away from the other..... also probably not gonna deadlift still.

I told you i was a massive faggot...
>>
>>37377146
If you can't or don't want to do PPLPPLx, you should probably do something like
ULxULxx or PPLULxx or PPLxFxx or PPxPPxx

Why do you want to do everything for 10 rep sets?

You should try to do each major lift twice per week (maybe a variation for one of them) and probably do them heavy once (3-6 rep sets) and lighter once (8-12 rep sets).

Taking your exercise selection and applying it to a Upper/Lower (or rather LUxLUxx) would give me something like this:

A - Lower/Deadlift:
Deadlifts 3x5
Front squat 4x10
Calves 4xF
optional leg, lower back and ab isolation

B - Upper/OHP:
OHP 3x5
BB Row 3x5 (pendlay)
Incline DB Press 4x10
Lat pulldowns 4x10
optional bicep, tricep, shoulder isolation

C - Lower/Squat:
Back Squat 3x5
SLDL 4x10
Calves 4xF
optional leg, lower back and ab isolation

D - Upper/Bench:
Bench Press 3x5
weighted chinups 3x5
OHP 4x10
pullups 4xF
optional bicep, tricep, shoulder isolation

As for exercise selection:
upright rows are shit, they fuck your shoulder up.
Front raises are totally unnecessary, front delts get worked enough by pressing.

For the "optional" exercises, you can really do whatever you want and feel like that day.
You can do the same every time, you can do something different every time.
Just be aware that those are *optional*, they are not your main exercises.
They are there to hit weak points and if you maybe want to get a pump at the end.
You can drop them completely if you don't have time or are exhausted or whatever.
>>
>>37377343
If you think so. But don't come here in a year and whine that you have legs too small compared to your upper body.

That's why you do the combination "heavy bench - light OHP" and "heavy OHP - light bench". One as a strength movement, the other for volume.

And they are not going to take away from each other. That is a stupid myth.
>>
>>37377399
>don't come here in a year and whine that you have legs too small compared to your upper body.
Seems silly, i would probably just buy a squat stand and start squatting rather than complain.

I cant imagine my upper body can get big enough as a natty to where i need to grow my legs any more, but i'll see how they look at 10% bf

Also what is the benefit of that scheme of bench and ohp as opposed to ohp day and bench day, doing rpt?
How would they not take away from each other? If my shoulders and triceps are fatigued from a previous pressing exercise, how would i not press less?

Your 10rm of ohp wont suffer if you do a heavy bench session first?
>>
>>37377456

You're going to press less. This isn't the same thing as getting less growth or less strength gains from the movement.
>>
>>37377456
You don't do 10 rep sets to test your 10RM. You do it for volume, do apply stress to the muscle and to practice the movement.

You do heavy sets of 1-5 reps to test your strength.

Progressing on your strength movement is the most important.

If you increase the weight on bench press, but don't increase the reps or weight on OHP, you still hit a PR and stimulated the muscle more than the week before.
>>
>>37377347
>>37377347
> Why do you want to do everything for 10 rep sets?
My thought process was focusing on a single compound workout for strength 3 x 5, and have the rest 4 x 10 for muscle growth. Usually on pull days I go heavy on Deadlifts, on push days I go heavy on Overhead or Bench Press, and on leg day I usually go heavy on Front or Back Squats.

> upright rows are shit, they fuck your shoulder up.
That they do, I use to do shrugs but went back to Upright rows for lower weight and only the wide grip version. I'll make sure to cut out upright rows again.

> Front raises are totally unnecessary, front delts get worked enough by pressing.
I try to do hit shoulders hard, I start off with Overhead Press and I also like to hit the front, side and rear muscles with a light 4 x 10, Front Raises, Lateral Raises, and Rear Cable Crossovers. Plus Front raises make me look beastly lol.

I appreciate your recommendations, I'll give your workout a try and make sure to hit my major lifts twice per week.
>>
I'm coming into my season for my sport and I'm planning on switching from a PPLx2 routine to a 5 day split. Any recommendations?
>>
>>37377627
something like PPLULxx , ULxULxx or PPLxFxx
>>
File: Screenshot_20160515-055323.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160515-055323.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>37368601
Who is this Olympic weightlifter?
>>
File: 1442194985144.jpg (85 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1442194985144.jpg
85 KB, 640x640
>>37377698

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiromi_Miyake

>>37377627

http://fitsticky.com/texas-method

>>37377063

Yes, it's what's written in the program.

If you don't like the assistance work, you can customise it, but then it's not the same program and you should expect different results.
Alternatively, just look into another program.

>>37376346

Whatever you find fun.
There's lots of stuff on https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search?query=abs

>>37376205

Looks ok but I'd suggest higher frequency for the back squat and the OHP.

>>37374875

http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs

>>37373632

Dips or single-bar dips
Floor press
OHP

>>37373583

3 days

>>37371679

Yes, facepulls are fine if you like them.

You didn't say your bodyweight, so I'm not sure, but I'd recommend you stick with a novice program for now, since you're still able to progress fine.
>>
File: 1442252402036.gif (3 MB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
1442252402036.gif
3 MB, 200x160
>>37369576

Just send an email to afoxinthewoodsx at gmail dot com

>>37369461

Read the "routine tips" section on http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs

>>37369019

Yes you can do chinups on every workout.
If you find your grip is tired after the deadlifts, just use straps or hookgrip the pullup bar.

You can integrate Snatches to the DL day and do the full Cleans on the Power Clean day.
It's also a good idea to start doing front squats at least once per week, on wednesday instead of the back squat, as front squats are more specific for WL.

Watch these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FYhl4P8OnCd_C2v2tjOC55X

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy

Keep in mind you'll pretty much need weightlifting shoes to be able to have enough flexibility for snatching and cleaning deep.

>>37368982

Back squat doesn't matter. Highbar, lowbar, they're all unspecific for WL. It's just strength training.
If you want to start WL, start Front Squatting more. That's the important one.

5/3/1 isn't the best way to go if you want to start with WL. I'd recommend a beginner's WL program instead. You're not gonna abandon strength training because most of those programs include a lot of strength training.

You can stick to your routine if you want to go slowly at first, but I'd recommend you start working on the full clean and the full snatch. Doing powers only isn't gonna be very beneficial at all.
And start training the C&J and Snatch with the bar at least 2-3x per week.
Watch the videos linked in this post.
>>
File: Franco deadlift.jpg (94 KB, 543x401) Image search: [Google]
Franco deadlift.jpg
94 KB, 543x401
>>37376782

Just alternate between volume and intensity work, plan your program using the Texas Method.

That should keep you progressing for a while.

If that doesn't work, go with something slower. 5/3/1 works well for people cutting who can't progress on anything else.

PS: No lbs reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>>37376965

>artemus dolgins says squats widen the waist

Artemus is a retard. Every oldschool bodybuilder did heavy squats and deadlifts - including big names like Arnold, Park, Franco, Zane, etc.
In fact, many competed in Powerlifting as a side hobby.
And they all had thin waists and deep vacuums.

Your waist gets wider if you get fat or use HGH.

>Hip thrusts hit my legs pretty hard

Hip thrusts don't hit your legs, it's for your glutes. Unless you're doing hip thrusts wrong.

>My legs are pretty massive from being an obese fat fuck and walking around.

No they're just fat.

Learn to clean & front squat.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy

And deadlift.

Or don't, no one cares. Do whatever you want.
>>
File: IMG_20160530_162600.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160530_162600.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
Just inherited a humble home gym, pic related minus my dumbbells. I've been doing weighted dips previously, but instead of dropping $70+ on a dip station, I decided to opt for rings to hang on the chin up bar.
I have now realized that ring dips are way harder, which isn't a problem in itself, but should I eventually add weight to them or would that be dangerous?
>>
>>37378804
You can get dip bar addons for he power rack
>>
>>37378520

I'm >>37371679

Thanks, my BW is around 85 kg.
Also, isnt the novice ULxULxx split kinda weekly progression? Squat is the only lift where i add weight to my 3x5 every session, the other lifts are only added to on a weekly basis. is this correct?
>>
File: X64033y.jpg (57 KB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
X64033y.jpg
57 KB, 718x404
>>37368888
checked
>>
>>37368601
Trappy pls post a video of you lifting
>>
I've been lifting for three weeks now doing SS and I've got an almost constant lower back soreness. I'm keeping my chest up, foot stance a bit wider than shoulder width with toes pointing outward, elbows behind the bar, etc.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Should I deload, maybe I'm lifting too much?
>>
Pls r8

A
Squat 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Kroc Rows 3xF
Neck Curls 3xF
Hanging Leg Raises 3xF

B
Squat 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chin/Pull ups 3xF superset w/ Dips 3xF
Hanging Leg Raises 3xF
>>
>>37368601
Hey trappy, thoughts about this for hypertrophy? (men physique, a friend of mine also post one routine, but he's a bench only guy)

Mon: Pecs n biceps
Incline Bench: rest 1 min 30s
1x20* warmup
2x15
1x12
1x10 rest 20 sec, 2 reps, rest 20 sec, 2 reps
Chinups
3x6
Dumbell Bench
4x10 rest 2 min
Ez bar curl rest 2 min
3x10
Hammer curl rest 2 min
2x12
Scot dumbell curl rest 1 min
1x10
1x12
1x15 every time less weight.
Abs
4x12 leg raises 1.30 min rest
2x30s weighted planks

Tue: quads, femoral, calves
5x8 squat lowbar 3 min rest
4x12 femoral curl
leg press 2 min rest
1x5
1x6
2x8
Calves in smith machine rest 1 min
1x15
1x20
1x30

Wed: Back and tri
Pullups
2x5
2x8
1xF unweighted
Dips 2x8 weighted
1xf unweighted
Skullcrushers smith machine
2x12
2x15
1x20
Cable rows
4x15 1 min rest
lat pulldown wide
2x15 1 min rest
1x20
Planks
3x30sec
Thur: Cardio swimming 30-40 min
Abs 4x12, planks
Fri: pec, bi, and shoulder
Same as Mon, but OHP instead of incline and lateral raises 1x8, 1x10, 1x12, 1x15, 1x20 1 min rest

Sat: Morning cardio (8 am) swimming 20-30 min
5pm Back and legs
3x8 snatch grip Deadlifts 2min rest
3x6 pullups wide 2 min rest
4x12 cable rows wide 1 min rest
Pullovers
2x10
1x12
1x15
3x15-20 abs
3x30s planks
Sunday: rest

Pullups are in a very wide tube so I also hit forearms and Diddys are without straps
>>
File: 1435530572214.png (120 KB, 1129x421) Image search: [Google]
1435530572214.png
120 KB, 1129x421
>>37377163
I got u bb ;)
>>
Does /fit/'s Greyskull LP (as described on fitsticky.com) make you CHOOSE or ALTERNATE between Rows and Chinups?
>>
Autismsplits
hit gym later than usual x1
people x150
wait for powerrack x1
highjack smith machine for OHP 3x5, add weight because lol don't need to balance that shit.
acquire rack, squats 5x5
after each set a different person comes up and asks me how long i'm going
decide this is bullshit, move dips, pullups and deadlift to next day right after work, go home.
>>
>>37368601
Can you post new lewds? We could use a boost in motivation ;)
>>
In my leg day I'm doing assisted one legged pistol squats with my hands on a pole. I think the pistol squat is a cool exercise and relatively safe, yet I feel like doing an incomplete/assisted version of it is a slower way to the real exercise, than doing other leg strength exercises. It's the same thing I feel for pull ups/ chin ups, since I'd rather do dumbbell rows than negative pull ups/ chin ups. So, what do you think guys? Should I keep doing the assisted single leg squats (that nevertheless still make me feel sore the day after) or should I switch to another exercise. If I did, it would have to be something safe and done with dumbbells. In the winter I was doing dumbbell squats ass to grass, while being watched by my brother, but now I don't feel confident in doing them alone. So if I changed the assisted pistol squats I'd do maybe:
A) Dumbbell lunges
B) Dumbbell step ups on bench/chair
C) Dumbbell goblet squat
or D) Dumbbell sumo/pile squat
I'm also considering bulgarian split squats, but I feel like they need to much balance.
What do you guys think?
>>
>>37381972
actually nvm, fuck sumo squats, they don't really allow you to go below parallel. Also, fuck bulgarian split squats since they need a lot of balance and they don't feel like an exercise for a beginner. So I guess that leaves me with DB Lunges, DB Step Ups and DB Goblet Squat
>>
File: 064.jpg (105 KB, 680x526) Image search: [Google]
064.jpg
105 KB, 680x526
>>37378571

You still check that email?

>mfw we had a pen-pal thing going and you just disappeared
>>
>>37382188
My suggestion would be that you either work up to a full pistol squat (check startbodyweight.com for the progression) or that you do any combination of the three excercises you listed.
>>
>>37378661
>Your waist gets wider if you get fat or use HGH.
Bitch i can measure my waist before and after a set of deadlift, i usually gain 3-5cm to my waist, which takes me a week of daily stomach vacuums to lose again.

As far as hip thrusts, if i pull my heels in to my body, my hamstrings and cavles die before my glutes. If i push my feet away from my body, my quads die out before my glutes.

Given that i can do this with almost 300lb, and my legs are weak as fuck, i am not overly concerned.

And like i said, as long as i stay natty, my upper body cannot get too big for my lower body.
Lower body development is not an aim of mine, even if that makes me sound like a benchbro.
>>
>>37378661
>No they're just fat.
No, cunt.

They USED to be fat. Back when i was 255lb

Now i weigh under 180 and they are lean, but still have musculature from my former obesity.
>>
>>37382510

Post pics of your thighs.
>>
>>37368601
How would one set up a program that would focus on oly lifts but still be progressing on the big 3 (or 4)?
>>
Trappy give me a 4 day strength/hypertrophy program with all main compounds. no cleans
>>
File: routine6.1.2016.png (73 KB, 717x621) Image search: [Google]
routine6.1.2016.png
73 KB, 717x621
I'm doing this because I fucked around for a while before doing a serious beginner routine, but I don't want to lose all my arm gains.
>>
Low or high bar?
>>
>>37383560
Y'all motherfuckers make fun of greg o'gallagher for having tiny thighs, and his leg proportions are literal perfection.

I dont have shit to prove to you autists, if i want more leg mass i will squat, but i don't so who gives a damn?

Can you literally not write a routine without skwatz?
>>
>>37384952
>not being a pioneer of the midbar masterrace
>>
so I have been trying to teach myself the clean for untold months, and after watching the klokov videos, I think I was just pulling too high for me to pull myself under the bar, and I wasn't contacting the thighs hard enough.

So after drilling that for a day, i was able to do what i think is a proper clean, but both my thighs are bruised from bar contact

A-am I doing it right?
>>
File: Trump_approves.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Trump_approves.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>37376104
>her

Agreed though. Also don't forget that everything that goes outside of his xenophobic training bubble is a meme.
>>
>>37385285

Reddit pls go.
>>
>>37385272
yes.
>>
>>37385385
Oh and reddit....

Everything that he disagrees with is roids, meming, or reddit.
>>
>>37385589
Do you disavow Reddit or not?
>>
File: biflex.webm (212 KB, 673x403) Image search: [Google]
biflex.webm
212 KB, 673x403
>>37384952
High bar
>>
>>37368601
Is reddit ppl for begginers any good?
>>
Can anyone recommend a mainly aesthetics program for intermediate lifters? Goal body > Goal strength in this case
>>
>>37386011
I do
>>
I'm plateauing hard as a mother fucker right now and need a new routine.

I'm 5'11"
175lbs

On a good stretch of working out consistently I can usually max bench around 200 - but Ive been this way for a year now. I've switched my routine around a bunch but nothing seems to work. Clean bulking all around sucks, and it seems to be doing jack shit.

Now, I havent tried any full body shit or meme workouts. Just private stuff that used to work for me. So what helped you get off your plateau /fit/? I'll do my best to try an emulate whatever it was
>>
What is the best aesthetic-focused program?
>>
>>37384445
go to the fit sticky, choose texas method 4 day, and replace cleans with rows.
>>
>>37386501
zyzz routine clearly
>>
>>37368601
is trappy chan really a tranny? are their pics of him?
>>
File: 1442045288558.jpg (65 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
1442045288558.jpg
65 KB, 495x700
>>37384445
>>37386506

I'd recommend replacing cleans with front squats, back extensions, or anything you prefer for legs/lowerback/abs. Not rows in this case, keep them for the pull or upper days.

>>37386501
>>37386319

Diet + Rest + Consistency
Start with a good novice program so that you can grab the benefits of high frequency for everything, and after 4+ months move on to a 4-5 days split that will allow you to have more volume for each body part.

>>37386240

No

>>37385272

You don't have to hit your thighs too hard senpai. Just hit them, don't try to crush them with the bar.
Bruises are fine though.

Keep training.

>>37384952

Lowbar allows you to lift a bit more weight
Highbar allows you to lift a bit less weight

Other than that the differences are minor. Just choose whichever feels comfier for you.

>>37384912

Looks fine.
I'm triggered by the rows though. You'd be better off just doing lighter deadlifts 3x5 using 80-90% of the 5RM.

>>37383617

Look in the example on http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs
And just customise the strength days to include benching and whatnot.

>>37382510

It's just bants lad, relax.
If you don't wanna have a strong lowerbody, don't train it. Literally no one cares.

>>37382497

>i usually gain 3-5cm to my waist

That's literally just pump on your abs and obliques muscles.

>>37382234

I haven't checked it often, sorry senpai. It's easier to talk to me on wechat, though I also don't spend as much time there as most people would expect me to.

>>37381686

Whichever you prefer. You can choose one and stick with. You can do both. Whatever.
>>
>>37387362
>>37386240
why not?
what about intermediate lifters?
what about for lifters just wanting to be aesthetic (aka no trex mode)?
>>
File: boardie on PPL.jpg (52 KB, 863x102) Image search: [Google]
boardie on PPL.jpg
52 KB, 863x102
>>37387401

Read the "routine tips" section on http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs
>>
File: 2016-06-01 09.40.43.png (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-01 09.40.43.png
1 MB, 1280x960
Is ss good routine for me, I've been doing bodyweight stuff for a couple weeks
>>
what is a good routine variation for someone who is trying to get ready and conditioned to play rugby?
I only have a home gym, with really only a barbell and about 350 lbs of weights.
Stats:
>190 lbs bw
>375x5 DL
>320x5 SQ
>225x5 BP
>145x5 OHP

I am thinking of something like this:

Day 1: Lower
Squats 4 x 8
Romanian deadlifts: 4 x 8
Lunges: 3 x 10
calf-raises: 3 x 20

Day 2: Upper
Push Press: 5 x 3
Row: 4 x 8
Incline Bench: 4 x 10
Chinups: 4 x 10
bi/tri accessories

Day 3: Lower
Cleans: 5 x 3
Front Squats: 4 x 8
Good mornings: 3 x 10
Calf raises: 3 x 20

Day 4: Upper
Bench Press: 4 x 8
Clean high pull: 5 x 5 (ramping)
OHP: 4 x 10
Chinups: 4 x 10
Bi/tri accessories
>>
>>37387362

Trappy, what's your opinion on doing Couch to 5K while cutting and doing Starting Strength? I'm noticing a decent amount of gains and lost weight, but I don't know if I'm maximizing my gains.

Also, when should I start adding accessories to SS?
>>
File: 1460004853174.jpg (224 KB, 509x786) Image search: [Google]
1460004853174.jpg
224 KB, 509x786
>>37387527

You can probably get a decent amount of progress, but eventually it's not gonna be enough food for you to keep maxing out on every workout and being able to manage meaningful increases.

In this case you either start eating more, or if you still want to focus on losing weight, move on to a slower program.

Increases in volume aside from the adding of chinups, generally better to wait for 2-3 months. Basically when progression on the upperbody lifts starts getting harder.
Add volume slowly, one accessory at the time.
If you're cutting, you won't be able to handle as much volume, so also keep that in mind.

Oh, and you're gonna need 0.5kg plates for the OHP and the bench. If you don't have those in your gym, see http://fitsticky.com/faq

The cardio on off days can be kept for as long as you feel like it. It shouldn't affect progression as long as you're eating enough.

>>37387516

Look at the examples on http://fitsticky.com/texas-method

>>37387511

Have you ever done strength training with barbells before?
If no, yes.
If yes, but have stopped for a while - yes.
If yes, but have been training nonstop for months - obviously not.

>>37380529

Looks fine, though I'd suggest adding a floor pull on A. Light deadlifts, cleans, power cleans, RLDs, snatch deadlift, etc etc.

>>37380363

Post video.
Is it soreness or pain? Do you feel it during the lifting or only after the training?

>>37378804

Single bar dips are also an option, if you're worried about injuring yourself with the rings. That, or purchasing dip bar addons like the anon said.

Bodyweight ring dips is fine, but yes, adding weight can make things a bit more "dangerous" as your shoulders won't have as much stability.
You can do it, but do it slowly and mindful. Don't try anything stupid, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>37387880
Is there any point to doing bench press with a slight incline to hit upper chest? Trying to correct tendency to push low. Gotta get these tits up.
>>
>>37387516
Try 12 week general strength con program.

3 weeks Hypertrophy/Injury prevention (Single leg DLs w/ lighter weight, Nordics, Rotator Cuff exercises and loads of stretching)

3 weeks Max strength (Smashing compound lifts)

3 weeks power (Weight Jump squats, pause bench with emphasis on speed, Power cleans/Cleans)

3 week Strength endurance (Return to previous weight of Strength weeks for high volume)
>>
>>37387993

You mean on an incline bench?
It's useful as assistance exercise to help strengthen shoulders a bit more.
The clavicular portion of the pec major is more "active" during reverse grip benching, according to a few EMG observations.

But your entire chest is trained on the regular flat bench. We have no evidence supporting whether or not trying to "isolate" the clavicular portion of the pec major makes any difference at all when it comes to appearance, when compared to simply working the entire chest.
Doing incline or reverse grip is not gonna "get your tits up". You do that by losing fat.
>>
>>37388958

Hey, I'm doing starting strength and I was just wondering if both Saturday & Sunday should be rest days?
>>
>>37378571
Sent.
>>
>>37387880
>I'm triggered by the rows though. You'd be better off just doing lighter deadlifts 3x5 using 80-90% of the 5RM.
You mean to say that 3x5 working sets at that weight isn't too much volume?
>>
what routine is worth doing on a cut? recently started going to a 24/7 gym instead of my college gym.
>>
>>37389337

http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs/
>>
File: 1442252402015.jpg (127 KB, 1014x536) Image search: [Google]
1442252402015.jpg
127 KB, 1014x536
>>37389260

No, the point is that rows are NOT a substitution for deadlifts or power cleans.
They work different muscle groups to different degrees.

Floor pull (DL, Clean) = primary movers are hamstrings, glutes, quads, and lats
Horizontal/Vertical pull (Row, Pullup) = primary movers are lats and teres major, biceps and elbow flexors, posterior delts, and chest

On SS you have a floor pull (power clean) + a vertical pull on day B. This way you're training all of the muscles mentioned above.
By substituting the clean for the row, you're having a horizontal + vertical pull on B.
This means you're not training the muscles involved in getting stronger at the deadlift as much.
It's like substituting your bench for chinups. They do train similar muscles to some extent, but they are completely different types of lifts. The strength in one of them does not directly transfer to the other.

The proper way of customising the cleans out of SS is substituting them for another floor pull. Here are a few options:
Lighter deadlifts 3x5 using 80-90% of the 5RM
Romanian deadlifts
Snatch deadlifts
Deficit deadlifts
Deadlift from boxes or rack pulls
Paused deadlifts
Halting deadlifts
Stifflegged deadlifts
etc

If you wanna do rows because you like them, you can substitute the pullup for them, as both are similar types of lifts that train mostly the same muscles.
Or just move either the pullup to A while adding a floor pull to B. This way you have the best of both worlds, as long as you can handle the volume.

>>37388975

That's how the program is supposed to be run.
Some people like only taking one rest day on the weekend, but this makes things more complicated because your schedule will be changing all the time, and you have a bit less rest. You can try it, and it might work for you, but it's not advised as part of the actual program.
>>
>>37382497
Fucking idiot
>>
>>37387880
>Is it soreness or pain? Do you feel it during the lifting or only after the training?

Only after the lifting. But it ceases for a couple hours after stretching.
>>
>>37368601
Hi.
Assume I do a standard, 4daw UL split (Candito's, 531, TM, w/e)
Lower days are Monday and Thursday, upper are Tuesday and Friday.
What would you do if you HAD to skip (for example) Tuesday's workout?
>Pretend you didn't skip it, go at Thursday and do legs normally
>Go at Wednesday and do Tuesday's workout
>Go at Wednesday and do Tuesday's workout but lighter (so that you are fresh on Friday)
>Go at Wednesday and do Tuesday's workout but with very high intensity and very low volume to sort of not undertrain but still pull off Friday's workout
>Do Tuesday's workout at Thursday, Thursday's at Friday and so on (move everything one day back)
Need feedback, please respond
(I'm about to go and do the 4th btw)
>>
>>37389337
also what are the advantages of doing a 4 day program over a 3 day? since im cutting im making exactly 0 gains, and its been like this for awhile.
>>
someone post that picture of the guy at the mall with his girlfriend with weird ass thin legs
>>
>>37368649
This desu familia
>>
>>37392922

Described in the "Splits and Volume" section on http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs

>>37392651

Just do upper on wednesday, then lower on thursday, then rest, then upper on saturday, then rest, and then start a new week with the regular schedule.
Or do upper on wednesday, then rest, then lower on friday, then upper on saturday, then rest, and then start a new week with the regular schedule.

>>37392229

Can you point in this picture where you more or less feel the soreness/pain?
>>
File: WhereHeTouchedMe.png (317 KB, 369x741) Image search: [Google]
WhereHeTouchedMe.png
317 KB, 369x741
>>37393763
>>
File: 1411164205194.jpg (83 KB, 628x788) Image search: [Google]
1411164205194.jpg
83 KB, 628x788
>>37393784
>>
>>37392922

Full body 3 days a week is superior because you have three separate chances a week to get full hypertrophy throughout the body. The issue stems once you start to get into heavy
weights; your tendons, joints, and energy don't heal as quickly as your muscles which greatly impedes your ability to recover throughout your workout and keep progressing due to
the first two exercises too heavily limiting your stamina for the third compound and the incredible strain by pushing yourself to do so possibly lending itself to compounding injuries
on your next workout day.

Due to that concept, four days is not as optimal since you are effectively only training your body fully twice per week, but it does allow substantially more time for recovery. If your
goal is to increase strength, you'll likely need to switch to this at some point or schedule in light days/weeks/exercises during the week.

As per strength, it can still be gained and maintained without gaining muscle mass due to improvements in mind/muscle connection, technique, and etc., but the only way to judge
gains in muscle mass is through DEXA scans or similar or the cheaper method of a mirror.
>>
File: .png (237 KB, 330x683) Image search: [Google]
.png
237 KB, 330x683
>>37393763
More or less around here. I just got back from the gym so right now I don't feel it that much to give a more precise location.
In the first post I blamed the squat but it could be the deadlift. I think I was lifting the weight too far from my legs in previous workouts. Also I should probably point out that I'm not a really flexible person, although I'm seeing good progress so far in my flexibility.
>>
>>37368601

A:

Overhead press/Bench press 5x5 @ 90% of 5RM
Squat 3x5 @ 95% 5RM
Weighted chin-ups 3x5/Pendlay rows 3x8+barbell curls 3x12
Weighted back hyperextension 3x15
Abs
Neck work

B:

Bench press/Overhead press 3x5 @ 90% 5RM
Squat 3x5 @ 60% of 5RM
Farmer's walk 3xF
Forearm work
Neck work

C:

Overhead press/Bench press 1x5 @ 100% of 1RM
Deadlift 1x5 @ 100% of 1RM
Lunges 3x8
Weighted chest dips/Lateral raises+tricep pushdowns 3x10
Hammer curls 3x10
Abs
Neck work

AxBxCxx
>>
DB bench press
Standing shoulder press
DB bent over rows
DB lunges
Crunches 3xF
Chin ups 3xF
Close grip push ups 3xF

The rest are 3x8-12. I do this routine 3 times a week and I'm cutting. Is this okay?

When I reach my goal bodyfat I plan to do an upper body lower body split and add more isolations

ABABxxx

Prefer DBs tbqhf
>>
File: CZQ2n-tXEAAk-dO[1].jpg (61 KB, 600x749) Image search: [Google]
CZQ2n-tXEAAk-dO[1].jpg
61 KB, 600x749
Looking for a beginner-intermediate hypertrophy program that still incorporates the main compound lifts. Pic related is goal. Coming from a skinny frame. Just want to put on mass, not really focused on getting cut.
>>
How to tell if noob gains are gone? Did Sl 5x5 for a while and bench kind of plateaued at 210. Might change my routine, but would an LP like Greyskull still be an option? Or do something intermediate?
>>
>>37395567
Do GSLP or similar

Noob gains are 'gone' when you stop progressing on noob routines
>>
Just done with SS after 3 months and we progressed to Jim Wendler 531 like this:

xxAxBxC

A:
Squats
Triceps Extensions 3x8
Pull-Ups 3xF

B:
Bench Press
Leg Press 3x8
Dips 3xF

C:
Deadlift
OHP
Alternate Shrugs/Curls 3x8 (or both if we feel like it)

Is this okay? The workout today was fairly short (45 mins), but if everything is covered fairly it's a good program right?

Also it's week one of the 4 week cycle (less weight, shorter time).
>>
>>37368649
/thread
>>
>>37395551

Do a beginner strength program. There aren't any downsides to doing a strength routine until you start getting into extremely heavy weights wherein you might notice
a slight benefit from going lighter due to better recovery times or general lack of interest in strength routines, but even then, you could still gain muscle pretty efficiently.
Since your goal body isn't "cartoonish" looking, there's no specific need to follow a bodybuilder program either where you would specifically neglect certain muscles.

>>37395567

When you can no longer add weight to each lift every week.

>>37395741

You could add an accessory to the end of each workout. Also, you might want to swap the position of Triceps Extensions and Pull-Ups.

>>37395751

>/thread on a post that has an image from Tumblr
>>
>>37395821
Thanks! I will go and swap them now.

We thought about adding an additional accessory per day, but I figured I would wait either a week or a cycle to find out if they are needed. What would you recommend to add?
>>
Sunday:
Bench 5x5 ramping
pulldowns to chest 5x5 ramping
leg raises 2x15

Tuesday:
Dumbbell clean and press 5x5 ramping
rack pulls from knees 5x5 ramping
wrist rollers 2 sets

Friday
Speed box squats 3x5 ramping
barbell curls 5x5 ramping
close grip bench 5x5 ramping
farmers walks 2 sets
>>
>>37395886

You might consider something for legs since they seem to get one exercise/workout whereas upper body exercises have two/workout as-is.

>>37395916

Pulldowns and curls don't benefit much from heavy sets, especially curls. Due to the center of mass during a heavy barbell curl, it's physically
impossible to curl the weight without excessive bobbing which places incredible strain on your back.
>>
should I just stick to something like TM and focus on strength if I wanna get as big as possible natty? Like, not necessarily aesthetic, just huge.
>>
>>37396491
yes, there's nothing more productive for a natty than getting consistently stronger on the main compounds. you can throw in a little bit of fluff, just make sure it doesn't interfere with progress on the main lifts.
>>
>>37393763
I know all kinds of stuff about routines, but do they apply to grills as well? What would a skelly girl just trying to get more /fit/ work on? d-do they deadlift and shit?
>>
>>37396516
cool. after a year I'm still not all that satisfied with my gains even though I'm way stronger.

I'm thinking there's certain parts that are neglected in the big four I could isolate. Forearms, bis, traps etc. maybe?
>>
>>37396586
pretty much. you'll get a good ass and legs from something like SS.
>>
Hey guys I've been doing Madcow with weekly progressions for 11 weeks now and what I hate most about it is the fact that it's not enough volume for anything to really grow, as it's more for numbers vs. Aesthetics.

I was thinking of using the same exercises and ideas of Madcow (Monday is usual, Wednesday is light, and then Friday set new PRs), however instead of ramping sets just do one weight for 5x5 and then progress weekly. Would this be beneficial for gaining size?
>>
Week 1
Front Squats 7(sets)x5
Bench Press 3x8
Lat Pulldown Machine 12->10->8->6-4

Bench Press 7x3
Dumbbell Incline Press 3x12
T-Bar Rows 3x12

Squat 60kgx8 | 80kgx6 | 100kgx5 | 105kgx3 | 110kgx3 | 115kgx3
Overhead Press1x5 | 6x3

Deadlift 3x3 | 2x5 | 6x3
Stiff Legged Deadlift 3x10
Lat Pulldown Machine 45kgx(10|8|6|4)

Week 2
Bench Press 3x6 | 4x3
Incline Db Bench Press 3x10-12
Lying Triceps Extension 3x12

Squat 8x3
Anderson Squat 3x3-5
Overhead Press 5x3-5

Deadlift 10x3-5
Stiff Legged Deadlift 3x8-10
Barbell Rows 5x5
Lat Pulldown Machine 4x6-8

Front Squat 5x5
didn't write rest down...

Week 3
Bench Press 7x8
Incline Bench Press 4x6-8
Dips 3x5

Squat 6x8
Dips 5x5
Lat Pulldown Machine

Front Squat 5x5
Overhead Press 5x5
Dips
Lat Pulldown Machine

Week 4
Deadlift 6x5
Dips 5x5
Dumbbell Overhead Press 4x8
Barbell Rows 5x5

ongoing

This is what I have been doing the last 4 weeks (I have been writing it down since then so that is why the numbers are kinda fucked up). Also I often go to the gym and work up to the weight that I want to lift rather than lifting it immediately after warming up which is the reason why sometimes I do a lot of sets on squats and deadlifts.
Somehow I believe that I do way to little for my upper body cause I have been noticing my legs looking less weak while my upper body seems to not have changed at all. I appreciate any help and suggestions. Also I have been programming this by myself so they are rather freestyled workouts that I designed every monday depending on on which lift I want to improve.
>>
Question: what happens when a female does this routine?
>>
>>37397446

You tone up. The question is do you have any muscle to tone?

If not, read the fucking sticky.
>>
Is it possible to get a joocy back without doing deadlifts or OHP?
>>
>>37397567

Yes. Rows, Vertical pulls, and cable isolations.

>>37397315

Natural muscle growth is between 1.5-2 pounds/month for the first 3 months of lifting, 1.5 for the next 3, and 1 pound per month until the two year
mark. After that, expect less than a pound max. This is assuming you're doing everything perfectly in terms of routine, rest, and most importantly,
nutrition. In terms of importance, it's 10/20/70% if you want to gain muscle and strength. Per muscle/strength growth, both are somewhat parallel,
although you can definitely gain strength without muscle. It's difficult to gain muscle without strength though, so doing a hypertrophy program will
not necessarily yield more muscle mass.

>>37397427

It seems like you're not following a set routine. While none of the weeks look poorly programmed, you may want to create one or two workout
weeks and alternate them. Upper body exercises seem to be decently balanced, but legs contain larger muscles, hence why you may have noticed
a larger difference.

>>37397446

You grow a dick.
>>
File: SS for girls.png (90 KB, 738x489) Image search: [Google]
SS for girls.png
90 KB, 738x489
>>37397567

Anything is possible if you try hard enough

>>37397446

Literally nothing.
You develop a small amount of cardiovascular endurance, and that's cool.
Actual results will be close to zero though. For women or for traps.

>>37397315

If you dislike the ramping sets, why not just do texas method?

>>37396586

Yes. There are small differences in details, but the training itself is similar.
See pic related as an example, and this one as well >>37380930

>>37395916

>substituting squats for speed box squats
>substituting deadlifts for rack pulls
>low frequency of training for everything

>>37395741

The question is, why are you doing 5/3/1 after only doing SS for 3 months?
It's literally one of the slowest ways to build strength and mass.
Jump into a faster program with more frequency for each lift and more volume instead http://fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

>>37395567

Read the "Getting stuck and getting unstuck" section on http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs

>>37395551

>>37394866

Looks like a boring program that will get you nowhere and you'll get bored of going to the gym after a couple of months of seeing barely any results at all.

>>37394670

Film your sets.
>>
>>37399354
trappy, check yo email
>>
>>37399413

oh sorry, I had seen the email but didn't have my phone around to add you... and then forgot about it later
added now
>>
File: tumblr_nx6d6w85cz1srovwqo5_1280.png (230 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx6d6w85cz1srovwqo5_1280.png
230 KB, 1024x576
>>37399354

>Here are routines focussed on ass

>It's just SS again
>>
>>37398138
I thought muscle growth was 0.5-1 lbs/week for a novice
>>
>>37387362
>If you don't wanna have a strong lowerbody, don't train it. Literally no one cares.

With that in mind, trappy senpai, what is a good push-pull intermediate split for hypertrophy.

I was thinking push-pull-glutes at first, but i can't imagine doing mire than 3-5 sets if hip thrust on "glutes" day
>>
File: 1464766110872.png (190 KB, 1246x708) Image search: [Google]
1464766110872.png
190 KB, 1246x708
>>37399502
thoughts?
>>
AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

A
Deadlift 3x5
Press 3x5
Lat pulldown 4x8
Curl 3x8
Side raise 4x8
Facepull 3x9

B
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
High pull 3x5
Row 4x8
Dip 4xF (until I reach 4x8 then I add weight)
Rope pushdown 3x9
>>
>>37400032
I want my robot PM back.
>>
File: 1442045288556.jpg (155 KB, 527x855) Image search: [Google]
1442045288556.jpg
155 KB, 527x855
>>37400010

Just do PPxPPxx
Push
Pull+Legs (or glutes)

There are examples on http://fitsticky.com/texas-method
Just take one as template and customise on top of it.

>>37399862

Depends on genetics, how untrained you are or aren't, and how much you're eating.

>>37400032

I'm not Canadian, so I don't really have any opinions on this.

>>37400073

I'm not a fan of only squatting once on week 1. Not gonna be easy to progress very far with it with low frequency and low volume.

You might find it makes progressing with the bench and specially the press if you do it before the deadlifts and squats, though.
>>
>>37400032
That would be politically repugnant for him to say. He's dumb, but he's not that dumb.
>>
File: bestgirl.jpg (14 KB, 190x199) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl.jpg
14 KB, 190x199
>>37400105
I want to shove an icecube up your ass and lick around it till it melts.
>>
T 80%
5x6 squat
5x6 bench/ohp
5x6 row

R 90%
3x5 squat
3x5 ohp/bench
3x5 RDL

S PR
3x3 squat
3x3 bench/ohp
1x5 DL

(bench days)
3x10 pushup + 3x10 pull accessory
2m grip
2m abs

(ohp days)
3x8 pullup + 3x10 push accessory
2m grip
2m abs
>>
File: mfw trappy thread.png (129 KB, 210x254) Image search: [Google]
mfw trappy thread.png
129 KB, 210x254
>>37400105
gonna miss you when you leave /fit/ eventually
>>
>>37400105
Trappy, I want to start cutting after a really nice bulk. What's the best routine to do while cutting, because linear progression is impossible on a deficit. Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong.
>>
>>37400105
>>37400073
Ok thanks. I'll do the presses before the squats/DL.
I've already maxed out on 3x a week linear gains on squats long ago. So this frequency works.

My idea was to give each workout:
A lower movement
A press
A pull to complement the press
An additional pull
An arm accessory
An accessory to complement the press
>>
File: 1410825956292.jpg (181 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
1410825956292.jpg
181 KB, 600x857
>>37400233

Depends on how much of a deficit you're in.

TM can work fine if you're still a novice and/or the deficit is small.

5/3/1 works well for steeper deficits and more advanced lifters. I recommend looking into the templates where you do bench volume on OHP days, squat volume on DL days, and vice versa - instead of the templates where you do "one lift per day". Frequency for the main lifts is pretty important.

>>37400235

You could just do lighter or volume squats. You don't have to max everything on every workout.
But if you don't care much about progressing with them, or this is working fine for you right now, then sure you can stick with it.

>>37400186

You don't have anything to worry about :)

Summer is gonna get crazy though.

>>37400166

So TM?

Are you doing 90% of your 5RM on R?

>>37400141

w-wait how are you gonna lick around it...
l-lewd senpai
>>
>>37400327
Basically, trying it out after getting bored with 5x5 recently. 90% squat on thurs is 90% of my PR from the prior week.
>>
File: Terrific.gif (1024 KB, 184x141) Image search: [Google]
Terrific.gif
1024 KB, 184x141
>>37400327
You don't shove it all the way in.
You push it in a little and you lick around it and eventually you get uncomfortable and flex your ass and it pops out.
Either that or you accidentally relax and it gets sucked into the void forever.
In which case... gonna be a crazy ride for both of us.
>>
>>37400327
replying for >>37400233

I've maxed out my newbie gains, and I'm thinking of doing a steep cut to get down to 12-15%.

Main concerns were, that I was thinking of switching out back squat for front squat (as I've heard it helps a lot with correcting posture).

In regards to my cut, if I'm doing a 5-3-1 method, would I be eating a surplus on the heavy days, and a deficit on the high volume days?

My friend told me to just do high volume of front squats, bench, deadlift, and OH, and also do bodyweight training. I have a weird physique, broad shoulders, big belly and gyno, decent forarms and tris, small bis. He said it would help correct my shit. Fuck I'm sorry this is long.
>>
File: 1459986866469.png (156 KB, 1024x1097) Image search: [Google]
1459986866469.png
156 KB, 1024x1097
>>37399999
>>37400000
>>
>>37400105
Ok i couldnt do a lot of exercises in your tm templates because home """""gym""""", also i dont believe in training arms. Please excuse my tremendous faggotry, but how about something like this:
A.
Floor press 2x4, 2x8
Dumbbell floor flyes 3x8, 1x10
Ohp 3x10
Push up 3xF

B.
Yate's row 2x4, 2x8
Bw pull up 3 sets (stopping short of failure first two sets)
Hip thrust 2x4, 2x8-10

C.
Push press 2x4
Ohp 3x8
Floor press 4x10
Side lat raise (alternating between heavy and high volume)

D.
Weighted chin 2x4
Wide grip pull up 3x8
Yates row 4x10
Hip thrust 4x10

Is thismroutine garbage?

Also, can i AxBxCxDxx??
>>
File: yummy.jpg (61 KB, 308x404) Image search: [Google]
yummy.jpg
61 KB, 308x404
>>37400327
Is it true you have a big dick trappy? post stats (pre hrt is fine)
>>
>>37401040
Judging by her undies pic, i would say no.

But dont get overly concerned, i am bigger and stronger and look more like klokov than you do, so she will be mine
>>
>>37401040
>>37401143

7 inches
>>
>>37400327
trappy, here's a template that I recommend for higher frequency in 5/3/1

Day A
Front Squat 531
CGBP 531
Squat Alternative 531 (-10% avg)

Day B
Alt Deadlift 3x3 @ 70-75%
Bench Alt 531 (Same as week 1 always, maybe up 10-20lbs)
MainDeadlift 531

Day C
Squat 531
Bench531
WeightPullups 531

If its for a powerlifter, I end up doing 2x5 2x3 and 5x1 for every 531

<3

that guardian angel person that keeps telling you to read more

Yes its the same guy
>>
File: soon.jpg (218 KB, 1092x1020) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
218 KB, 1092x1020
>>37401143
I feel like we've done battle in trappy threads before. M'lady will be mine good sir as i'll be providing 2 cocks instead of 1
>>
fuck me I only have 20lbs dumbbells, what would be a good full body routine?
>>
>>37401541
1x job
1x gym membership
>>
>>37401569
fuark I live in fucking rural Yukon I cant goto a gym, I just want a decent temp routine with what I have cause that's better than just sitting around rotting right?
>>
>>37401213
I am not autistic enough to have done this shit will anyone before....

All I know is I am just waiting for the zitka virus to die down, and i am asking my boyfriend to pay for a ticket to brasilia.

By then my cut will be over so i can seduce trappy with smexi ab pics, also i can learn some joo jeetz while i am there, so it all works out.

#cumminforutrappy #ironicuseofhashtagsonthefourthchannel
>>
>>37400526
..please respond >_>
>>
>>37368601
the determination in her eyes is the most inspiring thing i've seen in weeks
>>
>>37401615
>i'm too good to train arms also i have no equipment how to get shredded pls trappy
c'mon
you're not even doing anything for legs, it's trash tbqh
>>
>>37401631
I dont train arms and they are bigger than i would like (i want my delt:arm ratio to favor my delt more)

Also i literally just got done explaining why i am not training legs, if you had followed the convo thread....
>>
>>37401736
>i'm special enough to warrant you reading the whole thread
C
'
M
O
N
>>
>>37401631
>routines are not allowed to be customized to specific needs
I honestly can't tell who is the bigger faggot: you or the fag not training arms or legs
>>
>>37401764
they can be customized, but also if i had a button that permabanned everyone ever asking what a good routine without weights was, i would probably press it
>>
>>37401760
I said convo thread, as in conversational thread, as in you dont jump in a conversation without knowing what you are trying to talk about.
>>
File: 2016-03-02_00009.jpg (157 KB, 770x613) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-02_00009.jpg
157 KB, 770x613
>>37401597
>waiting for zika to die down
I'm so shredded and conditioned mosquitos cant even penetrate my skin while I'm penetrating trappy chan
>>
>>37401944
Enjoy your super aids
>>
File: 20160113_150606.jpg (560 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160113_150606.jpg
560 KB, 2560x1920
>>37368601
Hey fit. Im a newb lifter looking for a.mix of strength and asthetics,but mostly mass, im 6'1 160lbs skinny fat. Should I ppl(brosplit) or stay on SS..Also, should I bulk or cut(skinnyfat mode)
>>
>>37400526
Shameless bump
>>
I have been doing a split routine for 6 months, and want a new program. What am i best off with? I want to try a strength program, but continue doing arms and upper back in addition for the looks. Am i better Off with a BB focused program?
>>
So I'm running an LP currently

AxBxAxx
AxBxAxx

A
Bench 3x5
1xf at 60-70% work weight
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Pull-ups
Ab work

B
Push Press 3x5
Strict Press 2xf at 60-70% work weight
Squat 3x5
Bent-Over Row 3x5
Quad isolation cause weak quads
Curls if I feel like it (I never do)

Adding weight each time to squat, bench, press, and deadlift in standard LP style. It's been a few weeks and I've made enormous gains as is expected. Pls r8 no h8
>>
File: 1459481297894.png (37 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
1459481297894.png
37 KB, 700x600
>>37402193

Sounds like you're looking for Grey Skull.

Give it a look, add some accessories if you're feelin' it.
>>
>>37402193
Do my program but change up accessories to what you want. In my (limited) experience upper body can take a bit more workload cause of the lighter weight and therefore less metabolic fatigue.

The benefit of a strength program is knowing that in order to get stronger, you have to grow in some way. Therefore, if you're getting stronger, you're growing. It's a great psychological motivator.

(Expecting some rebuttals about neuromotor efficiency or some shit, like CNS gains ain't gains and don't improve muscle tonnus and therefore that 'dense' look)
>>37402270
>>
>>37402270

Looks solid, m8. The only thing I'm wondering is if it would be better to train strict press and use the push press as an accessory.

Or you can try something like:

Strict Press 3x5
Dumbbell Overhead Press 2xf

If you're looking for suggestions on quad isolation and you have access to a dip-belt/plyo-boxes then there's nothing better than the belt squat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng2BoW5F7yE

If you're feeling it, then maybe run squats at 2x5 on your B days then hit up 3x5-8 belt-squats.
>>
>>37402319
I chose push press for a couple of reasons

>Less stalling/consistent in adding weight
>Works middle and rear delts more (delts being huge stabilizer in overhead movements)
>Harder on core stabilization
>More fun

I don't feel like I'm missing out on any gains, especially with the strict Press back off sets. Willing to hear suggestions on why push press is bad though, most LPs do have strict Press.

I'll have to try out those belt squats. It's gonna look kinda funny though, lots of gym bunnies do that with a dumbbell.

Thanks for feedback and suggestions.
>>
>>37402450

Most LPs have strict over push because a) its easier to nail down form and b) there's a somewhat justified belief that trying to get untrained people to do heavier, more explosive movements right off the bat incurs a higher risk of injury separate to any form breakdowns.
>>
>>37402450

>why push press is bad though

It's a great lift, though it seems strange to make it a focal point. It's almost like you could be training the jerk at that point. Though, if you never plan on doing any owg there's no reason to get into that stuff.

>most LPs do have strict Press

My only guess is that strict press is the more pure movement, you know? In all honesty, a push press is going to be more functional anyway - you do you, buddy.
>>
>>37402466
I feel I have decent enough form. I fucked around for about a year doing a fullbody routine similar but refusing to eat enough at all. 175lbs at 6'3" and I was wondering why my lifts wouldn't go up lmao.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate
>>
>>37402477
Doesn't the jerk try and remove the shoulder/arm extension by dropping under the bar? Push-press should still work extension to a huge degree, I could be wrong though. I'm totally willing to sub in a jerk-type movement, maybe at a different rep scheme, and change up the strict Press reps as well, but I'm working under the assumption the push press is much more of a press than the jerk.

I just want to put a ton of weight over my head on Wednesdays, while still getting stronger and not just more talented yknow.

Thanks for your thoughts anon
>>
File: program.png (6 KB, 190x253) Image search: [Google]
program.png
6 KB, 190x253
Need some input on the accessories.
Are DB lat raise reps too high?
Is 3x12 good rep range for DB rear delt flys?
I'm trying to go for aesthetics right now. Get bigger shoulders and pecs.

No squats right nowbecause of a bad knee caused by muscle imbalance in the hip. I cycle 20-40km every day tho.
>>
>>37402667
They are too high in my opinion. Simply because with a weight that light you're more likely to reach volitional failure rather than muscular failure. Hypertrophy is the result of many heavy sets, whether they're heavy from sheer volume or from sheer weight. Plus mechanical tension.

So go heavier, 8-12 is my favorite range, some people like 12-15 on isolation, it's really up to you. So long as the weight gets heavy you'll be fine, it will do what it needs to.
>>
>>37402450
It's because in terms of building 'strength', it's more measurable to do a simple point A to point B movement as cheating as less apparent. As push-press gets heavier it's easier to drive more through the legs and remove more and more of the pressing involvement, whilst just overloading the top portion of the lift - and the degree to which you actually 'press' isn't known.

If you can progress on the strict press, you should strict press. Past LP though it's less of a concern and the distinction between them is dependent on your goals and training
>>
>>37402762
>volitional failure
That's retarded. It's not like between 12 reps and 18 reps people just go "ah fuck it I'll stop there"

That being said 18 reps is too high - not because of "volitional failure" though.
>>
Made great gains on this routine:

Squat
Bench
Powerclean
Legextension
Ham-curls
Same exercises, three times a week always focusing on one of the first three while going a little lighter on the other two.
BUT i also did a ton of sports at that time. Right now im doing no sports at all, just lifting. How should i modify my routine?
>>
>>37402157

Stay on SS. Consider throwing in Curls, French Press, Lat Raises, or some other accessory for 3x10+ at the end of the workout if it's currently
boring you.

>>37402995

18 reps isn't too high unless you're doing a compound. For isolations, it's incredibly difficult to reach cardiovascular failure. When doing hypertrophy
specific reps, the point is to properly wear your muscles, but by going too high on reps, one might notice that they run out of breath well before their
muscles give out, hence cardio. If you can do half a million reps without stopping and the muscles are the first to fatigue, there won't be a negative
in muscle growth.
>>
>>37403042

Replace Leg Extensions with an upperbody exercise.
>>
>>37403052
It's not just about wearing your muscles. It stresses different muscle fibres and there appears to be an intensity threshold where doing 15-20+ reps yields worse results - it's not because "your heart gives out"

If it was, you would have people with huge legs just from running or taking the stairs. It doesnt work like that.
>>
>>37403574

>If it was, you would have people with huge legs just from running or taking the stairs. It doesnt work like that.

Cyclists with huge quads, sprinters with large legs, and obese people with gigantic calves would like to have a word with you. The biggest downside to
high reps is a build-up of cortisol, but the more often one trains in a high-rep environment, the lower cortisol levels rise. Also, muscle builds well-after
cortisol levels return to base.

As per muscle fibers, this would be Myofribillar vs Sarcoplasmic. You can't train one without the other, but generally Myofribillar tends to responds much
more heavily to short bouts and the latter to long periods of exertion. Most novices will notice each fiber type growing near equally under strength or
endurance training due to a general lack of training. Even still, specific muscle growth does not seem to impeded heavily by rep-range.

The highest benefit to high rep training is that it allows lower weight and more focused reps. In a similar fashion, it allows bringing the muscle closer to
complete failure thus ensuring proper breaking down of the muscle. The smaller the weight increment, the closer one can get to failure; per example, it's
similar to using a jackhammer vs. a chisel. In terms of muscle growth though, complete failure does not need to be reached to ensure optimal hypertrophy;
often, 70-80%+ of failure is sufficient.
>>
>>37403670
>thinking sprinting is an endurance sport
>thinking sprinters and cyclists do sprinting and cycling to build muscle
Stopped reading there tbqh
>>
Is this Sheiko advanced good? Should I do medium or large load?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit#gid=396035756
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit#gid=12754563
>>
>>37368601
lmao I can deadlift more than this pansy jap girl. Why does she get to compete in whatever this shitty competition is at such a loser weight that I can beat in just 2 years of training?
>>
>>37403670

Sprint cyclists are also monster squatters. Like, 500lbs for reps at 200BW or less. Likewise with sprinters doing a ton of weight work.
>>
Pullups-5xRM
Squat-3x8
Military Press-1x8rm, 3x10x-25% of top set
Deadlift- same as above
Bench Press same as above
Curl-2x10
Close grip bench-2x10

I do this 2x/week on a cut with 1 or 2 days in between of just pullups and other auxiliary work. Gonna do 4 week cycles of 8,5 and 3 reps. What you think trap?
>>
>>37402157

If you're on SS, you should always eat to bulk. How heavy a surplus depends, but at 160 for 6'1 I'm guessing you're more skinny than fat) you shouldn't worry about it. SS with a healthy high-calorie diet is absolutely what you should be doing as a novice in your position.
>>
File: 1454282100248.jpg (99 KB, 471x736) Image search: [Google]
1454282100248.jpg
99 KB, 471x736
>>37400385

Why not do heavier volume at the start of the week, and lighter volume in the middle?

>>37400424

l-lewd

>>37400449

If you wanna cut, it's easier to just eat on deficit every day.
You can alternate the amount of calories accordingly to training, but that will require you to know what you're doing and be confident you're not gonna mess it up, or you're just gonna end up not seeing fat loss.

Posture correction is mostly conscious effort through the day. Weight training can only help so far. Front squats are not gonna do magic.

>>37400526

The templates are simply for you to get an idea on how to program it, not to do them as written.

Give the whole page a look.

>>37402157

Stay on SS
Read the "Getting stuck and getting unstuck" section on http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Buy a cheap calliper from amazon and use http://scoobysworkshop.com/body-fat-calculator/ to measure your bodyfat%
Bulk but don't become fat if you wanna look "aesthetic".
If your bf% is already moderately high, eat at maintenance to recomp. If you're fat, cut.

Measure yourself with the calliper first, though. Many people who think they're "skinnyfat" are just skeletons with no muscle mass but their bf% isn't high at all. The calliper is not 100% accurate, but it gives you a good idea of where you're and makes measuring progress more reliable, as only using the scale won't be enough (you can gain weight while losing fat).

You can also measure your progress on http://symmetricstrength.com or http://strengthstandards.co

>>37401160

DELETE THIS

It's not actually 7 inches though
>>
2x5, 1x5+ OHP / Bench (alternate)
3x5 Chin ups / Rows
2x5, 1x5+ Squat / 2x3 Deadlift
3x8 BB Curls / Dips

I do shrugs if I'm waiting to get a rack/bench, and I do 5x20 push ups every day at random times
>>
File: 1464287515294.jpg (500 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464287515294.jpg
500 KB, 1080x1080
>>37402270

Looks good to me.

>>37402193

Read the "Routine tips" section on http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs and hop on a good program

"BB programs" are made for bodybuilders. That implies the use of gear.

>>37402667

18 reps is a meme. Use heavier weights with proper form and you'll see more results when it comes to strength gains and even muscle growth.

Start squatting. This is good if you feel knee pain at first https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZsE_TTrQBA
Eventually move on to full barbell squats. With good form, it's gonna fix your knee issues.
More stuff to watch on knee pain here https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search?query=knee

>>37403042

http://fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

>>37403725

She's in the 48kg weight class.

>>37403746

If you're a novice that should work ok.
It's not gonna be easy to progress very far when you're maxing both the OHP and the Bench in the same workout, though.

>>37403724

>>37403922
>>37404136
>>
File: Dumbbell program.png (3 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Dumbbell program.png
3 MB, 1200x1200
>>37401541

Pic related can work ok, but you're not gonna see much results if you aren't able to start using heavier weights.
Better mix it with more callisthenics work (single leg squats and stuff), or find more weights for your DBs.
>>
>>37368601
http://www.simplyshredded.com/exclusive-zyzz-interview.html
Is the zyzz routine good for a novice?
>>
Sunday:
Shadow boxing - 20 min
Heavy bag - 30 min
100 kicks
200 knees
Conditioning work - 30 min

Monday:
Shadow Boxing
Heavy Bag
Pad work
Sparring
Conditioning work

Tuesday:
Squats
Presses
Hamstrings
Quads
Back
Abs

Wednesday:
same as monday

Thursday:
Plan on lifting, but be too drunk and stoned by one in the afternoon to really train, so just do neck work and grip for like an hour

Friday:
same as mon/wed

Saturday:
get drunk and high all day and do work around the house
>>
>>37404814
Trappy do you want to be my life coach. Aspiring to go from shitty sub-human to Olympic athlete in 10 years. I've completed 2 years of standard lifting so far, and want to ascend to the next level.

Pls.
>>
File: overhead-press.jpg (30 KB, 594x792) Image search: [Google]
overhead-press.jpg
30 KB, 594x792
I want my bench and ohp to go up in numbers. I lift 4 times a week A1B1xA2B2xx but i have no idea how fix a routine that will improve those lifts and won't neglect other body parts at the same time. Only thing i know i have to bench heavy/ohp light and ohp heavy/bench light 4 times a week. Can anyone help me out?
>>
File: 1462669504878.jpg (36 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
1462669504878.jpg
36 KB, 607x608
Rate my program, plz.

Goal is strength at an intermediate to advanced level.

>A
Squat
Bench
Weighted Chin-Ups (Accessory)

>B
Deadlift
OHP
Pull-Ups (Accessory)

>C
Front Squat
Close-Grip Bench
Barbell Row (Accessory)

All non-accessory works follows the same protocol:

>Wk 1
4x6@71%

>Wk 2
5x4@77%

>Wk 3
6x2@85% w/ AMRAP last set

Adjust maxes +5-10 lbs every 4th week.

Days in-between are paused singles at 70% for technique, light abs/bodybuilding and 2-5 miles of walking.
>>
currently doing the 5 day texas method from the sticky and its working well

after a lot of messing around my squat form seems ok now but is way behind at 70kg

question: can i squat every other day like on ss until i start stalling? or should i just keep going low intensity high intensity like i've been doing as part of the routine?
>>
>>37405332
Grease the groove. On non TM days, do a few squats with 50-75%. Singles/doubles. Just to reinforce the motor pattern without tiring you out.
>>
What do you think about my 5/3/1 what improvements should I make?

>monday:
press 5/3/1
close grip benchpress 5x6
chinups
shoulder flys
triceps

>tuesday:
deadlift 5/3/1
frontsquat 5x6
abs
biceps

>thursday:
benchpress 5/3/1
db shoulder press 5x6
db rows
chest flys
triceps

>friday:
squat 5/3/1
deadlift under knees 5x6
abs
biceps
>>
i have a slight injury, i think it's my rotator cuff. i'm pretty sure it's from bench pressing, so i'll stop doing that for a while.

what should i do instead?

can i just do OHP every workout?

my chest won't be completely neglected; i already do chest dips
>>
I dont really want to do Power Cleans/Snatches, are there any alternatives for that?
>>
>>37405577

>>37391956
>>
>>37405665
Thanks breh.
>>
>>37405281

Day 1:
-Bench 3x5@80%
-Lower Body Compound
-OHP 3x10@50%
-BB French Press *superset* BB Curls 2x10@70%

Day 2:
-OHP 3x5@72%
-Lower Body Compound
-Bench 3x10@50%
-Sitting DB Shoulder Press 3x10@70%

~Rest~

Day 3:
-OHP 3x5@80%
-Lower Body Compound
-Bench 3x10@50%
-Front *superset* Side DB Lat Raises 2x10 @70%

Day 4:
-Bench 3x5@72%
-Lower Body Compound
-OHP 3x10@50%
-Lying DB Press 3x10@70%

12x34xx

>>37405302

Program looks good. Might want to drop the singles to 60-65% though and up the weight on weeks 1-3 by 4/3/2% respectively. I'm alternating between 3-6
sets for the main compound of the day pending on the week and haven't yet had trouble hitting 87% for 3 for 3 sets followed by 80% for 6 for 3 more sets
right after with a slightly inflated max. Just rest between sets appropriately.

>>37405332

Seconding this >>37405368

>>37405457

Drop Shoulder Flys on Monday and DB Rows on Thursday. I don't see the need for abs twice a week, but that's purely personal taste.

>>37405562

Had the same thing for a while. Hat wearing Youtube black-guy helped me find what was wrong - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ5iCcKzg2Q. Don't
OHP; you'll fuck it up even harder. Do Yates Rows or scapula-retracted Wide Grib BB Curls if you have to do something.

>>37405577

Not really. Is there a specific reason why you can't do them? The only thing that would come remotely close is doing multiple exercises.
>>
>>37404842
thanks trappy bro
>>
Monday
Bench Press 4-5x8-10
Deadlift 4-5x8-10
Pullups 4x10
BB Shrugs 4x10
DB Triceps extension 4x15

Tuesday
Front Squat 4x10
OHP 4x10
Lunges 4x10

Wednesday
Pullups 4x10
Tricep extension 4x15
BB Curls 4x10
Facepulls 4x15
Lateral Raises 4x15

Thursday
Pause Bench Press 4x8
Deficit Deadlift 4x8-10
Lunges 4x10

Friday
Pullups 4x10
Tricep extension 4x15
BB Curls 4x10
Facepulls 4x15
Lateral Raises 4x15

Saturday
Bench Press 4-5x8-10
Squat 4-5x8-10
DB OHP 4x10
>>
>>37405893
>Don't OHP; you'll fuck it up even harder.

but i did OHP today (it was OHP day) and it felt fine. plus rip said that OHPing can actually help a rotator cuff injury.
>>
>>37406132

They can strengthen your rotator cuffs because they work them, keyword being work. If they're injured, you don't want to compound that. Not too familiar with
Rippetoe's teachings, but not many people would recommend doing heavy exercises utilizing your rotator cuff with an existing injury.

>>37405949

Bit high on the accessories, and OHP after Pullups and the rest from Monday would be difficult. I'm assuming these are all medium-heavy days as well 6 days
a week. I couldn't imagine not getting incredibly burnt out on this without making Tuesday, Thrusday, and Saturday extremely light (<50% and not to failure). I'd
recommend cutting this down to 5 days max, preferably 3-4 days, and minimizing it to four exercises/day, five if you just want to spend more time in the gym.
>>
>>37368601
Post boipussy or gtfo
>>
File: 1444380508322.png (126 KB, 402x398) Image search: [Google]
1444380508322.png
126 KB, 402x398
>>37406279
i find it flabbergasting that someone actually thinks this sort of thing is worth posting.
>>
>>37404814
If 18 reps is a meme then what isn't? 4? 8? 12?

I have been squatting for almost a year but I stopped. Pushing a plateau with a bad knee and hip isn't something I'm into and it's messing with my cycling performance as well. I'm doing rehab for my hip right now and probably start squatting again in the winter. Problem is that I seem to have some fundamental asymmetry and it's not great with heavy squats. My form is pretty decent (at least I think so).
>>
>>37405893
>Day 1:
>-Bench 3x5@80%
>-Lower Body Compound
>-OHP 3x10@50%
>-BB French Press *superset* BB Curls 2x10@70%
>Day 2:
>-OHP 3x5@72%
>-Lower Body Compound
>-Bench 3x10@50%
>-Sitting DB Shoulder Press 3x10@70%
>~Rest~
>Day 3:
>-OHP 3x5@80%
>-Lower Body Compound
>-Bench 3x10@50%
>-Front *superset* Side DB Lat Raises 2x10 @70%
>Day 4:
>-Bench 3x5@72%
>-Lower Body Compound
>-OHP 3x10@50%
>-Lying DB Press 3x10@70%
>12x34xx

so nothing for back or i am missing something?
>>
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

Is phul good program?
>>
>>37406498

Deadlifting is a lower body compound. You could Deadlift and Squat twice per week.

>>37406518

It seems PHUL of exercises, but not terrible. Keep in mind that this looks like a bodybuilding exercise, so the rest times are likely meant to be less than 3 minutes
for most exercises. I couldn't imagine finishing that program in less than two hours otherwise.

>>37406491

No rep structure is a meme. If your muscles are properly worn after it, it was effective. The importance lies more in which structure accomplishes that in the fastest
time period possible without sacrificing form and making you prone to injuries. Having stated that, there are two different types of muscle fibers - Sarcoplasmic and
Myofribillar. You can't work one without the other, but whichever rep structure you work more often you get at it. The assumption then would be that your body becomes
better at utilizing certain muscle fibers.

Most of /fit/ will shit on you for doing over 12 reps, but there's no real downside to it assuming you know beforehand that it won't be as optimal for pure strength gain.
Going lower weight and more controlled/slow with the rep allows you to specifically concentrate on certain parts of the lift for long periods of time which can be very
difficult when using high weight due to the likelihood of lifting it with the more dominant muscles. An example of that would be offloading the weight of a heavy Bench
Press onto your triceps. There's no direct issue with doing that at first, but you'll likely need to include assistance exercises at some point to keep progressing with
Benching.

As per hypertrophy, high reps does not always amount in more muscle gained. What is does do is force more blood into the muscle during a longer period of time thus
encouraging nutrients into the muscle. Pumps last for a very limited time, though, so I couldn't imagine it being helpful unless you had an elevated amount of red blood
cells.
>>
A: CHEST/TRICEP
5x5- flat bench
5x5- incline (or decline)
3x8-12 cable press down
3x8-12 db fly
3x8-12 skullcrushers
3x8-12 db press
3x8-12 db tricep extensions

B: BACK/BICEP
Warmup/5/3/3 deadlifts
3x8-12 alternating db curl (per arm)
5x5- bb rows
3x8-12 concentration curls (per arm)
3x8-12 row machine
3x8-12 sitting strict curls (per arm
3x8-12 lat pull down
3x8-12 ez curl bar
3x8-12 cable rows

C: LEGS/SHOULDERS
5x5- OHP
5x5- Back squats
3x8-12 lateral raises
3x20- calf raises
3x8-12 rear delt fly
3x8-12 leg extension
3x8-12 db shoulder press
3x8-12 leg curls
3x8-12 front squat/goblet squat

25 min cycling warm up daily
Stretch after cycle
Core and oblique workout daily

I'll often change the order of the exercises, but always start with the compound and then alternate isolation exercises by muscle group

For days, I don't usually keep order, as long as I hit all muscles twice a week. I take my rest day when needed, not scheduled in somewhere.

Goal is both strength and hypertrophy. What sort of critiques would you guys give me? I've been at it a while, and with some tweaking I'm putting on 5lbs to my compounds per week.
>>
>>37406731
So 10-12 reps?
>>
>>37406518
>https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

Use Candito's Linear program with either Control or Hypertrophy. It's very similar and if you want more shoulder work you could add it on the second upper day.
>>
>>37406783

More like 1-12 depending on the exercise, your goals and your program.
>>
>>37406806
I was specifically asking about lat raises before.
>>
File: 0wbzm.jpg (76 KB, 1870x824) Image search: [Google]
0wbzm.jpg
76 KB, 1870x824
I have some imbalance in my right arm (left on pic) so when I OHP it looks like pic related. It's like a chicken wing flaring out and I suspect it's from when I hurt my shoulder benching due to poor form a few months back. I can force it back to place but my natural position looks like this when I initially grab the bar. This causes some uneveness in my bench press also where one arm is more tucked than the other, which causes one arm to press before the other which in turn leads to an effecient bench.

Is there any way to fix this? I watched Alan Thrall's broken shoulder video and I do daily stretches but maybe there's better info out there.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.