[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
eating cold for macros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: temporary.jpg (260 KB, 1052x700) Image search: [Google]
temporary.jpg
260 KB, 1052x700
HI, I'm kinda bulking, but I dont know what to cook to bring at work.
Cause everyday of cold rice and cold meat (or fish) is not really tasty.
I dont want to use microwaves 'cause it kills the macro right ?

So, how do you deal bulking and working at the same time ?

Pic semi-related cause you read this cause of the girl, because you no-homo right ?
>>
Microwave it. It's fine. Alternatively, make a shake of some sort and put it in the fridge/freezer
>>
YOU'RE CUTTING THAT PEPPER WRONG.
>>
>I dont want to use microwaves 'cause it kills the macro right ?

wtf, no.

Here's what I do:

1) Cook a big meal on sunday
2) Store into single or double portions
3) Import this shelf of food into the community fridge (it's nice that only like 8 or us share it, and only half use it)
4) Place the portions onto the plates/bowls I brought in from home
5) Reheat in microwave (as necessary, some stuff is great cold!)
6) Eat. Do dishes before lunch is over

But then again I'm fine eating the same thing for a whole week. If you're not, you can still make a large meal on sunday, but freeze into single portions. Eventually you'll have enough for a daily rotation of delicous/cheap food that is at your caloric and macro goals.

PS - Get a slow cooker!
>>
File: temp cooking.jpg (81 KB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
temp cooking.jpg
81 KB, 720x320
>>37367506
a shake of what ? Do you want me to shake some chicken and rice thing ?
Dont understand...

>>37367545
Look the pic, is that false about micro-waves ?
By the way, I dont like to freeze the food neither.
But all right, I will hear your advices. Because its better to eat a lot of food microwaved than alittle part of food cold.

Yes some cold stuff are goods, but when you eat cold rice you cant anymore, your body dont digest it and you're like eating like a robot and not liking it (inb4 OP is skeleton detected yes)
>>
OP here, nobody else have advice ?
>>
>>37367513
How are you supposed to cut it?
>>
>>37369155
stab out the stem first
>>
>>37367933
macronutrients are not the same as micronutrients incase you weren't aware
>>
>>37369361
so this means I can put carbs and meat on the microwaves, but not fruits and fishes, right ?

Thanks for your response.
>>
Putting fish in the microwave at work is for autists and Chinese people.
If you're having trouble heating up your rice like a tard, put some water in the container and mostly cover it. It will steam your shit instead of turning it into dry tooth breaking nuggets.
More food for work? I get some roast beef from the deli and eat it with cut up peppers, avocado or pickles. I also keep canned tuna if I want to terrorize my employees and janitorial staff. But they're not gonna say anything about me smelling like whale pussy.
Easy protein shake; hot coffee, mixed with protein powder. Mix until the chunks are gone. Add milk and ice. Chuck it in the fridge or freezer for 30 min.
>>
>>37369788
I dont put fish in the microwave of course.
Its not about heating up the rice, it was about destroying the micronutrients, LearnToRead101.

Yes, I like too to eat some canned tuna or sardines, or even salmon that I cooked the day before or on early morning. I dont care about what they think, they are not jealous about my food but about my body, so I dont care.
>>
>>37367488
Just eat once a day in a 3-4 hours period.
>>
>>37367933
http://www.livestrong.com/article/368262-do-microwave-ovens-destroy-food-nutrients/

According to Harvard Health Publications, certain nutrients, such as vitamin C, will break down when exposed to heat, regardless of whether you cook using a microwave or through more conventional methods. However, because microwaves cook foods quicker, they may actually do a better job of preserving nutritional content that can be destroyed as a result of high heat exposure. Nutrients are also better preserved when minimal amounts of water are used during cooking. To further preserve the nutritional content of vegetables, Columbia University recommends not peeling the vegetables and using large pieces. Cover the foods so they steam during the cooking process, further reducing the cooking time.

Some vitamins are water-soluble, so they leach out during water cooking methods, such as boiling or poaching, including using water when cooking in a microwave. All the B vitamins and vitamin C are water-soluble. Many minerals in foods are found in the form of mineral salts, which are also water-soluble. Using minimal amounts of water or consuming the cooking liquid -- as in the case of soups, stews or gravies -- will ensure you get the full nutritional value of your foods.
>>
>>37370844
a microwave doesn't effect the nutrients in the food
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.