[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /fit/ I'm lifting on a budget and whey is the best value
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: whey.jpg (17 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
whey.jpg
17 KB, 600x600
sup /fit/
I'm lifting on a budget and whey is the best value when it comes to protein per dollar/euro but I have the choice between either buying 1 tub of casein and 1 tub of whey vs buying 2 tubs of whey. If I go the casein route I have to spend more though so basically my question is, is it worth it to buy both casein AND whey? Will drinking casein before sleep improve my protein synthesis (I know it's slow releasing protein but what is the benefit really?)
Also, has anybody tried pic related? It's the cheapest I could find but I'm worried it'll taste like shit. What would be the safest flavour to pick?

Thanks bro's
>>
>>37365900
i get all my stuff from here. chocolate smooth is a good one, not synthetic tasting or anything, but smells better than it tastes.
>>
>>37365900
bump (don't know how active this board is so sorry if I'm bumping too early)
>>
>>37365900
im no expert but unless you are a pro-bodybuilder you should just take regular whey protein,especially if you are on a budget
>>
>>37366483
This

There honestly isn't any need for any of the bullshit supps that the workout industry is constantly pushing.

All you'll ever need is the big 4
>Whey
>Multi
>Fish oils
>Creatine

In that order; and you can do without the bottom two iirc
>>
>>37365900
Just find the biggest fucking cheapest bag of protein you can get your hands on.
>>
>>37366483
>>37366509
>>37366522

Oh okay, awesome, guess I'll just go for the whey then, thanks
One more question though pls, I've been looking for a good multivitamin+minerals but most brands intended for lifters only have like 20 percent of the rda for zinc or magnesium for example. I have a shit diet (poor as fuck) so I'm pretty sure I'm not getting the other 80 percent from my diet. Is there any cheap brand that has more than 100 percent (or at least very close) of the rda for all vitamins and minerals?
>>
>>37366550
idk i just buy gncs sport one and it says it has 167% zinc, desu ive heard about how multi's are shams and what not makes me pee neon color so i take it for that reason only
>>
File: MaslowsHierarchyOfNeeds.svg.png (103 KB, 2000x1414) Image search: [Google]
MaslowsHierarchyOfNeeds.svg.png
103 KB, 2000x1414
>>37366550
Sounds like you need to get your shit in order first there brother
>>
>>37366574
Multi's are shams lmao?

I bet you think iodized salt is useless as well.
>>
Honestly don't need this much protein. 1g per lb of bodyweight is bullshit.
>>
scooby answered it best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETiUDCFzYt8

the ones he lists are cheap too
>>
>>37366621
It's 1g per kg of body weight you fuckwit
>>
>>37366631
Scooby's calculator was probably one of the best things I had ever run across in my early days of cutting.

>brb sk8 board squats
>>
Only answer
>>
>>37366644
I doubt that a majority of /fit/ users can justify that even. That is for serious athletes only, most would be fine with around .8g per kg of bodyweight. So a 200lbs average fit user would only need about 72 grams of protein.
>>
>>37365900
Get choc smooth senpai
>>
>>37365900
I got that stuff unflavoured. Tastes nasty.
>>
>>37366509
>creatine not at first place
oh oh
>>
Don't get impact myprotein; they are regular shills on this board and you will regret the desicion when you taste it.
I came to this thread thinking it was another shill post.
>>
>>37367671
youre supposed to flavor it m8

i put 40g of whey, 10 grams of raw cocoa and 20 grams of honey. it would actually be cheaper to buy flavoured but at least you can change the flavor yourself if you get bored.

but the best option is to buy two flavors and alternate them when you get fed up with the other
>>
>>37367783
as a not shill ive had toffee banana chocolate smooth and english toffee and they have all tasted just fine, i have some vanilla impact blend coming in the mail that ive heard tastes good. hope that helps
>>
>>37367829
I did flavour it but you could still taste it a bit.
>>
>>37365900
Buy whey, casein is a meme

Im a biochemist btw
>>
>>37366509
i'd rather take only creatine than those 3 all together
>>
>>37366807
0.8g / kg is the RDA. Which is for basically SEDENTARY adults eating 2k kcal.
If you do any sports at all, have commute or a job that involves more than sitting, 0.8g is low.
>>
>>37367840
i tried natural vanilla on my first order. Tastes like icecream, so maybe over the top for some but i like it kek.
Never have sweets been so good for me.
>>
File: 76785722.jpg (32 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
76785722.jpg
32 KB, 680x453
>>37366509
>no zma or d3 vitamins
>>
>>37365900
If you can buy magerquark. Has even better protein/euro ratio and a lot of casein.
>>
>>37365900
Nigga just get 5k of Hurricane and drink it 3 times a day.
>>
File: 1463680841200.webm (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1463680841200.webm
2 MB, 480x360
>>37365900
Cinnamon Roll: Really tasty mixed in almond milk and cold oats. Not very versatile.
Raspberry: Makes very nice smoothies. Tastes actually good.
Strawberry Cream: Absolute shit. Ordering this was a huge mistake. I'm not going to finish this 5 kg bag.
>>
>>37368891
MP FLAVOUR THREAD GO:

White Chocolate: absolute trash, tastes like faint vanilla. 2/10

Chocolate Smooth: Pretty good, stuff. 8/10

Strawberry Jam Roly Poly: Good day-to-day flavour, taste slike strawberry with a bit of vanilla dough. Only order if you can stand artificial strawberry flavour. 9/10 for me.

Cookies and Cream: Absolute trash. If your cookies taste like this, off yourself. Close to unbearable. 3/10.

Strawberry Smooth: Good staple. Gets boring fast. 7.5/10.

Banana: Also a good staple, gets boring even faster than strawberry though. 7/10.

Cinnamon Danish: Very nice, if you like cinnamon this is your jam. Shit in water though. 8/10.

I ordered Chocolat Peanut Butter and Natural Strawberry, what am I in for, guys?
>>
>>37366807
RDA's are the lowest you should me consuming not guidelines for athletes, serious or not. On top of that protein quality varies wildly based on source. You dont know shit and should refrain from giving out advice you fucking dimwit.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.