[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carb appreciation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
>always tired and hungry
>one day end up eating more carbs than usual at breakfast
>boundless energy all day
I don't know why I ate so much fat/protein. I'm going to hit 0.9g/lb protein, 0.45g/lb fat, and a shittonne of carbs. I suggest you try it too. You won't get diabetes if you keep them clean
>>
>>37363306
Carbs are actually a great source of long-term energy if they're complex, like whole wheat.

Refined carbs and simple carbs are absolute trash tier, though.

I usually keep about a 4 to 1 ratio with my meals throughout the day, with the 4 being fruits, vegetables, and carbs, and the 1 ratio being lean protein.
The energy I have is absolutely insane, and definitely helps with keeping healthy.
>>
>>37363344
>refined carbs are trash
Don't need to tell me, absolutely 0 refined grains or added sugars in my diet
The 'worst' carbs I eat are fruit and baked potatoes
>>
>>37363423
Fruits aren't exactly unhealthy depending on what fruits you eat.
Main fruit in my diet is really just bananas and whole kiwis (Skin on kiwi is really good for you).
Mango is wonderful too, as it's loaded with vitamins and potassium. I'd say, from a personal opinion, that mango is similar to broccoli, with both being extremely healthy in their respective categories.
>>
>>37363306
I eat fuckloads of carbs too. Mostly oats, brown rice, fruit and sweet or regular potatoes.

I do heaps of cardio (running, boxing, cycling and swimming) so if I don't just bulk on carbs I lose weight instantly.
>>
File: fat-man-eating-pasta-17962637.jpg (106 KB, 1300x953) Image search: [Google]
fat-man-eating-pasta-17962637.jpg
106 KB, 1300x953
>that feeling when you become fat adapted after years of being a sugar-burner
Enjoy your fake 'energy'
>>
Being a poorfag, I eat 200 grams of oats with milk and jam three times a day. It brings me up to 3000cals. And I must say I have alot of fucking energy. Getting fucking tired of the taste, tho.

No wonder woodcutters mixed in oats in the horse's water when they were out working in the days of yore.
>>
File: 152048-466x400-yam1.jpg (27 KB, 466x400) Image search: [Google]
152048-466x400-yam1.jpg
27 KB, 466x400
Yams motherfucker!
>>
>>37363686

what are you even talking about?
>>
im doing keto and my energy comes from fat, a little butter, some bacon or avacado at breakfast and i wouldn't feel hungry to eat until 7pm (i still eat lunch tho, just keto things)

plus i feel full, even on a calorie defecit, whereas i know if i was eating carbs i would be more proned to cheating.

Plus it limits so much of what I can eat, now im never tempted to have cheat foods because i know they'll knock me out of keto and its not worth it.

Plus on a calorie deficit, im losing weight + keto, im losing EXTRA fat for free. wow
>>
>>37363702
>losing EXTRA fat
Maybe if you're cutting
Carbs are less readily stored as fat and so are much better for bulking/maintaining
>>
>>37363306
>always tired and hungry
That's because you eat carbs in the first place

>boundless energy all day
As long as you keep your insulin high by eating a pile of sugar every 30 minutes LOL
>>
>>37363702
what about your health tho?
>>
File: 1.jpg (22 KB, 456x384) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
22 KB, 456x384
Carb is naturally number one source of energy in a human body, that's basics. Keto is kinda survival mode, very good when used temporally. U need good sources of both everyday tho.
>>
File: 1.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>37363702
>extra fat for free
Nope just water.
>>
>>37364007
this
>>
>>37363306
>>37363344
>>37363423
>You won't get diabetes if you keep them clean
>Refined carbs and simple carbs are absolute trash tier
>absolutely 0 refined grains or added sugars
>The 'worst' carbs I eat are fruit and baked potatoes
>Fruits aren't exactly unhealthy depending on what fruits you eat.
Please stop with the memes. All carbs are good for you and carbs and sugar certainly don't give you fucking diabetes. You're so close to having a reasonable understanding of nutrition, yet ketofags still managed to inject their nonsense into your mind unnoticed such that you still buy into the bullshit mythology of "good carbs" and "bad carbs", even going so far as to being scared of a fucking fruit, potato or piece of bread.
>>
>>37363306
wait, I tought carbs like wheat were bad?
who the fuck eats grains lads?

https://authoritynutrition.com/6-ways-wheat-can-destroy-your-health/

wheat and bread products spike your blood sugar levels higher than pure fucking sugar

> 2016
> still eating wheat
>>
>>37364462
AuthorityNutrition is a fatkins/payleo site. There is nothing wrong with blood sugar spikes. The "blood sugar spike" meme is the biggest fucking joke fatkins advocates every pulled on the general public.
>>
>>37364005
I eat every 4/4.5 hours. ~28g protein, ~9g fats per meal, rest are carbs from wholegrains, legumes, tubers and fruit
>>
>>37363481
>>37364410
I never meant to imply fruit and potatoes are bad, I was saying that they aren't as good for you as wholegrains and beans
Also I'd like you to back up your claim that refined grains and sugar is good for you
>>
>>37363702
you must get no pumps in the gym lmao.

Carbs and sodium all day for them good gains
>>
>>37363481
>Fruits aren't exactly unhealthy
They're not even close to unhealthy unless you're fucking freeleethebananagirl and eating 2000 calories worth of them a day.
>>
People don't realize how carbs are essential to breaking down fat for energy usage.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.