[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you enjoy exercise? Did you when you first started? Any tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1235359524280.jpg (91 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
1235359524280.jpg
91 KB, 1000x668
Do you enjoy exercise?
Did you when you first started?
Any tips on being able to enjoy it?
>>
>>37362807
You either do or you don't. If it were as easy as some formula or step-by-step process then there wouldn't be fatties and weaklings in the world. Exercise is HARD and HURTS and most people don't do it for those reasons. For those of us who do we see the benefits outweigh the difficulty and pain.
>>
>>37362807
just make the rest of your life so shitty, that the mixed rush of dopamines, adrenaline and pure testosterone becomes the only highlight of your week
>>
>>37362807
>Do you enjoy exercise?
yes
>Did you when you first started?
january of 2015
>Any tips on being able to enjoy it?
remind yourself of why you did it in the first place.
>>
File: 1435925469321.png (366 KB, 696x720) Image search: [Google]
1435925469321.png
366 KB, 696x720
You have to be enjoying yourself.

>Be in joy, in yourself.
>>
>at first i didnt really like it
>i nothingd it
>it was hard to stick to a schedule
>throughout 2-3 years, it was hard to keep to a good schedule
>been lifting for 5 years now
>its more than a habit at this point
>i genuinely enjoy lifting
>feel "bad" when i miss a workout which isnt that often
>i look great
>get compliments all the time
>>
>>37362844
as depressing as this sounds, this has been the best motivation. Doing a PPL routine just so i can lift almost every day. made awesome gains and its been worth it.
>>
>>37362939

Do many fatasses rock climb? It's basically the only physical activity I think I would enjoy but I don't want to be the only fatshit doing it.
>>
File: Wojak131.jpg (33 KB, 629x505) Image search: [Google]
Wojak131.jpg
33 KB, 629x505
I hate every moment of it. I've had this severe depressive for years that I cannot shake. I always feel like garbage.
>>
>>37362939
Now you're just asking to be bullied.
>>
I like it more when I'm doing it every day rather than a few times a week.

but mostly this >>37362844
It's basically a much healthier alternative to drinking your problems away.
>>
>>37363068
Well you have to be able to hold up your own weight so I would guess it's difficult for a fat weak person.
You could make it your goal I guess.
>>
Nope.
Nope.
Got nothing. I'm at a point in my life where the unenjoyable has been transpiring for so long that it's now the standard and it doesn't bother me.
>>
>>37362807
No, I hate it.

But I hate myself more so that's motivation.
>>
>>37362807
no but it's necessairy so....
>>
>>37363158
>this
had a season of rowing in which it dominated my life
i was exausted all the time but loved every moment of it
no im off season and only doing 2-3 days a week to try maintain fitness and strength and getting motivated is a fucktonne harder and actually working out is alot harder.
if you gon do it, DO IT
>>
I enjoy excersizing and i am surprised i do. Growing up a neckbeard i disliked the guys lifting for abs and girls and mever imagined myself at a gym.

My advice is if you dont like lifting then use a preworkout for a few months. Some people need that caffeine rush to kind of zone out and train and forget where they are
>>
I enjoy cardio. A good bike ride or a good run is the best thing ever. I would rather go for a bike ride than do just about anything else, except sex.

I don't really enjoy lifting. It's just something that I feel the urge to do, like sleeping.

You don't feel the urge when you start. When you start you have to make yourself do it by focusing on your goals, but it doesn't take long at all for it to become automatic.
>>
Yes.
Yes.
Find a way to make it fun. I like getting stronger and measuring strength progress. Some people like running, and they increase their time and distance. Some like rock climbing, martial arts, etc. Find something you can look forward to.
>>
>>37362807
Yes.
Yes.
5x5 makes you see constant progress, which I for one enjoy, but that only applies to beginners and maybe intermediate lifter if you're still young, otherwise you're fucked.
>>
>>37362807
You'll start enjoying it when you start making progress, being able to push more always feels good.

You will become addicted once you start to see actual gains piling on top of your body. Slowly they add up but one day you'll look at yourself and be proud.

In other words just keep lifting
>>
>>37362807
>Yes
>Yes

I don't know what you're talking about, lifting weights is euphoric. Not because of some phony grill's blessing. But, because I am enlightened by my own gains.
>>
The feelings when the lifts or run is over is my favorite, but it is very gratifying to warm up with what uses to be your max.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.