[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here personally had any success with a strictly bodyweight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (57 KB, 500x748) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
57 KB, 500x748
Has anyone here personally had any success with a strictly bodyweight routine?
>>
Me
>>
>>37362265
Too
>>
Yep
>>
>>37362259
Yes, i am having fun
>>
>>37362259
Yeah but it's no fun after a year
>>
Here is what you do, don't increase the number of how much you can do. Increase the intensity.

Make your push ups slower, wear something heavy, change up your form, etc.
>>
>>37362259
No. Fuck no. Hell no. Shit no.

The only people who get good results with such fuckery are the people who would have looked AMAZING had they actually done a proper strength training routine with free weights.
>>
>>37362665
Spotted the fatty that cannot into a single pull up
>>
>went to county jail for 4 months
>scared little pussy first 2 months
>spent 2 months straight doing good amounts (350+) of push-ups, pull-ups, and dips on one day, squats, lunges, and calves on another day
>always increasing difficulty, making them painfully slow, never missing a workout
Went from the guy everybody made fun of to old timers saying that if there was an award for most improved detainee I would've won it.

Which was a massive ego boost at the time but looking back on it now I realized I gained 20lbs in 2 months and that I happened to gain the fat in places that made me look built.
Looking back, basically everybody in that whole jail was like that, either maintaining what actual gains they had made on the outside or creating the illusion of fitness through bulking or cutting.

And the only reason everyone was doing body weight shit was because the warden took away everything except for the pull-up bars, the dip bars, and the exercise bikes after some idiot smashed another guy's head open with a plate.
>>
>>37362698
The food must be pretty decent then.
>>
>>37362715
Eh, it was on some days, other days were just vomit inducing. Basically if you had people looking out for you on the outside or you had a hustle the idea was to eat the bare minimum of jail food except on days where there was a good amount of protein, then around 8-11pm, take ramen, rice, chili, squeeze nacho cheese, maybe some vegetables saved from the day's meals, and then tuna or whatever pouch meat we had, then cook it in garbage bags using some weirdly ingenious "double boiler" systems using hot water, then chow down. Nearly all of that was purchased from the canteen, hence why you needed outside help or to work for it.

It was actually a pretty good setup - great amounts of protein and it tasted damn good in a weird way but the sodium was heart attack inducing and I wouldn't call it healthy by any means. It's like those threads you see on /ck/ sometimes where somebody combines like 50 kinds of junk food into one glorious mess.

If you couldn't afford canteen and we're trying to get fit, you became a "state food assassin" which meant begging everyone for scraps of jail food so you could sate yourself on awful-tasting but decently nutritious food.

One of the fitter guys told me the next county over only did 1600kcal per day for jail food only, if you only ate your own meals. I think ours was like 1800-2000 depending on the day.

It became a running joke to give all potatoes to Russia, a fat, toothless junkie from somewhere in the USSR, who was probably ex-KGB, had a fetish for midgets with "regular sized hands," and once accidentally committed necrophilia. He got so goddamn fat but he was hilarious.
>>
>>37362698
Holy shit this sounds like a federal prison not a jail. What the fuck did you even do OP?
>>
>>37362869
>and once accidentally committed necrophilia

Story.
>>
>>37362698
What were you in for, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>37362884
Nothing even that bad, just solicited a male prostitute that just happened to be a cop.
>>
>>37362896
Guy look like this?
>>
>>37362884
>>37362895
Assault with a deadly weapon. Severe mental illness, tried to strangle somebody with a scarf while vividly hallucinating the goddess Kali. Better now.

Phone is fucked up so I can't respond to other guy, but people who had served time in max security prisons said our jail was very similar except without television, stabbings, or rape. If you were in a dorm (and I was) you had it made, but in the pods (cells) you were locked down 23 hours a day. Only explanation I ever heard was the warden was paranoid as fuck.

>>37362892
Pretty simple honestly:
>Russia is massive junkie, loves fucking hookers
>decides to share his heroin (in this state, so obviously cut to hell and back with fentanyl) with a hooker in exchange for sex
>they both get SUPER fucked up
>hooker starts overdosing while he's fucking her
>he's nodding so hard he literally doesn't notice, passes out on top of her midway
>wakes up on top of a corpse
But Russia despite looking and acting like a Russian orctroll, was probably one of the smartest people I've ever met. There were moments where his facade of endearing weirdness and stupidity faded and you could just tell he was playing everyone around him like a fiddle. Some kind of junkie degenerate genius, he once sketched out plans for a nuclear warhead - between some exmilitary and people who knew a good deal about physics, we were able to confirm his little diagram was scary accurate.
>>
>>37363009
Post your prison routine Bronson. Enlighten us pussies in the ways of the bodyweight.
>>
>>37363041
>do everything slow as fuck and with full RoM, whenever applicable
>NEVER skip a day because you are mentally ill and trapped in a box with murderers and the voices will get out of hand if you ever stop
Day A:
350-450 push-ups, constantly alternating between different forms to alleviate boredom/push myself harder - regular, wide, Mike Tyson, diamonds, 1-hand, assisted handstand, etc.
350-400 dips - didn't know about different forms of dips at the time so I just did regular every time, but obviously try to make it harder
>pull-ups 50-150 was never great at these, but same as before, constantly alternate
>if the COs don't notice, fill a trash bag with water and lift it like a barbell taking turns with that one Egyptian bodybuilder who beats up hookers
>if they do, go do more push-ups with Julio or go do some laundry for Irish Whites or go lift the exercise bike
Day B:
>same rules as before
>do calf raises (I think?) and body weight squats the entire time through both rec periods or do lunges around the rec yard until you can't feel your legs
>occasionally barefoot run around the courtyard until you burn off the bottoms of your feet because you're on hot asphalt in summer and the ground is practically covered in AIDS, you dense motherfucker
On both days:
>600+ crunches
>play D&D and eat mixes x meds kick in and knock you out
>try not to kill self or others x freedom

The gist of it. I was pretty weak compared to some of the other guys there - the only thing I had going for me was consistency and form. Other dudes would show up once a week to the yard and bust out 600 good form push-ups but only on that day. My mentor for working out was an ex Army Ranger who was Scooby tier (50+, natty, and built like a brick house) who claimed to have over 70 assault charges and worked out harder than anyone there, smashed the records for daily totals of x exercise on everything.

Again, it's not great but if you're ever in jail...
>>
>>37363212
How long have you been out?
Still on this routine?
Mind posting your body?
>>
>>37363212

>doing less than 1000 pushups

you won't make it like that

remember:
1000 pushups
1000 squats
1000 situps
100 miles running
every.single.day
>>
Mix both and add weight to bodyweight exercises when you're ready. Wow, dat woz diffikult nigr!
>>
>>37362259
No
>>
>>37364311

thanks for sharing your wisdom anon :) x
>>
>>37362259
hating on bodyweight routines has become a meme too.

bodyweight routines can help you make some progress, but only as a complete beginner and eventually you'll hit a wall.

the intensity is simply not enough. when you get to the point where your own bodyweight isn't pushing your body enough, your progress begins to wind down.

sure, you can do variations (clapping pushups instead of regular, plates on your back) and that can help you keep the progress going for a while longer, but there's no reason not to just switch to weightlifting if there's a gym nearby.
>>
>>37362608
>wear something heavy,

> using weight
> in a body weight routine

Fraud detected.
>>
>>37365112
> plates on your back
That wouldn't be bodyweight now would it...
>>
>>37362265
>>37362306
>>37362379
>>37362410
>>37362599
>>37362608
>>37362698
Post results pls
>>37362884
>OP
>>
>>37365112
it depends on your goals. Im sorry but theres a lot more to bodyweight training that you obviously don't understand how to approach it's not push ups and pull ups. BUT if your goal is only to look good bodyweight training will not be the most efficient by itself. If your aim is health, performance and mobilty with aesthetics as a nice side-effect then bodyweight is awesome.
>>
File: one-arm-one-leg-pushup.jpg (23 KB, 414x300) Image search: [Google]
one-arm-one-leg-pushup.jpg
23 KB, 414x300
>>37365112
You can shit ton of intensity with bodyweight exercises

here is an example
>incline one arm push up
>one arm push up
>decline one arm push up
>perfect form one arm push up
>one arm and one leg push up
>>
>>37362896

bullshit you don't go to jail for 4 months for picking up a prostitute. you spend the night you get busted there, go to court once, and get a fine and probation. also,

>implying a guy who likes to get punched in the ass wouldn't look forward to jail
>>
File: kESolCA.jpg (383 KB, 1564x1564) Image search: [Google]
kESolCA.jpg
383 KB, 1564x1564
This guy sure has
>>
>>37365436

That... that wasn't his real response.
>>
>>37365445

He got a name or routine?
>>
>>37365458

Eerowest apparently
>>
>>37362259
Great pic op find it certainly unattainable.
>>
>>37365445
He uses weights too.
T. Know him irl
>>
>>37362259
as jail anon said, lots of pushups, dips, and cardio stuff

if u want more intensity its not difficult to adjust your position to better take advantage of ur own weight. feet higher up than chest during pushups, etc. take a highschool physics class

this kind of training is more about wind than anything which all else equal the guy with more wind is more likeky to win. thats why jail dudes are so cut despite all the carbs. lotsa cardio. its about endurance

as a side note jail style training works well if ur homeless. tons of stuff to dip or pull up on. plenty of walkimg n running too
>>
File: 1388862646681.gif (2 MB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1388862646681.gif
2 MB, 375x375
>>37362259
Holy crap. Wouldya look at the shitter on her.
>>
I did for about 6 months. Didnt see huge gains but my diet wasnt good. I lost a bit of weight and got a tan because i did it on my back porch every day, so i looked nicer. Made more gains doing weights in the last 3 months than 6 months doing bodyweight. It defo will make you feel healthier though, if your starting from sedentary.
>>
>>37363009
>(in this state, so obviously cut to hell and back with fentanyl)
what state? ohio?
>>
>>37365616
>shitter
>not turd cutter
>not poop vagina
3/10 imagination, see me after class
>>
>>37365656
>shit routine
>bad diet

no wonder yuo didint make any gains lel
>>
>>37365730
I know lol. My mindset was "well in doing loads more than i was previously so im bound to improve regardless" which is true in a sense but, niw that I've optimized everything i see how much mire i coukd have had by now. I dont regret it though.
>>
I'm doing bodyweight exercises with a weighted vest. I have the advantages of both worlds (training at home and easy progress). At the moment I'm doing only pullups, rows (both with gymnastic rings), handstand pushups and regular pushups.
I don't know where the difference to a classic workout should be. Doing pushups with added weight is way better in my opinion than benchpress, für example.
I do not train legs thought. It's easy with weighted stepups or other one leg exercises but I just don't care. They are still trained from the years I hit the gym.
>>
>>37362259
Not (yet?). Small tiny changes and same size. But I didn't change my diet at all, it time to discipline myself.
+ pain gainz
>>
>>37362259
I posted on a few of this bodyweight threads before, my personal experience is that i gained amazing muscle in no time without moving from my room, went from 58kg 170cm with no abs and skinny arms/chest to 72kg 173cm more lean, i can do one arm pushups/one arm pullups and last time i tried i could do the human flag, my only equipement being only one pullup bar in the wall and the floor, the thing is i only increased the reps, in one year i stopped growing at all and i gradually lost motivation to the point i no longer enjoy working out, my problem is that i'm to strict to let myself do anything aside from reps/sets and so far i couldn't find a good bodyweight/calisthenics routine, what can i do /fit/?
>>
File: ross_enamait.jpg (14 KB, 180x240) Image search: [Google]
ross_enamait.jpg
14 KB, 180x240
Body weight guys tend to be lean and shredded rather than massive. Pic related.
>>
>>37362259
Did it for 6 months before I got a gym card. The results were pretty much what you would expect from a bodyweight routine. Take it from me you'll grow much faster by going to the gym. Atleast I learned how to stand on my hands which is pretty cool.
>>
>>37365511
>He knows this girl
>She's in his class

Come on dude, you're better than this.
>>
>>37362259
I managed to mostly maintain my strength with a routine of one handed push ups, pistol squats handstand push ups and pull ups variations.
I did not manage any progress but i used to sleep 4 hours a night that time so it's no surprise.
note that the strength i maintained, I earned using heavy ass weights.
>>
>>37362869
Eh, it was on some days, other days were just vomit inducing. Basically if you had people looking out for you on the outside or you had a hustle the idea was to eat the bare minimum of jail food except on days where there was a good amount of protein, then around 8-11pm, take ramen, rice, chili, squeeze nacho cheese, maybe some vegetables saved from the day's meals, and then tuna or whatever pouch meat we had, then cook it in garbage bags using some weirdly ingenious "double boiler" systems using hot water, then chow down. Nearly all of that was purchased from the canteen, hence why you needed outside help or to work for it.

Its called "Smash" nationaly
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.