[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jason Blaha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: Jason Blahahahaha.jpg (152 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Jason Blahahahaha.jpg
152 KB, 1920x1080
>Did 1 rep max yesterday of 265lb, natty.
>Came home and was bored and was wondering what was considered a good bench press
>Come across this article
http://nattyornot.com/is-a-225lbs-bench-press-good-for-a-natural/
>2 years old, but read it.
>Author says everyone benching more than 225lb is either using shit form, or roiding
>Says that you have to touch chest, and bounce at all for it to count.
>Half the comments are from Jason Blaha
>Can't find author's name
>Author has written a book, description is weird as fuck.

Sorry in advance if this article has been posted before, but what the fuck.
>
>>
Jason Blaha reeeally pissin me off in that comment section
>>
I like nattyornot. The guy writes good articles and I think most of what he says is pretty true, but this one is pretty dumb. 2pl8 is a pretty standard bench.
>>
That entire site is rubbish. They either call out people who are extremely obvious (e.g Mike O'hearn) or they use the /fit/ litmus test.

> is he stronger and bigger than I am?
> if yes
Steroids
> if no
Probable.
>>
>>37359666
Disregard that, I just read the article and it's good.
>>
Im 155 and hardly even workout and wouldnt know where to get a steroid no matter how hard i tried and was bench max is 275 i go about a inch from my chest though not all the way down

Am i supposed to let it rest on my chest before pushing
>>
>>37359696
Disregard that, I just had my 5th gay experience and am a confirmed faggot
>>
>>37359723
I always stop about an inch to two above my chest whenever I do working weight or maxes. I only touch my chest with light warm up weights.

My rotator cuffs start to hurt if I touch my chest. I'm a thinner guy than my friend and he touches his chest but he's fatter than me. We still end up with the same ROM.

If I extend my arms back like in a benching motion while standing, I can see that I can't pull my arms back to where a bar would touch my chest without it being uncomfortable. I don't think you really do need to touch your chest.
>>
>>37359791

Holy fuck this, I've been going to 90 and maybe a bit lower on some. Touching chest is causing my shoulder (specifically right) to flare inward due to angle. If I go wider it immediately weakens my bench and my form is close to perfect minus that.

What do?
>>
>>37359811
I do a bit of a wide grip I think, but even if I narrow the grip I still have the same issue. I've heard and read a lot that as long as you can make a 90 degree angle with your elbows then you're fine.
>>
How does being fat have a big impact on bench press?
>>
>started lifting but fucked around and mostly ate at maintenance for a year, hated doing bench and regularly skipped it
>still got to 2pl8 1RM at 6'0 90kg, know for a fact my form is perfect
>don't consider this to be at all impressive considering it could be much higher if i'd actually had a good diet and followed a routine
>apparently bloho says this should not be possible natty

kek this retard deserves all the abuse he gets
>>
>>37359842
Large layer of fat on your chest means you have a smaller ROM, but you'd have to have massive bitch tits or a barrel chest before that becomes the case, or maybe it's seen that if you're fat you're not working on a deficit and so you have more energy.
>>
I'm natural and my max is 335. I haven't been able to move it in about two years at a body weight of 215 at 6'0" height

I could probably push it up higher if I put on more weight, but I'd rather have aesthetics than higher numbers that still are not that impressive (by /fit/ standards).

I don't think it would be possible for me to get to or over 400lbs without being a huge fatass or being on gear.

Most of the people at my gym can't do 225 with proper form at all.

>>37359680

Blahautism writes most of the articles on the site.

The sour grapes and favoritism is too blatant.

Anyone that has been lifting for more than 5 years knows who is and isn't natural. Even if they're not overly jacked or shredded, you can tell through subtle things, such as their attitude and training style.
>>
>>37359961
I've seen 2 natties lift 400lb at my gym, one was older than me and my friend and I talked to him, he told us he trained 8 years before he got to that point. The other dude was a old, fat powerlifter that did it using powerlifting form. He could rep 355 with flat form though.
>>
>>37359723
doesn't count
>>
~3.5 billion men on this planet. when you have such a huge population, you're going to see some genetic freaks of nature that can have the genetic makeup to put them into the top .000001% in regards to mass attainable without using steroids
>>
>Jason Blaha

>The reality is a 34 year old would have a hard time making any strength progress naturally due to older age. A 25 year old would struggle to ever bench over 225 naturally and with good form.

There's no way this is serious, right?

He's doing more of that "trolling" as he calls it, where he just spouts off retarded fucking opinions and thinks he's funny because people respond.
>>
>>37360053
m8 u talking shit about my boy hemingway watch where u sleep
>>
What about this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg
>>
225 should be viewed as the start of the journey and the ability to rep out with 225 is cause for a little celebration as long as it it understood that this is the beginning and not the end. There is no reason why any reasonably healthy male should not be able to at least 1RM 225 naturally unless his is injured, deformed or just a kind of sissy twink.

3 plates and you are commercial gym strong. Nice, but again, you are closer to the starting line than the finish.

4 plates - this is where strong starts.

5 plates - get here and if you get no further you can still be proud

etc.

But needing roids for 2 plates? Come now.
>>
>>37359811
>going parallel to the floor

A floor press is not a bench press. Work on your form, press the bar lower on your chest.
>>
File: 0221 - TI44O9i.png (497 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
0221 - TI44O9i.png
497 KB, 500x485
you have to realize that jason isn't mentally stable. In his mind, he's literally the perfect male specimen.

Imagine waking up tomorrow and in your mind, everything about you is 100% perfect and every single male on the planet is inferior. If a professional athlete were to talk to you, immediately you would assume you could fight him and take him to the ground with minimal effort. If you see a huge bodybuuilder, you would immediately think that you have more muscle than him and you're merely a higher body fat percentage to protect your testosterone levels. If you saw a female model walk by, you would look at your pink haired, lesbian looking chewbaca girlfriend and think she's 100x hotter than the female model.

And if for some odd reason anyone ever physically confronted you, you would immediately shoot them in their face and the cops would give you a medal. All of this while lifting mediocre weights that are the absolute maximum that anyone can lift. If for some reason a man can lift more than you, you would just threaten to kill him and instantly revert back to the fact that you're stronger than him and you could do everything he can do, but 100 times better.

That's what it's like to be Jason "Hemingway" Blaha.
>>
>>37360185
>4 plates - this is where strong starts.
>starts
from a powerlifting context, yes, but powerlifters are the highest bench pressers in the world. you can call yourself strong well before this. a 4 plate bench is probably only doable by 1 in like 10 million adult men.
>>
This article is talking about a flat bench, not an IPF-approved bench. 225 seems a pretty reasonable number for a natty near their limit to rep out when lean considering you're expected to not arch at all.
>>
Most gym rats will never touch a 225 bench press without a huge bounce and help from a spotter.

This is reality.

>But I know a guy
>But I could bench 225 (not to my chest, of course, that's for fags)
>But etc.

A 225 bench press isn't world class, but it is rare in the gym.
>>
So those of you who don’t believe any of this, that’s okay I really don’t give a fuck. I’m still telling my story. This is what it is and if you don’t believe me fuck you go fuck yourself I don’t care. For all these guys who are veterans who are standing there still screaming about your valor, stolen valor, after what i just told you that that sounds like i am stealing any of your valor, you know what? Fuck you kid. And go fuck yourself I don’t really care what you think. But i will tell you this. If you decide that you’re going to come confront me physically about it you better not be a fucking POG. You better be a stone cold killer. If you come at me aggressively voice raised negative body language as someone who I know is a trained killer. Because i don’t flinch anymore when I hear a rifle round come by my head. When I hear that whoop and that snap or that sonic boom. I haven’t flinched in 20 years from that shit. I got over that a long time ago. So if you come at me I want you to know son, it’s not gonna be me who goes in the ground. I’m still here. I’m still upright and drawing air.
>>
>>37360185
This.

My bench is 335 and my squat is 460, but in no way do I feel that I am that "strong" considering it doesn't REALLY take that much effort to get here
>>
>>37360398
A lot of guys in my gym can do it.

Maybe it depends on where you work out.
>>
>>37360510
>A lot of guys in my gym can do it.
Define "a lot".

Is your gym a powerlfting/strongman/bodybuilding gym, or is it a chain gym?

Also, are those 225 bench presses being performed to the chest, no bounce?
>>
File: 1439603425401.png (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1439603425401.png
7 KB, 400x400
When I bench press, my elbows go a bit lower than 90 degrees.

It's still like 2-3 inches from my chest.

Is that low enough?
>>
>>37360618
I go to LA Fitness
Like 2-3 guys on the bench while I'm there every day I'm there.

Half do the to the chest, the other half stop an inch or two (like me).
>>
>>37359842
Its a meme that lanklets use to compensate for their weak bench numbers compared to fatties.
>>
>>37360647
So one guy can bench 225 in your entire gym.

Sounds about right.
>>
File: alltoeasy.jpg (106 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
alltoeasy.jpg
106 KB, 1920x1080
>>37360459
how do you pronounce POG and what does it stand from brobeans?
>>
>>37359811
>>37359791
>>37359723
Then whatever you guys think is your max, it's not your max. You aren't doing a complete rep by any federation or legitimate trainer's standards.

Fix your form. Try retracting your shoulder blades. I see a lot of guys who claim they are too skinny to touch chest have shit form and claim it's because of how skinny they are, yet I am invariably skinnier.

Retract your shoulder blades, adjust your grip width, don't excessively flare your elbows.
>>
File: 1452656084059.jpg (62 KB, 454x542) Image search: [Google]
1452656084059.jpg
62 KB, 454x542
>>37360231
thats our boy Hemingway
Hunter of Men
>>
>>37360618
I work out in the middle of a metropolitan area, DC in fact, and about half a dozen of us can do 225 for reps, no bounce, touch-and-go chest. I used to work right outside Philly, and there were far more big guys there that would put that kind of bench to shame. Before that I was in Jersey, so of course it was filled with bench bros.

It's really not that hard. It's not even my best lift. Out of all the dudes that do 225 for reps (and I don't count anyone who doesn't touch chest among us), I'm easily the weakest as I can only do sets of 5. The other guys go pretty nuts with sets of 8 or even 10.
>>
>>37360700
I'm fine with it to be honest. My shoulder hurts if I go too far back. I still have a good chest workout, and I still make good gains.

I don't talk about my stats to people, and if some guy wants to run over and try telling me that my max doesn't count because I didn't go down that last inch touch the chest then I'll just smile and nod, it's not worth hurting myself over. I do use proper form, my shoulder joints start to hurt if I touch the chest.
>>
Lissen bro, lemme splain somethin. Im big youtoob celery hunter cia agent killer man i start riot like baltimore!!! They know me I am Sith Lord Bleha, dark force user and christian guma cum guzzler ! I shoot it in floot he shoot it in me, power of dark side !
>>
>>37360618
I go to several 24 hour fitness gyms in the Bay Area both at 5am and in the afternoons. I have seen chest-touching reps with 2pl8s. They're not as common as all the retardation you see in the gym but they exist. Of all the three times I've been at 24hf in SoCal, I've seen more than one guy doing 2pl8s (or more) touching chest with no bounce.

You have to get out more, anon.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.