[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anything wrong with widestanced squats? going shoulder width
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: PoHGtVb.jpg (474 KB, 1192x1180) Image search: [Google]
PoHGtVb.jpg
474 KB, 1192x1180
anything wrong with widestanced squats?

going shoulder width makes it impossible for me to get to parallel, but I'm afraid that the decrease in ROM with a wider stance would be detrimental
>>
>>37359518

Will you still be squatting to at least parallel?
>>
Sumo Squats are gr8 m8
>>
>>37359528
yea of course, I can hit the proper depth super easily with a wider stance
>>
File: Oreo-Icebox-cake-cut-33c.jpg (106 KB, 700x875) Image search: [Google]
Oreo-Icebox-cake-cut-33c.jpg
106 KB, 700x875
BREHS
>>
If you progress and like it then why not? Its better than doing 0 leg exercise, heck once a week squats is all you need if you're that lazy
>>
>>37359518
>>37360152

GO TO HELL! I'M ON A CUT!
>>
>>37359518
You should be a touch wider than shoulder width, not exactly shoulder width dude. You are doing the right thing. How wide is your stance though?
>>
>>37359518
Not to hijack OPs thread but how wide should my knees go? I always feel like im squatting too wide when it comes to my knees
>>
>>37360152
that's the most time consuming and shittiest cake i've ever once made.
>>
>>37359518

> Hmm, this cookie isn't sweet enough, I'd better top it with cookies.

See, this is why we can't have nice things.
>>
File: strawberry cheesecake.jpg (155 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
strawberry cheesecake.jpg
155 KB, 1280x800
>>37362018
back to /9fag/
>>
I think the best stance is the one that allows you to have the most upright spine. Also, feet should stay on the ground. Everything else is irrelevant.
>>
File: 240kg squat WI Open.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
240kg squat WI Open.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>37359518
it's just a personal preference thing family.
I used to be hella wide stance, then I was pretty narrow (webm related), now I'm still narrow, but a bit wider to help with the outsides of my heels coming up (can kind of see it here)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.