[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much time (months and years) takes to note significant changes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
How much time (months and years) takes to note significant changes on your body?
>>
Over 5 years
>>
>>37356418
Fuck, i'm going half a year
>>
subtle changes can occur in less than a month (ie, you, naked, in a mirror)

Friends/coworkers/costudents will notice changes in less than 6 months

As for what qualifies as "significant" you'll need to be more specific.
>>
5 days
>>
I didn't start to see real physical changes until about 3 months in. Once you get your diet in check they happen much quicker.
>>
>>37356405
Depends by what you mean by "significant" changes.

Also, are you talking about for you to notice changes? For others? For friends/family?

For you it'll take about a month / two months to notice "changes," but they won't be significant
For friends/family it'll take about 6 months
Strangers/people you just met probably won't comment on your size for at least a year

But in all of these cases that's just for noticing any changes at all, not really "significant" changes since that's all relative.
>>
With steroids, proper diet and doing consistent/hard work in the gym, probably 1-3 months depending on genetics and what you looked like going in.

Natty, probably 3-5 months.

Half assing it in the gym and having a shit diet? I see people who've been working out for years and years who look the same as they did when they first started.
>>
>>37356405
Depends on your definition of significant changes.
>>
>>37356442
>Friends/coworkers/costudents will notice changes in less than 6 months

yes, my friends always tell me that i'm way less fat than i was before and they notice that in my face and body

but when i look myself into the mirror i always see myself just like before
>>
>>37356405
29 days, dropped 20 kg
fucking huge difference
>>
>>37356464
>>37356483
well i meant getting abs and tonified chest
>>
File: 1329599671399.jpg (190 KB, 1090x887) Image search: [Google]
1329599671399.jpg
190 KB, 1090x887
>>37356484
ouch. Body dysmorphia is a bitch.

You can always do stuff like take pictures of yourself at intervals to show the difference, or do stuff like objective measurements with a tape measure to track progress.
>>
>you
4 weeks
>close people
8 weeks
>everyone else
12 weeks

Give it 3 months
>>
>>37356511
depends entirely on your current state. Are you a skeleton, skinny fat, chubby, etc?
>>
>>37356405
About 4 weeks for you to notice slight changes, 8 for other to notice.

About 4 months for you and everyone to notice significant changes.
>>
>>37356550
i'll do that, thanks

>>37356569
skinny fat tho i was chubby before i started the gym, or that's what most people i know says
>>
>>37356511
>well i meant getting abs and tonified chest
Like super ripped? 1 year of hard lifting and consistent diet will get you pretty close.

You gotta stay focused though, no wavering.
>>
>>37356511
I think it really depends on genetics on how fast you will see change. I am stronger than most of my friends but I look smaller and weaker. I also started puberty later than them so maybe it will change in a year or so.
>>
>>37356495
how
>>
>>37356748
i had only 300 to 600 kcal of vegetables and water for 29 days no salt or other stuff
>>
>>37356805
You're crazy nigga. Did you gain the weight right back afterwards?
>>
You'll change in as little as a month. You will never be able to note it, ever, because your crippling depression has etched the picture of the fat boy you used to be in the mirror.
>>
>>37358011
nope i increased slowly the kcal back eating normally now i'm 67 kg i was 105 (end of 2013) i'm planning to start bulk and switch to powerlift or strongman stuff
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.