[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would eating a bag of kale a day get me enough nutrience? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: two-heads-of-broccoli.jpg (40 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
two-heads-of-broccoli.jpg
40 KB, 700x466
Would eating a bag of kale a day get me enough nutrience?

How do I into vegetables?

What's the site for micronutrient counting?
>>
Vitamin A overdose and you would ruin your eyes.
>>
>>37356429
You can't overdose on beta-carotene which is the predominant provitamin A in kale. Any excess beta-carotene that is not needed by the body to be converted into active vitamin A is used as anti-oxidants.

>>37356234
As for the other nutrients, kale lacks the quantities of folate and magnesium compared to other leafy greens like spinach and collard greens; nonetheless, it is still a very good food to be consuming. I would use cronometer to track micronutrients.
>>
>>37357867
>cronometer
hey anon, should i switch to chronometer over myfitnesspal? how is their food library?
>>
>>37359638
if you eat simple "whole/natural" foods. you're fine. if you eat a lot of already prepared stuff it's a pain in the ass and you'll have to enter the food into the database. most of my diet is meat, butter or oil, a vegetable, and rice, oats or pasta, so it works out well for me.
>>
>>37356429

Kale doesn't have any vitamin A, it has beta-carotene
>>
>>37360330

Plant carotenoids are the primary dietary source of provitamin A worldwide
>>
File: vegetables-for-roasting.jpg (166 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
vegetables-for-roasting.jpg
166 KB, 650x433
>>37356234
drizzle vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper. roast in the oven until they're a little burnt looking.

fuck rice with steamed vegetables. pair this with a pan seared chicken breast and you're golden.
>>
>>37356234

But who was multivitamins?
>>
>nutrience

if you only get one vegetable a day, make sure it's green, and eat a big fucking plate of it.
broccoli or cabbage are best. boil the broccoli or put it in dishes. cabbage can go in dishes or be eaten raw (but it'll to hard to eat that much raw'.
I dunno about kale but spinach can be made into a smoothie. Blend a bag of spinach, some water and a handful of strawberries first thing in the morning. Just gulp it down, as medicine. Good shit.

Maybe green peas also work? Either add to dish or boil and have a bowl of it on the side for dinner.

Cronometer is best site. Android app which syncs with website account is nice and cheap.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.