[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ab General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
Sup /fit/
I am moderately happy with almost all of my body. But despite my controlled diet, I just can't fucking get rid of this gut.
The only ab/core exercise I do that don't make me wish to die is wood chops, and they're fucking wood chops.
I try sit ups, leg extensions, hanging leg ups, but they all make me feel awful and I hate the fact that I need to rep that shit for so long to get anything out of it.
Are there ANY decent core/ab workouts that is weighted, not horrible, and works?

tl;dr ab/core workouts that don't lead to suicide.
>>
read the fkin sticky
>>
>>37352898

Weighted decline crunches.
>>
>>37352898
weighted planks
>>
>>37352898
By gut do you mean fat..? If you have belly fat you need to cut carbs.

If You have a low bmi and still look bloated you need first off eat some grapefruit, which is a really good way to clean out your bowels, and then do vacuums. Training the inner liner of your abs helps you not look bloated after eating.
>>
>>37352910
>tfw no decline benches at gym

>>37352913
I hear testimony of planks, are they really that affective? I usually give a good 2 minute bodyweight one and my shoulders just feel fucked up.

>>37352940
>looking up vacuums
Is this shit for real?

And I don't think I'd call my gut fat, it's just plain.
Relaxed, it's vertical from my chest, and a thin soft fat layer. But tensed, the naval tucks in and the part between chest and naval sticks far out forward, and is fairly solid from martial arts.
>>
>>37353013
>I hear testimony of planks, are they really that affective?

Yes. Put a plate on your back and go for 45-60s
>>
>>37353062
What's a good way to use planks?
3 x 1min?
1x 2min, 2x 1min(weighted)
stuff like that.
>>
You might have APT.

I was always curious why my stomach wasn't flat despite having an underweight bmi (not Kwashiorkor).

I then learned about APT and realised that it was the cause of every problem my body has. It hurts to fix it though
>>
>>37353547
Aptfag her halp pls my lower back hurts after running and my ass looks huge.
>>
>>37352898
Get an ab roller.
>>
>>37353699
Reddit has a good write up
>>
>>37353547
what is APT? Tried searching for it and apartments keep popping up
>>
>>37354068
anterior pelvic tilt
>>
How about doing some actual cardio, fatass.
>>
>>37354135
thanks anon
>>
>>37354149
Half my routine is cardio, bf ~19%.
Mile: 6:36
1.5 mile: 10:08
5k: 23:03
>>
>>37353699
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1IGjQemEKA

I know your pain.
>>
>>37354544
thanks for this breh
>>
>>37352898
Ab exercises won't make you less fat. Eat less or move more.
>>
>>37352898
Try HIIT OP. Imo it's better than cardio and will tire

you the fuck out in just 20min. And reduce calories

if you havent already.
>>
>>37355466
Compared with other regimens, HIIT may not be as effective for treating hyperlipidemia and obesity, or improving muscle and bone mass. Some researchers also note that HIIT requires "an extremely high level of subject motivation," and question whether the general population could safely or practically tolerate the extreme nature of the exercise regimen.[2]
>>
>>37353547
I had myself tested recently for a medical, no signs of APT found.
>>
File: 1462473491917.png (5 KB, 345x283) Image search: [Google]
1462473491917.png
5 KB, 345x283
Sit ups.
Need advice on them.

Some people say say you only need to get shoulders off ground
Some say you need to touch knees
Some say touch knees with elbows
Some say tough knees with chin

Some cross arms,
some behind head,
some next to head,
some in front of face.

What is good, what is BS?
>>
>>37357953
I do arms crossed + until I'm upright
>>
>they all make me feel awful and I hate the fact that I need to rep that shit for so long to get anything out of it.
wow. op is such a pussy
>>
>>37355740
Compared to what other regimens? Redpill me, anon. I want to hear this.
>>
>>37358116
>I hate the fact that I need to rep that shit for so long to get anything out of it

he has a point though, anything with lots of reps is boring as fuck
>>
>>37358116
Hey, we all hate something man.
I >enjoy legs, I have fun with back, and I smile at chest. But reping for ages with abs is boring.
As I say, the only thing I found that is fun is wood chops.
And, well, it's wood chops... I aint gonna get shit from them.
>>
No one has said ab Wheel, shame on you guys
>>
>>37352898
Have you considered
>running
>hiking
>soccer
>swimming
or any other physical activity that requires constant ab use while doing other activities?
some people barely need to work abs out at all since they use them so much during their day to day activities.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.