[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What advice would you give to someone who cant even do 1 pushup?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Confusedpepe24333457543nby.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
Confusedpepe24333457543nby.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
What advice would you give to someone who cant even do 1 pushup?
>>
Lift 2.
>>
Try again
>>
>>37351920
Lose weight
>>
>>37351920
kill your self
>>
>>37351920
If you're that fat do some cardio and eat less
If you're that much of a skelly eat more
>>
We all have to start somewhere. I used to barely be able to do one. I tried a couple of times, the next day I was sore but I tried again and was able to do 2. Then I went from there.
As usual scooby has something for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW0lK3b7zhA
Chest is definitely my weakest body part proportionally, maybe it's yours too, that's why you have to start lower than other people.
>>
>>37351920
If you are fat think of this as a golden opportunity to gain strength and some muscle using nothing more than your bodyweight+laying a strong foundation for further development.
Try doing one knee push-up. If even that is too hard for you for some reason,find a couch ,put your hands on the seat and do a push-up. If that is too hard for you find a wall,and do a push-up that is comfortable for you.
Once you can do 5 knee push-ups try doing one regular push-up at the end.
Scooby has a tutorial on how to do your first pull-up,that can be applied to most bodyweight exercises.
You can probably do this everyday.
. Start doing squats without any weights. Don't do lunges ,or at least not yet anyway. You might get an unusually amount of soreness (called doms) the first time you do squats,It's okay, usually happens the next day, they will usually stop soon as you build up strength (and reappear once you start doing weighted squats).
Start walking around more. Make a point to go hiking at least once a month, baring that plan a 3-4 hour walk to substitute it. Don't start jogging, focus on your bodyweight exercises and walking. People are recommending HIIT(short burst of intense sprint type exercises) more and more.
The point is to start forming good habits and build up from there. Even with basic bodyweight exercises and walking you will notice benefits in your posture,your sleep etc etc
>>
>>37351996
>>37352169
OP here thanks for the advice. Also im skelly AF
>>
>>37352207
Pic?
>>
>>37351920
Work on your tricep and start by doing pushups at an angle leaned over a bench or something. Eventually you should be able to do "real" pushups.
>>
>>37351996
I did Scooby's routine
I can now do 55 pushups in a streak, still aiming for 100

I couldn't do a single one when I started

you don't NEED to do pushups, benching is easier to progress on
but it looks cool
>>
>>37351920
Do it on your knees until you can do it the normal way
>>
Lift weights, I'm guessing you're a fatty or a girl.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.