[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bodyweight week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1431600900707.jpg (143 KB, 588x586) Image search: [Google]
1431600900707.jpg
143 KB, 588x586
Hey guys, here's a tip for ya.

I've done several programs over the last 3 years, and have stuck with push-pull for about a year now.

Here's something I've found empirically (i.e. I don't have theoretical backup for it, it just works).

Every 5-6 weeks, I take a week out of the gym and just do bodyweight 3-4 times that week.

1) Every single time I've done this (I think that's 6 or 7 times now) at least one of my major lifts progressed when I got back to the gym the following week.

2) Bodyweight week gives me DOMS like you wouldn't believe.

If you're stalling on your lifts, that might be something to try out. Sometimes less is genuinely more. I'm happy to share my bodyweight week program if anyone's interested.
>>
>>37351173
Congratulations you just figured out what a rest/deload week is.
>>
>>37351188

I know you're being sarcastic, but it actually took a while because I find it hard to make myself rest, and I believe many lifters are like that.

Also, it's not rest week if you have killer DOMS, so joke's on you.
>>
>>37351173
What do you mean "just do bodyweight"?
What exercises do you do? I'm only just benching my bodyweight already and there's no way I'd be able to overhead press my bodyweight let alone do bodyweight curls. I'm 100kg btw.
>>
>>37351285

Bodyweight exercises, i.e. pushups, crunches etc.
>>
>>37351173
I do this too because every once in a while i go and spend a week at my parent's house and just hit up the local outdoor gym in the town

what shit do you do? i usually just do fuckloads of pull ups, dips and rows to failure
>>
>>37351173
wahts the routine?
>>
File: MldwziV.png (717 KB, 1677x2130) Image search: [Google]
MldwziV.png
717 KB, 1677x2130
>>37351285
Is this you?
>>
>>37351513
>>37351567

What I do is:

A:

Decline pushups 4 x 15
Isometric wipes 4 x 20
Chest dips 4 x 15
Body ups 3 x 10

B:

Burpees 3 x 20
Jump squats 3 x 15
Split squats 3 x 15
Lunges 3 x 15

C:

Inverted rows 3 x 20
Reverse snow angel 3 x 15
Reverse back extensions 3 x 10
Downward dog 3 x 20

D:

Handstand pushups 3 x 10
Pike pushups 3 x 15
Boxing bag until failure

>>37351600

Kek
>>
File: image00.png (38 KB, 1290x967) Image search: [Google]
image00.png
38 KB, 1290x967
>>37351173

>>37351188 isn't being sarcastic, you have quite literally discovered deloading in the proper sense and figured out how to best implement it in your training.

Fatigue is an emotional response from the body essentially designed to stop you from being physically capable of overworking yourself and destroying your muscles.

As you increase your strength you accumulate fatigue. Fatigue masks your performance. If you let your fatigue levels climb too high you start to notice poor performance and recovery, so reducing your volume to bring it back down to manageable levels is necessary.

When you drop fatigue your preparedness spikes, you're able to perform optimally since there's no fatigue masking your actual ability, your strength also starts to decline when you reduce your workload but there's a window where you're able to perform at your absolute peak when you do this. This is where the concept of peaking comes from.

Most coaches program in deloads for lifters every 6-10 weeks. For me a deload is a 25% reduction in weekly training volume so it's not something I notice significantly, but I always perform a bit better the week back. Before a competition I do a full taper which drops all fatigue and causes my performance to significantly increase and hit PR's.
>>
>>37351762

Thanks for the input, bro. I've never really read much on the theoretical side of things, mostly learned from practice.

What kind of competitions do you do?
>>
>>37351600
No but kek.
>>
>>37351630
>Isometric wipes 4 x 20

These fucking things gave my chest a fucking seizure, I now do them as a finisher on occasion. Gave up flies for them.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.