[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Fat Loss General/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: 1459986791114.png (44 KB, 886x376) Image search: [Google]
1459986791114.png
44 KB, 886x376
19 y/o college bro, 5'9, 245lbs (atleast that was my SW nearly 3 months ago).

I'm trying to cut down to 180lbs by this November.
Able to maintain my cut and hit the gym atleast 3 times a week easily, however my macro goals on MyFitnessPal seem a little ridiculous. how the hell am I supposed to consume 250g of protein? I've been told the whole 1g/lb thing is bullshit, so I've been eating around 130-150g a day instead. Thinking about trying out intermittent fasting too, general calories out > calories in has been going well for me so far though.

Any advice to speed up fat loss? I eat at around 1500cal/day despite my TDEE calc telling me to eat around 1990-2100.
>>
>>37348018
I doubt you burn only 2100 calories a day if youve been going to the gym 3 days a week
>>
>>37348018
From the beginning of December to the end of march I went from 250 to 185

>eating 500 calories or less a day
>>
>>37348043
I have only been going 3-5 times a week for the past 2-3 months though, I haven't had any huge physical change or anything, i understand that takes a long time. I have dropped 2 pant sizes though and am slightly thinner all around. Still fat though. Are you suggesting I raise my calorie intake to lose weight? Isn't that counterproductive if I'm trying to thin out?
>>
>>37348072
but did you lift or did you just go from fat to skinny fat?
>>
>>37348098
Liftin 4 days a week
>>
>>37348154
You lift heavy 4 days a week and eat only 500 calories a day? dude that cannot be healthy.
>>
>>37348077
Nah I was just pointing out that you probably burn more than 2100 a day. Up to you if you wanna eat more. 1000 calorie deficit is typically the healthy max but if you're feeling fine then keep doing keep doing what you're doing.
>>
>>37348018
Its 1g/kg, it has been said by lots of lifters. Too much protein will fuck your liver up, 1g/lb is not optimal since most of it goes down the toilet.
>>
>>37348154
4 days a week on 500 calories, holy fuck dude that's gonna lead to problems. 1000 calories would be understandable, but 500 ? You're in starvation mode, so you'll gain fat realy quick, also you're gonna make little to no gains at all that way.
>>
>>37348018
I was in a similar situation to yours back in August. I was 5'8" 193 lbs, sports brought me down and let me hover at 185 for a while, and then I started cutting in February.

Today I weighed in at 151. When I started I only started on an 1800, despite my TDEE being around 2500. These days my TDEE is probably higher, and I'm eating 1500 calories a day.

I'd say in your case, don't eat less, but work more. How much cardio do you do? Personally I wouldn't eat less than 1200ish calories a day, as anything below that is kinda dangerous, but be patient with your cut most of all. It takes time amigo, but with perseverance and patience time flies by.
>>
>>37348253
I do stronglifts 3 days a week, then spend 2 off my off days doing cardio and practicing pull ups so I can build up my lats and get that V-taper. Somewhat counters the disadvantage of being a manlet
>>
>>37348018
I would do HITT 3x a week and lift 2x week,

if you're serious about fat loss. Maybe do light

cardio on the 6th day.
>>
>>37348172
>>37348214
The only problem I've noticed is low blood pressure. I also took caffeine pills because I was pretty much tired constantly.

My bench has decreased some, but not too much. Curls have stagnated. Everything else has kept progressing, not as fast as before but still going.
>>
>>37348275
Lol that's pretty much been my routine, but I start wrestling soon. I know it hurts and all, but add some sprints and conditioning in there. Even on the stronglifts program.

As for your protein intake. it doesn't have to be exact, but as close to bodyweight as possible is ideal. If you stick on the 1500, with maybe some healthy binging, you'd drop pretty quickly.

Plateaus happen too, but remember to stick to it. I lost about 10 lbs per month, and sure, some say it's not really healthy (and desu it's not that great) but as long as you feel both mentally and physically fine on your cut, then do it.
>>
>>37348326
>healthy binging
define this famalam
>>
Having issues with my cut as well. Started at 285 about 2 months ago. Down to 260, but having trouble breaking under that.

Eating 2000 calories, just picked up the gym (cardio and some light lifting) this week.

What do?
>>
>>37348416
If anything, it's best not to binge at all, but if you relapse like plenty of recovering fatties have (i.e. me), then at least binge on healthier shit like fruits, veggies, and meats. Personally, strawberries and watermelon are big ones for me, and sure, my carb/sugar intake will sky rocket, but it's not the end of the world.

The list could go on, but if you binge, make sure you catch yourself in the act, log that shit, and force yourself work around it because you failed the simple task of discipline. I know I have, and thousands like me, but if you binge, at least make it healthy and/or make up for it.
>>
>>37348437
when in doubt, cut calories.

>>37348459
noted. Sometimes I crack and have a burger with a diet soda and feel like shit for the rest of the day. I just go extra hard on food discipline the next day and hit the weights even harder
>>
>>37348018
You sound pretty close to me. 23 yo 6'3" I started at 260 last june just hit 199 today. As long as you don't feel starved, you're hitting your macros, and not eating a bunch of shitty processed foods and sugars you should be fine. I eat roughly 1750 cals per day, lift 3-4 times a week and get on the treadmill 2-3 times a week.

Just be patient and consistent. I always plateau for about 2-3 weeks then I'll "drop" 6-8 pounds over 3 days. I suggest just weighing yourself every day after your morning piss and tracking everything, it'll give you an idea of the adjustments you need to make.
>>
>>37348470
I've had to do cardio at 8 or 9 at night because I was over my limit for the day. Splurging every now and then is ok, but yeah just keep on that shit.

Any time I get a craving for food when it's not time to eat, I either down a bottle or two of water or brush my teeth. Works like a charm.
>>
>>37348018
Cut carbs to 20, cut protein to half and put the rest into fat
>>
>>37348154
why dont you add 30 minutes intense cardio at the end of your strength session and eat a 2-300 cal deficit daily? guarantee you will make better strength gains while will get the fat burning going longer and deeper. not great to only eat 500 cal a day.
>>
>>37348519
yeah for sure being honest with yourself is the main thing without being psychotic.
>>
>>37348018
Go on ketosis
>>
>>37348187
>MFW ive been doing 1g per lb for 2 weeks
>MFW im 238 down from 242
>FUCK
>>
>>37348293
you're gonna lose a lot of muscle haha
>>
>>37348187

That's not completely true.

http://examine.com/faq/can-eating-too-much-protein-be-bad-for-you/
>>
>>37348018
you don't need 250g protein.
>>
About the same age, 6'4" 242 and about 15% BF.
Decided to get serious hit the gym 4 days a week this past semester and I've dropped to my current weight from over 300 and put on a ton of lean mass.
I had a huge deficit going on and was dropping at least 5lbs a week. Started to crave food more towards the end of classes though so I'm using MFP and eating a larger amount now. Weight loss has slowed down and stalled some days but I've been able to put on more lean mass.
>>
>249 g of protein

Haha christ people of retarded . Do you know that science proves empirically that if you consumed 150 g instead of 249 there would he literally no measurable difference in muscle building/holding on to protein ?
>>
File: 1.jpg (47 KB, 551x518) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
47 KB, 551x518
>>37348018
>protein: 259 grams
>>
>>37349168
Actually science proved that about 0.8-0.9x (the actual number is around 0.83gxbw in lb in cutting bodybuilders) bodyweight is the optimal amount to eat and any higher has no real effect. Even lower than that might be okay. But OP needs to remember that these people are bodybuilders and unless he's rik piano he's probably 50% bf and needs to eat about 120 grams or 1 gram per lean pound of bodyweight, which is probably still too much but no so much that it'll have any negative effects.
>>
>>37349161
>6'4 242
Uh, you've still got 40 lbs to lose, def not 15% bf

I'm 6'4 220, 1/2/3/4+ and I'm at least 20 lbs overweight...
>>
>>37348018
>250g protein
have fun with your ammonia poisoning
>>
>>37349204
So should 400 lb dudes be eating 350ish grams ideally or is there an upper limit for fatties
>>
>>37349239
Too much protein can give you ammonia poisoning?
>>
>>37349250
400lb dudes aren't 12.5% bodyfat. But I would say it's likely that rich piana would eat 200+ grams of protein a day.
>>
>>37349256
amino acids contain amino groups, which is where they get their name. An amino group = contains nitrogen, in the form of N, NH, or NH2. too many will overload your urea cycle.
>>
>>37349261
Oh I didn't see your thing about lean bodyweight. I'm stupid. Thank you
>>
>>37349285
Also if you are OP 50% bf was an exaggeration, if you're 112kg you're probably looking at the 30-40 range unless you've never exercised seriously in your life.
>>
>>37349256

No, he's stupid.

http://examine.com/faq/how-much-protein-do-i-need-every-day/
>>
>>37349340

Whoops, wrong link.

http://examine.com/faq/can-eating-too-much-protein-be-bad-for-you/
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.