[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what the fuck is the point of this thing? I can't imagine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: slingshot-red-h1_1.jpg (148 KB, 1000x817) Image search: [Google]
slingshot-red-h1_1.jpg
148 KB, 1000x817
So what the fuck is the point of this thing? I can't imagine any realistic applications other than pure ego lifting.
>>
>>37343722
it's forcing him to pull outwards more. imagine not just resting the bar in your palms but trying to pull it apart as you do the lift. it's also a measurement for height pertaining to the workout.
>>
to keep arms position in check?
>>
>>37343796
>>37343797
These are the people posting on fit.

>>37343722
It's to make the lift easier at the bottom to be able to work the triceps with a heavier load.
>>
File: Daiki Kodama 212,5kg Bench.webm (2 MB, 697x560) Image search: [Google]
Daiki Kodama 212,5kg Bench.webm
2 MB, 697x560
>>37343722

Overload
Improve specific aspects for the main lift
Helps people who have issues with shoulder pain
>>
>>37343812
How does it help with shoulder pain?

Have shoulder pain

pls aware me
>>
>>37343812
Holy shit blaha is strong
>>
>>37343722

Triceps overload.
I use the blue one, worked up to 200kg with it, was able to max bench 180kg, it did help a lot. Tore my pec though eventually (not with it, but I guess my weak point was triceps and delts and this thing helped a lot and I just learned to go wide grip with it having never trained my pecs enough before and bam, torn)
>>
File: Klokov 190kg Paused Bench.webm (2 MB, 636x480) Image search: [Google]
Klokov 190kg Paused Bench.webm
2 MB, 636x480
>>37343858

They take some of the strain on the rotator cuff muscles and tendons out at the bottom position (that's when they're both more active and have less space to move).
They force you into a bar path and humerus position that make it easier on your rotator cuff tendons by allowing more space inside the glenohumeral joint, preventing impingement.

Take a look at the reviews on their website, plenty of people have used it for improving their issues with shoulder pain, or during recovery from rotator cuff injuries.
>>
>>37344854
Show us your ass faggot
>>
>>37345239
How is this post relevant to the thread?
>>
>>37345290
How is that fags name & tripcode relevant to the thread?
>>
>>37343812
dat ROM kek

Powerlifting is a joke
>>
>>37343812
guys! i'm trappy and did you know you use your arms for benching? yes that's right, woah, i'm such a good coach bro
>>
>>37343858

Basically, two things happen:

1. It forces you in to a more shoulder-friendly position at the bottom of the lift (you can't flare as much with that on and have to touch lower/tuck more).

2. It supports some of the weight at the bottom, taking stress off the shoulders in the most vulnerable position.
>>
>>37343722
look it's like a rubber band. rubber bands store potential energy as they stretch. the thing stretches as he reaches the bottom of his bench press, storing energy, and then releases it as it contracts, which happens during the ascent.
>>
>>37343812

> that back arch

Is this a fucking joke or what? He lifted it like a total of 4 inches.

That is not a bench press.
>>
File: Yusuke Suzuki 212kg Bench.webm (2 MB, 723x540) Image search: [Google]
Yusuke Suzuki 212kg Bench.webm
2 MB, 723x540
>>37346378
>>37347148

How about this
>>
>>37347184
does that even count? his butt isn't on the bench at all.
>>
>>37347975

It counts. The butt just needs to be touching the bench at all times, not to be fully "sitting into it".
>>
trappy, what do you think of pavel tsatouline?
>>
>>37348025
Why the fuck do people arch their back during bench at all?
Also I have shoulder pain when doing pull-ups pls help ;_;
>>
>>37349249

Puts rotator cuff in a safer position, and chest muscles in a stronger position.
Excessive arches are done in order to maximise the amount of weight you can bench.
>>
>>37349249
arches help stabalize your shoulders and optimize chest activation, but also many lifters arch so much as a method to decrease the range of motion.
>>
File: oh hi guys.jpg (53 KB, 406x700) Image search: [Google]
oh hi guys.jpg
53 KB, 406x700
Benchlets: The Thread
>>
It is magic
>>
File: grey bra white sheets.jpg (91 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
grey bra white sheets.jpg
91 KB, 800x800
>>37349249
>Why the fuck do people arch their back during bench at all?
to make it less horrible for your shoulders
to make it easier to keep your back tight
to keep your shoulders dug in better

>>37349297
this
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.