[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ delusions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10
File: Delusion.jpg (19 KB, 304x300) Image search: [Google]
Delusion.jpg
19 KB, 304x300
Post stories of the most delusional people you know
>family bbq yesterday
>topic of conversation turns to physical activity/fitness
>a family friend aks me "anon you're pretty big" struggling not saying 4 you at thist point "have you measured your bf%"
>"not sure, like 11-12%" cut down this spring so I'm looking pretty lean by now
>big bro butts in and says "nah bro, I'm like 12%, my friend helped me measure recently, your definitely under 10%"
>mfw my bro is an inch shorter and 10 lbs heavier, has visible muffin tops and abs that aren't visible even in the best of lighting
he does lift but he's been on the same shitty 5x5 routine for the past 2 years, add to that him being at least 17% bf so he looks like a total DYEL
almost burst out laughing when he said he was 12%, but didn't want everyone around me thinking I'm some autist who spends his time on a Macedonian onion peeling image board
>>
When someone says "I used to go to the gym until last year and lift".
No. No, you didn't.
>>
>>37341174

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
>>
>>37341174
when somebody says they need to eat animal corpses to be healthy and that taking an animals life does not even require thinking/justification is the most delusion i have come across.

>name a trait absent in non humans that if absent in humans would justify the way we treat them
>>
File: freeshrugs.jpg (104 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
freeshrugs.jpg
104 KB, 449x642
>go to gym
>load 3 plaet on the bench
>almost immediately some middle aged man is summoned from thin air
>he motions me to take my headphones off
>"I used to be able to do that for 50 reps before I got my knee injury"
And in some even weirder cases
>"mind if I work in?"
>they unrack the bar and almost get beheaded immediately
>>
>>37341314
This.
>>
>>37341314
>>37341344
virgin gains pls go
>>
>>37341314

Being part of our species you cuck. Darwin is rolling in his grave.
>>
>>37341174
What are you supposed to do after years of doing strength routines? a split?
>>
>>37341409
ppl
>>
>>37341414
1000x this
>>
>>37341385
iam, im using my superiour human brain to come to the conclusion it is not morally justifiable to kill animals for no reason, and it is not ok to keep funding an industry which is destroying our planet, and just to eat healthy foods.

>hurr durr be apart of our species
Dont think for yourself, just follow traditions, like me*
>>
>>37341314
i like the taste of meat and you can't do anything to stop me eating it
>>
File: borealis.jpg (30 KB, 460x451) Image search: [Google]
borealis.jpg
30 KB, 460x451
>>37341423
>>
>>37341430
so you didnt justify it, and you didnt answer my question. You are just responded like a child would... "but waaah i like it and u cant stop meeee"

>>37341433
well done
>>
>>37341527
holy shit, get off your high horse, you really think that vegans can make any contribution to the world? Not when the vast majority of people eat meat
This is why I can't stand vegans, they always have to force their opinions and convictions down other people's throats, okay I get, you feel sympathy for animals, just stop being little smug bitches about it
>>
>>37341314
make that argument to a bear before you get eaten faggot
>>
>>37341423
So people can't eat meat because of your personal morals?

Also
>Killing animals for no reason
>Eating them

Pick one
>>
>>37341314
>>37341314
Here, let me break down your delusion. You drive a car, right?

>when somebody says they need to use toxic gas pollutants to be productive and that destroying acres of land does not even require thinking/justification is the most delusion i have come across.
>>
>>37341580
>you really think that vegans can make any contribution to the world?
>they always have to force their opinions and convictions down other people's throats

sounds to me like this laddy is making a contribution by trying to convince others to stop eating meat, you're contradicting yourself
>>
>>37341212
that feel when you snap your shit up and don't lift for two years

:(
>>
>invited to dinner with my dads side of the family for a birthday
>brother keeps mentioning to everyone that i'm working out
>brother decides I could beat my dad in an arm wrestle
>dads massive, been working labor jobs all his life
>I've been lifting for a year
>brother starts chanting fight fight fight so everyone can hear
>have to knock my brother in the head to shut him up
>>
>>37341597
That's a natural death. You could live your life normally before that. What happens to the animals you eat, is far from natural.
>>
>>37341314
I'm gonna kick your bony ass if I catch you nibbling on my hemp.
>>
>>37341929
Most of the animals we eat wouldnt even fucking exist naturally.

We've been breeding them for centuries just for the purpose of consumption.
>>
>>37341423
Richard it's time to stop shit posting
Pls go..
>>
>>37341330
>bench
>knee injury
Keked
>>
>>37341745
:)
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 611x619) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 611x619
>be at party last night
>go with friend who is newly into fitness
>brings girl with him he met on Internet
>won't shut up about his workout plan
>disregard him and hit on the chick
>get her number by the end of the night
>she texts him that she just wants to be friends

I'm not even fit. You faggots do so much damage when you open you're mouths. Literally worry about your social life if you want to get laid
>>
>>37341314
I just do it cause Idk
>>
>>37341330
I used to be a bencher like you,

Until I took an arrow to the knee.
>>
>>37342295
Get out
>>
>>37342171
>won't shut up about his workout plan

jesus do people honestly think this is ever a good idea ?
>>
>Be bigger and stronger than average but nothing crazy
>Talking with friends and their friends
>Some gymbro is being a cunt
>Tell him he's a cunt
>Gets buttmad and tries to assert his dominance via an arm wrestle
>I easily win
>Gymbro accuses me of using steroids as he goes 6 times a week and I'm stronger
>Say 'No, I went through puberty'
>He gets rages and storms off
>>
>>37341527
Thats just it you uppity cunt. Not everyone is going to think the same way, eat the same way or feel the same way as you do. Grow the fuck up, live your life and quit fucking butting in to other peoples business you sad fucking twat.
>>
>tfw I always feel small in gym mirrors and really big in home mirrors
>>
>>37341314
it's fucking delicious. that's reason enough
>>
>>37341314

I eat meat for the same reason animals eat meat, because I can chew it, I can digest it, it's tasty and it's nutritious. Stay mad, herbafag.
>>
File: 1374163220217.jpg (7 KB, 109x125) Image search: [Google]
1374163220217.jpg
7 KB, 109x125
>>37342295
i had a giggle

i really need to stop playing skyrim so much, but the sex mods make it too much fun
>>
>>37341929

>natural

Animals live within their environment, any is as "natural" as any other because they were all molded by influence well outside the animal's influence, be it humans, other predators, climate change, migration, famine, or whatever the fuck.

>defining "natural" any way it pleases you so you can make your argument

tl;dr You're being a pretentious fucktard.
>>
>>37341527
"but waaaah other people have freedom of choice and I can't influence them"

You're all children to me. I am the supreme thinker, the true adult.
>>
>>37342779
#rekt
>>
>>37341423
>superiour
>>
>>37341929
So you support hunting?

What about the billions of domesticated farm animals we have, should we just euthanize them all? Boom, mass extinction. But it's ok because it makes some vegan faggot feel better about himself. Cool.
>>
>>37342472
>b-but somebody out there is smoking a cigarette right now... As a nonsmoker it's my duty to piss on their enjoyment... waaaah
>>
>>37342483
You know in some clothes stores they use slightly curved mirrors to make women think they're thinner, and to make the clothes look more flattering? Imagine a gym owner tweaking all the mirrors to make people look slightly wider, adjusting the lighting to be most flattering when you're a few feet away from the mirror, etc. Fucking devilish. Who wants to open a gym with me to scam skellies?
>>
>>37342171
With friends like you who needs enemies
>>
>>37342903
No no he brought this on himself. For the last year he has wined and cried every week about girls. He dumped his great gf because he wanted to be a player. Instead he became a creepy Autist. He needs to learn a lesson and shut the fuck up
>>
"Yeah, used to go to the gym and drink protein shakes and all that but I stopped and all the muscle turned to fat"

>the muscle turned to fat
>muscle
>turned to fat

Where did this meme come from? A PT told my brother the same thing
>>
>>37342931
>"I hit on girls that my friends take on dates, but trust me my friend is the creepy one"
Ya nah you're just a dick
>>
"Yeah man I love fitness I do pushups and situps before bed everyday"

the public's conception of what health and fitness actually are is incredibly depressing
>>
>>37341314
>humanity
what now veganfag?
>>
>>37341174
>known her for over a year so i got details:
>24 year old some odd co-worker only works out in the women's section
>only uses women's section machines
>lives with her divorced dad
>excuses not to go to the gym include her dad saying working out a lot is bad for you.
>she told me she didn't believe him but still she didn't go to the fuckin gym.
>or because her best friend didn't want to go last time.
>routine consists of 3x12 and shit
>will workout up to 5 times a week in a row - same workouts everyday.
>then takes off like 2 weeks at times cause of excuses
>has cheat meals with women logic - loses what gains she had which were none so she is just getting fatter
>randomly skips meals, or whole days without food
>uses supplements as meal replacements, not as supplements.
>clearly not getting enough of the right macros during her lunches
>hypes up on coffee nearly every day.
>has told me she did everything right blah blah but still gained weight
>tries all these cleansing diets and shit and finds out none of them work for her
>always has at least 1 type of diet in the queue
>tries all these workout programs and falls off (the easy ones)
>basically getting her muscles and joints sore and getting fatter.
>for the past YEAR or so.

i honestly don't believe in her as a person.

i live in a major city. this is the average 20s some odd chick in my city. she has not started her true workout journey yet, nobody sees this as a serious issue because she is a girl. thing is there are distractions and we do not become introspective about things to begin with- we are just jumping to conclusions and want to receive everything. we don't want to give, put anything in, or commit. we want to accept love and acceptance rather than create it for ourselves.

tl;dr
>23yo co-worker
>23yo girl logic with diet and exercise
>gains consist of fat gains
>5/10 if she got her shit together 8/10
>most guys like her cause of her ass and bubbly personality
>>
>>37342313
this. even when chicks (of any age) ask me specifics about my workouts, i don't give them my run down i just say some shit because they just wait for you to stop talking so that they can respond. it's not the details but the act itself of being engaged in conversation. the perspective has already been formed. like how will talking about your workout make them feel any more safe and happy around you? i actually feel kinda sorry for this dude's friend but it's still funny because he deserved the friend-zone.
>>
>>37343031
christ. not to mention "getting abs" requires crunches only.
>>
>>37342966
i do hear similar things to this quite a bit. i do not believe the majority of these kinds of people really think muscle literally turns to fat. it's just that with most things we humans like to generalize, and have an answer for everything in life.

it's like saying someone is all muscle. they aren't all muscle but they are jacked as fuck.
>>
>>37342779
>completely BTFO
Why are vegans so fucking stupid?
>>
>>37342171
>You faggots do so much damage when you open you're mouths.

you must be very new here, do you think the average /fit/izen even goes to social gatherings, never mind actually talks to girls and talks about lifting?
>>
>>37341929
so you're going to go back 5000 years and prevent domestication from ever occuring? there are hundreds of animals that would not exist "naturally", we are the dominant species because we have the ability to mold our surroundings to suit us. if you can't appreciate that then perhaps it's best if you quite literally go to live in the jungle, where you are guaranteed to live and die naturally. surely that's the endgame of veganism anyway.
>>
>>37341314
>require justification
Unless you believe in some higher power than nothing you do actually requires justification as without such a power morality only exists within our collective conscience. The reason we can’t eat other people is because the thought is disgusting to us because we fear what would happen to us and others if we allowed them to be eaten and therefore empathize with a person who could be eaten. Eating members of your own species can cause disease as well. Because of this most every culture views cannibalism as taboo and therefore forbids, meaning even those who don’t see a problem with it must follow society’s prohibition or face punishment meaning it’s in their own best interest to conform. Only if enough people were to judge animals worthy of such protection and were able to muster support to influence those who did not agree could vegetarianism really be considered a moral imperative, and this unlikely to happen as compared to a human slave, animals are far removed from humanity in a practical sense (any claims to the contrary doesn’t change the fact that they can’t interact as humans in society) and therefore both difficult to empathize with and incapable of being part of the moral conscience that dictates societal norms and expectations.
>>
i don't even take any side when it comes to vegan arguments and humanity and shit. you're all fucking stupid for engaging in this.
>>
>>37341423
dat pathetic argument
>>
File: 1307897544863.png (2 KB, 158x160) Image search: [Google]
1307897544863.png
2 KB, 158x160
>>37342931
I agree with the other anon, you are just a dick, friends don't do that
>>
>>37341301
had this kind of when I started Taekwondo. I didn't think I was good or anything but after a year or so you would look back and think "damn, I was pretty damn bad"
>>
>>37341603
Well I guess he doesn't like responding to legitimate points of view
>>
>>37342878
That's hilarious, count me in - I call CFO
>>
>>37342171
>get her number by the end of the night

Lol cunt, not even gonna bother with how shit of a friend you are but u think it's a big deal u got her number? I'd have made both of you suck my cock
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 400x320
>>37341867
Reminds me of my brother

>family dinner
>I'm lean bulking
>talking to cute waitress at the bar
>later on, she takes our orders
>I order this special meat platter thing they do, ask for no fries or salad
>she is fine with this
>this should be the end of the story
>brother decided to announce to her that I'm on a "diet" and "weightlifting" so I only eat meat
>she looks at him like he just ordered in Spanish
>he tells her not to worry and that I'm not weird, just working out
>I stare at him in silence for a solid minute while he orders and she leaves

He didn't see what was wrong with announcing random, un-interesting facts about my life to random people, so I demonstrate for him.

>different waitress comes over to take orders for desserts
>my brother orders a lemon sorbet
>I order a glass of water and tell the waitress my brother used to piss behind his bed as a child and blame it on stray cats
>she laughs and has to actually leave and get another waitress to finish taking orders
>my brother goes purple with rage
>mfw
>>
>>37344214
I understand the annoyance but he probably just thinks what you're doing is interesting and doesn't understand why it would embarrass you.
>>
>>37343708
not him, but this cultural taboo thing is also why dogs and cats aren't seen as food animals in the western world.
>>
>>37342751
S-sex mods? Oh my, Senpai ;-)
>>
>>37343404
That does not make it sound like he deserved it, it just makes women sound like awful, selfish people who don't deserve your time.
>>
>>37342931
You are a sad, pathetic man.
>>
>>37342878
In my gym mirrors in weight lifting areas actually make you like 1/3 wider, it's ridiculous. Mirrors in crossfit area are normal.
>>
>>37341867
>brother keeps mentioning to everyone that i'm working out

God i hate that, theres a reason im wearing a fucking jacket
>>
>>37344214
It sounds like he's just impressed with what you're doing and is being supportive you stupid cunt, go apologise
>>
>>37341314
I feel like you're implying that eating meat = condoning terrible rearing conditions for the animals, which isn't the case. Treating animals well actually makes the meat taste better as I've heard.

As for a trait, I would say self awareness and lack of higher thought are the determinant between animal and man. A brain that can actually contemplate what's being done to it.

And just to preempt a response, i do think there is very little difference between a SEVERELY retarded person and an animal.
>>
File: 1.jpg (27 KB, 480x581) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
27 KB, 480x581
>>37341314
>>
>>37342295
You ain't shit
>>
File: CellAbsorbingPiccolo.png (568 KB, 876x600) Image search: [Google]
CellAbsorbingPiccolo.png
568 KB, 876x600
>>37341314
>Not absorbing gains from lesser beings like cell
It's like you don't want to be perfect.
>>
>>37342751
mod it until it crashes!
>>
File: 1452374203445.jpg (14 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1452374203445.jpg
14 KB, 200x200
>>37343358
you're shit at telling stories.
>>
>>37341423
I am a vegetarian. I don't like to eat meat. That's my personal decision. I dont give a fuck, what omnivores do.

I really dont get all those people, who try to "Bully" other people into vegetarian/veganism. Like you would seriously change someones mind by arguing about meat consumption.

Just let people figure it out on their own, or not.
>>
>>37344542
>>37345801

I think you guys assume he's my kid brother, he's 4 years older than me, and was trying to put me down, it's not like he was being nice.
>>
>>37345926
I'm trying. 150 mods so far, but my PC is too strong for the game to crash.

The game engine, on the other hand...
>>
>>37344214
Dude.. He's just proud of you and shit, and you purposely shit-talked him. You should have said something completely innocent just to prove a point- and have been merry about it
>>
>>37346106
150 is nothing, my personal record was 230, with like 50 or so gameplay changing mods. Make sure to get an ENB and 4k textures too.
>>
>>37346295
Oh yeah, 150 is nothing at all.

I use a mix of 4k and 2k textures (for faster loading screens) and i use a really nice looking enb that runs surprisingly well.

Do you still play?

I had about 200 hours on the ps3 version, and now im around 300 on the pc version. Most of that was spent fapping but now im playing seriously again since i accidentally remembered the game is fun
>>
>>37341174
>eat big to get big
biggest delusion ever, just end up a fat power lifter.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.