[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I wasting the potential of my noob gains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Hey /fit/ I started lifting around 2 months ago on a calorie deficit and have been paying attention to what I eat for 3 months.

I am 174 cm I started around 80 kg with a belly and man boobs. In these 3 months I have lost around 6kg and I am beginning to see my body form (boobs disappearing etc)

My goal is to reach around 70 kg and If I am satisfied with the results start a slow clean bulk to my original weight or a little less. Since I am following a linear progression method am I wasting my potential starting out on a calorie deficit? Will I still make good gains when I increase my calorie intake?
>>
>>37339865
newbie gains is a super-gains mode from being so far from your genetic maximum

so you will still get your newbie gains, just slower on a caloric deficit

it isnt a specific timeframe that you have to smash all your work into, its a certain amount of mass/strength that you can achieve before you slow down

determined by genetics
>>
>>37339888
Thank you very much anon. When is usually a good time stop your cut and switch to a bulk? I don't wanna get fat again desu
>>
>174 cm

When will they learn?
>>
File: 6CKDJ0z.jpg (405 KB, 1083x634) Image search: [Google]
6CKDJ0z.jpg
405 KB, 1083x634
>>37339908
I come from a slightly manlet country and I am above 95% females so it's fine

>When will the manlet hate end
>>
>>37339907
whenever you feel like you're too fat/skinny or you reach your goal weight

sometimes the scales are fucky, so if you're choosing a goal weight keep it within 5 lbs (i.e 195-200 lbs)

you can also post in the CBT for peoples opinions here
>>
>>37339952
Thanks senpai much appreciated
>>
>>37339926
Starting out with a cut is ok only if you're above 30%bf imo

I was supet fat when i started, so i made normal gains and hit advanced liftson a 1000kcal deficit

It all depends on your preference thiugh. If you're commited to lifting, either way is fine cause the end result will be the same

Where are you from btw?
>>
>>373399I
I am Turkish currently studying in Italy

>inb4 remove kebab
>>
>>37339865
it's a common mistake to start with a cut.
starting with a bulk and then cutting means that you noob gainz are actual mass gains and not just strength, and when you cut that extra mass eat more energy, even when you don't work out.
>>
>>37340189
But wouldn't I look ridiculously fat if I had started bulking while already out of shape? For me it seemed more logical to shed some extra fat while gaining strength and preserving muscle then do a long clean bulk
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.