[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be completely honest with me, /fit/. Why do you lift? What makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10
File: Deep-Squat.jpg (151 KB, 738x415) Image search: [Google]
Deep-Squat.jpg
151 KB, 738x415
Be completely honest with me, /fit/. Why do you lift? What makes you grind out that last rep when every cell in your body is screaming at you telling you to rack it?

I do it because I want to grow. I want to eat a shittonne and get bigger quads, glutes, pecs, arms, and a thick back. If I don't suffer in the gym I'll just get fat.

I can honestly say I don't lift for girls. I'm way too autistic to talk to them, and they just want ottermode. I do lift for aesthetics, I'd guess 99% of people do even if they won't admit it.
>>
Its fun

You can enjoy it anywhere in the world
>>
because i have 300lbs on my back and I dont want to dump the weight so I got no choice lol

dumbass thread
>>
>>37339195
because deep inside we all hate ourselves, and cling to the hope that getting swole/strong will make us finally love ourselves
>>
>>37339492
this, every single girl that ive liked, rejected me. and i dont think its going to change anytime in the future because im ugly as fuck. so i just lift endlessly in hopes that ill oneday wake upp liking myself.
>>
File: leg-day.jpg (483 KB, 536x1000) Image search: [Google]
leg-day.jpg
483 KB, 536x1000
If I wanted to do something for women I'd probably diet.

So mostly just because I enjoy feeling physically competent.
>>
Nothing like PRing OHP after a 5 second grind
>>
Im probably the only one who does it for health benefits. Im a dietitian too. Cant be helped.
>>
File: 1376856600450.jpg (31 KB, 403x375) Image search: [Google]
1376856600450.jpg
31 KB, 403x375
I lift/diet only and exclusively to impress normies, especially girls. Pic related is the ideal male body for this
>very easy to achieve, no heavy compounds. Literally bicep curls, dumbell flies, planks and some sort of row will net you this in a few months
>no risk of injury
>no grunting like a retard in the gym
>easy dietwise, just eat a moderate amount with a lot of protein
>60x more impressive when shirtless

>>37339891
Nothing like bitches in the club miring after you take off your shirt
>>
>>37339195
can't do drugs.
>>
>>37339492

This pretty much. It makes me feel better about myself. Makes me feel like I'm achieving something worthwhile. Gives me goals to work towards. Keeps me a little bit disciplined.

Theres a small part of it that's lifting for girls but even if I were stuck forever on a desert island I'd still fashion some weights and lift. It's just a feel good habit for me now.
>>
>>37339492
Thats fucking deep
>>
>>37340355
no, it's not. you're just retarded.
>>
I have a once in a lifetime opportunity to be young and efficient. I will never be my age again. I will never be able to read my favorite books for the first time again, listen to my favorite albums for the first time. I want to make my years the best they can be and lifting and running make me feel really good. I do it because it makes me look good and it makes me feel good.
>>
>>37339195
I dont do it because I dont want to fry my central nervous system and hinder the rest of my workout as well as the next one just to get one extra rep
>>
>>37339195
>tfw bodybuilding sites use 4 or 5 plates to demonstrate balls to the wall squatting
>tfw you can do 5 plate easily
>>
>>37340819
Sounds like bitch excuses son
>>
File: tfwnoroberthusbando.jpg (59 KB, 537x720) Image search: [Google]
tfwnoroberthusbando.jpg
59 KB, 537x720
I lift for him
>>
>>37339471
the question was WHY you purposely put that 300lbs on your back and lift it, dumbfuck
>>
File: 1461714452737.png (79 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1461714452737.png
79 KB, 320x240
>>37339195
So I can look like Dio or Joseph Joestar. Literally the only reason.
>>
I enjoy it

If you lift for any other reason just stop now
>>
to be the best possible version of myself
>>
>>37339492
This, I just want to be beautiful. I want a qt gf who appreciates all my hard work. Also a lot of lifts are actually fun when you get good and you get a nice high after the gym
>>
Just get better at everything you do. It sucks to not progress at all at something you start, right? And it feels fucking awesome to see progress.
>>
>>37339195

I do it because I want my dad to be proud of me.
>>
File: 1449847030235.png (6 KB, 377x330) Image search: [Google]
1449847030235.png
6 KB, 377x330
i have nothing else to do
i would also like to make others feel inadequate
>>
>>37339195

I wanna look good, be the best version of myself and it's fun
>>
File: chuckles sovietly.jpg (11 KB, 320x374) Image search: [Google]
chuckles sovietly.jpg
11 KB, 320x374
>>37339195
Lifting takes nothing but consistency, and it's absolutely the easiest hobby to impress normies.
But like many others have repeatedly said on this board, lifting should only be an aid for you in another sport, unless you're /owg/ or /strongman/.
Dedicating your life to lifting (read: just lifting, not sports) is so incredibly vain and proves pretty much nothing if every other aspect of your (now miserable) existance has been nullified in order to maximize gains.

Also:
>tfw floor pulling 3pl8 in a commercial makes people nervous
>>
File: feel6.png (63 KB, 1241x302) Image search: [Google]
feel6.png
63 KB, 1241x302
>>37339195

because when you are alone, it's one of the few things that makes you feel good

because people treat you better when you look better

because I want to be better than other guys

because I realize girls are as shallow as we are

and well, I enjoy it. being healthy is a good thing.
>>
It makes me feel less suicidal
>>
I was forced to do it for high school football. I enjoyed the benefits that came with it. Now I keep at it religiously.
>>
File: 1464062410477.jpg (107 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
1464062410477.jpg
107 KB, 500x708
>>37339195
I used to be a scrawny kid and I hated myself.
I still do a bit but it's getting better and I accepted my manlet status.
Looking similar to pic rel with bigger legs
>>
>>37339195
I don't do it for girls, sincerely, as I too am too autistic to deal with them. For awhile I was just going through the motions because it felt like something that I ought to be doing. I've been reflecting on it lately because it's a fair question and I've decided that I'm doing it for the dream fantasy of the perfect girl who doesn't exist, or only exists in fantasy. So that I'd be more desirable to such a specimen. And I like watching my body progress, and I like the compliments as well. I do it for the dream hallmark/disney/whatever fantasy.
>>
Like many people here I'm too autistic for girls at this point so it's not that.

Honestly it's because when I don't lift or stop caring about my diet for a week I lose fullness, start to look small and get depressed. I have no choice anymore.
>>
File: 1338801849753.png (565 KB, 1312x538) Image search: [Google]
1338801849753.png
565 KB, 1312x538
>>37339269
This.

Also, if you can't lift shit, going back to calisthenics and the movements being easy as fuck and still mind numbingly fun.
>>
>>37339195
Kind of similar here. I lift to eat a shitload of food and only get q little fat
>>
>>37340777
Inspiring
>>
I like being around other people and knowing that I'm stronger and more active than them. Also it boosted my confidence
>>
I lift because went bald early but I have a decent frame.

So lifting is just to maximize my assets.
>>
Longevity.

I want to be at my best physically for as long as my genes/fate allow it.

I see so many of my older colleagues at work slowly growing more overweight while constantly complaining about their knees and back problems.

I want to be like my grandfather and still be able to crank out a couple pullups at 80. You owe it to yourself to be in good shape, especially when youre still young.
>>
>>37340288
So you want to be a twink? Enjoy never reaching your potential and living for the approval of others.
>>
1. I don't want to be outlifted by any woman on the planet.
2. It lets me handle life better (sleeping and eating enough for dem gains).
3. I enjoy it.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.