[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question for "bullet proof" coffee drinkers.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 22
I have a question for "bullet proof" coffee drinkers.

What makes adding butter to your coffee any different than adding half and half, or cream? It's still dairy fat.
>>
File: 1372502690696.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1372502690696.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
>>37336784
>adding sweeteners to your coffee
>>
>>37336784
I drink black, but that just sounds disgusting. Many things... many things, butter should not be paired with. Coffee is one such thing.
>>
It's a meme designed to trick normies that actually caught on

It does absolutely fucking nothing for your health. You're just eating butter
>>
>>37336824
Butter rum coffee works great.

You know, for like a once a year christmas thing.
I drink it black every other day too.
>>
>>37336814
This desu. I have a large long black every morning... then I have a coffee.
>>
>>37336784
Dave Asprey is a snake oil salesman that told a fun story in order to drum up page views on his blog.

If you fell for that shit, you need to take a class on critical thinking.
>>
Good luck finding grass fed creamer with with the same amount of short chain fatty acids.
It's bogus anyway. I tried it for a month and it tastes like shit and doesn't do diddly squat.
>>
File: Butter-Infographic1.jpg (1 MB, 2550x4421) Image search: [Google]
Butter-Infographic1.jpg
1 MB, 2550x4421
butter is good for you
>>
>>37336861
Butter is ok for you in appropriate quantities but I would not put butter in my coffee, that is just silly.

Butter your steak instead, brehs.
>>
>>37336845
this tbqh family
>>
>>37336814
I guess cream or half and half somewhat sweetens it, but I wouldn't consider it a sweetener. It's mostly fat.

I drink shitty drip coffee with a little whole milk every day. Black coffee is only good when you're using decent coffee.
>>
>>37336861
>butter is the reason for increase in heart disease
Yeah there's clearly no correlation with the vastly more sedentary lifestyle, pollution, shit food and obesity. It must be butter consumption!
>>
>4 cups of coffee with a tablespoon of half and half in each cup every morning
>fast until 7pm

cutting: easy mode.
>>
>>
>>37336910
>grapeseed oil
>bad
Please kill yourself.
>>
>>37336910
>there are moms on facebook that actually believe this
>>
>>37336845
>snake oil

you mean coconut oil right
>>
>>
>>37336784
It tastes like you're drinking butter. Like quite litterally warm frothy butter.
>>
>>37336861
>butter is good for you because it has saturated fat
>saturated fat has never been shown to cause heart disease
literally wut?
http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Saturated-Fats_UCM_301110_Article.jsp#.V0j_7GYtBmo
>unsaturated fats cause heart disease
literally wut
http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Polyunsaturated-Fats_UCM_301461_Article.jsp#.V0kAL2YtBmo

the thing then literally says butter has two types of poly unsaturated fats even though it claims they're bad and butter is good
>>
File: CYeEFeJVAAA_V9s[1].jpg (58 KB, 600x365) Image search: [Google]
CYeEFeJVAAA_V9s[1].jpg
58 KB, 600x365
>>
>>37336834
I won't bitch at you for a once a year stunt. That isn't how I'd use my cheat, but to each their own for cheats.
>>
File: TimeMagEatButter.jpg (85 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
TimeMagEatButter.jpg
85 KB, 600x800
>>
I mix full fat coconut in coffee instead it tastes alot better
>>
File: Vegetable-oil.png (176 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Vegetable-oil.png
176 KB, 720x540
>>
>>37336958
I find so much conflicting information in regards to fat that I just said fuck it and eat what tastes good. That happens to be olive oil, butter, and canola for high-temp stuff like searing steak or chicken breasts.

>>37336975
I basically eat exactly like this, except I don't care about fat sources. No sugar, no processed food, no white starches (except for a baked potato now and then), and hardly any grains.
>>
>>37337063
>implying any part of this process is detrimental to human health

but gee, it sounds scary and "unnatural"
>>
File: NORMIES.png (228 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
NORMIES.png
228 KB, 858x725
>>37336784
Bulletproof coffee is the memest of memes. It's fucking stupid, it just melts into a bumpy film of oil on the surface of your coffee, making it taste worse and harder to drink. I'd rather just drink the coffee dark and fucking just take a bite directly out of the stick of Kerrygold butter than drink that bullshit.
>>
File: saturated-fat.jpg (87 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
saturated-fat.jpg
87 KB, 960x960
>>
>>37336944
Bread has been a staple food for 12,000 years
>>
File: Carl-Sherburne_2012.png (126 KB, 481x271) Image search: [Google]
Carl-Sherburne_2012.png
126 KB, 481x271
>>37336910
> Nature doesn't make bad fats, factories do
Does this nigga seriously not believe that there's an industrial process involved in the extraction of palm oil/olive oil etc? I get that those are healthier oils but that naturalist fallacy is a bitch.
>>
>>37337073
In times like these, can you believe it's not butter?
>>
File: butter.jpg (40 KB, 537x372) Image search: [Google]
butter.jpg
40 KB, 537x372
>>37337165
>>
>>37337100
Except the part where grains have been hybridized over and over into near-unrecognizability. The bread of today is not the bread of the distant past. In America we use one of the most nutritionally horrible strains of wheat, that pound per pound has a high yield but is overall nutrient poor, highly insulinogenic, and inflammatory agent.

I'm from Spain originally and every time I visit my family one of the things that strikes me the most is just how different the bread of Europe tastes after being away from it for a year. American bread tastes dead. Eating it makes me feel like shit, my face bloats, I felt tired for no reason all the time back when I ate it. Staying away from bread has been nothing but positive for me, with the exception of occasionally being made fun of my fat Americans who's opinions I don't value.
>>
File: CSvtogHWUAAfny8.png (34 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
CSvtogHWUAAfny8.png
34 KB, 800x800
>>
>>37337100
Bread as we know it is made from an entirely different grain from what was used to make bread in the past. Einkorn wheat and modern wheat are very different nutritionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRrOHx2nPOk
>>
>>
>>37337260
Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>37337340
> Bread eating cuck detected
What's it feel like being fucked by America's garbage pail food? Are you proud of eating the same shit that herds of Americows eat? Are you so scared of being made fun of by cucked fatties that you still eat breadwiches?
>>
>>37336861
Fuck butyrate, had a passage about it on the MCAT. long story short it does some good things but some bad ones to. It's also what our gut bacteria break fiber down into.
>>
>>37337002
I don't "cheat", I'm a grown adult who understands fitness is a lifestyle. Good luck "making it" tho
>>
Jesus you're cringeworthy.
>>
>>37337064

>I find so much conflicting information in regards to fat that I just said fuck it and eat what tastes good

Consider this. There's a scientific consensus about saturated fats being unhealthful and unsaturated fats being healthful. Every group of expert scientists who study this stuff professional agree across the entire world. The only people who disagree are individual contrarian internet bloggers trying to gain an audience of followers by saying controversial things, usually to sell books and/or supplements for profit, by cherry-picking studies they misrepresent and don't expect people to read.
>>
>>37337516
Oh well, they'll have nanobots that'll scrape my arteries clean by the time I'm 45. I don't want to live without butter or cream.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 600x321) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 600x321
>>
>>37337016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIZaZq5lUew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ftoy6jqxm8
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 600x550
>>
>all this butter shilling
>>
>>
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/butter-is-not-back-limiting-saturated-fat-still-best-for-heart-health/
>>
just put milk in your coffee
>>
File: SaturatedFatBenefits.jpg (51 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
SaturatedFatBenefits.jpg
51 KB, 480x360
>>
>>37337707

http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=10490&page=422

>Saturated fatty acids are synthesized by the body to provide an adequate level needed for their physiological and structural functions; they have no known role in preventing chronic disease.
>There is a positive linear trend between total saturated fatty acid intake and total and low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol concentration and increased risk of coronary heart disease (CHD).
>A UL is not set for saturated fatty acids because any incremental increase in saturated fatty acid intake increases CHD risk.

We don't need this saturated fat acceptance propaganda on /fit/.
>>
>>37337617
butter is a GREAT source of atherosclerosis
>>
>>37336861
fucking gimmicky misleading garbage m8. but go ahead and consume it yourself while we all know the truth
>>
>>37337779
hehe well that's ONE way to get the message across
>>
File: ScreenShot2012-12-13at91713AM.png (220 KB, 450x616) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot2012-12-13at91713AM.png
220 KB, 450x616
>>
>>37337072
But STEAM is used!

You could write the same process for butter though with the same scare tactic words.
>>
>>37337215
So bread never used to have high carbs is what you're saying?
>>
>>37337073
>he doesn't add coconut "oil" and siraicha to his skull and crossbones coffee while wearing a fedora to prepare for his physically demanding job in the geek squad
>>
>>37337080
Unsubstantiated claims.
healthylivinghowto.com is not a credible source.
>>
>>37336784
>>37336954
The butterfat in milk is what makes regular coffee taste creamy, hence bullet proof coffee tastes identical to regular coffee, if it tastes buttery you're doing it wrong, that being said I wouldn't bother unless you're lactose intolerant
>>
I wish everyone who's ever posted something about saturated fat being healthy would die
>>
i tried whole foods' equivalent once (mammoth coffee)?

fucking meh. $4 too.
>>
File: Butter-Infographic.png (230 KB, 576x2413) Image search: [Google]
Butter-Infographic.png
230 KB, 576x2413
>>
>>37336814
In b4 the fedora green texter fags call you out
>>
>>37336784
Considering his podcast is literally designed specifically to sell his coffee at a high price because it is free of "mycotoxins" should tell you a lot.
>>
>>37336939
he wasn't wrong about the oil but the mold on the coffee beans and some stuff in other parts of the diet I can't remember atm.
>>
>>37339548
Yeah. His ideas sound decent when you hear them second hand but listening to him on his podcast set off my bullshit detector like 4 times an episode.
>>
>>37339571
Mycotoxins, constant naturalistic fallacy, and claims that his specific brand of coffee (and no other) will give you superpowers.
>>
>>37339594
yeah, just went back to find the Rogan podcast I heard this on.

Joe Rogan Exposes Dave Asprey and Bulletproof Coffee for False Claims on Mycotoxins
>https://youtu.be/rwY4H3cNTH0
>>
>>37339641
Did you really need a stoner to tell you it was bullshit. It's literally David Wolfe tier health advice.
>>
>>37339682
get off your horse faggot, the stoner is talking to someone with a PhD in biomedical science who is active in the field.
>>
Im scottish and my senpai does this for hangovers
>>
>>37337617
>weed eman dreap

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>37339710
Hahaha! No. Joe rogan does not even have a degree. He's a fucking comedian. Even if he was its still ridiculous that you needed someone to tell you that mycotoxins were bullshit pseudoscience. It's on the same level as crystal healing and ki.
>>
>>37339157
This is misinformation.

Butter leads to atherosclerosis.

Your arteries doesn't care if the butter is grassfed or cornfed.

That Dave Asprey is a goddamn lying snake oil selling cunt.

You can't "hack" your biology. You could however hack a software.
>>
>>37339765
Joe Rogan === Rhonda Patrick
>>
mike adriano used butter as lube for anal sex with two women so it's an a+ in my book!
>>
>>37339710
>>37339765
Oh fair enough. I misread. He's TALKING to a dr. That's more believable. The of the comment still stands.
>>
>>37339780
They are not the same person. She is a doctor who guests on his podcast sometimes.
>>
File: ebin slav.jpg (7 KB, 192x195) Image search: [Google]
ebin slav.jpg
7 KB, 192x195
>>37337063
None of that harms humans, you fucking moron. Adding citric acid to the oil is actually beneficial and a safety measure. Steam treating makes it go stale after a much longer period of time. Dehulling and pressing is how oil has been produced since the dawn of humanity.

There is literally nothing wrong with any process described in that pic, and you have to be acephalous not to see that.

You're the equivalent of someone looking at the glorious progress we've made and laughing at it, then choosing to eat raw meat because that's what the first generations of Homo Sapiens did. Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>37336975
>;-)
>>
>>37337063
>20,6850 kilopascals

>not just writing 200 MPa

I can tell the person who made this image is a retard.

(fyi, 200MPa is nearly 60 metric tonnes on an area the size of a US penny, and around 7 times the crushing strength of normal construction concrete - in the uk at least)
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.