[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1464210935060.jpg (28 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464210935060.jpg
28 KB, 450x350
If I want to build muscle
And I have 20% BF

can I build muscle while eating below maintenance?

Say I eat 1500 calories with 200g of protein, will the fat I already have be good enough to build muscle while cutting?
>>
Only if noob gains are involved. You're better off eating at a 200-300 surplus and burning off the calories by exercising
>>
>>37336698
that'll just make him at maintence

If he eats 2300 and then exercises and gets to 2000 total, assuming his TDE is 2000, he won't gain or lost any weight
>>
>>37336698
U won't lose weight but you'll lose fat
>>
>>37336698
Yes, you can build muscle on a deficit.
>>
OP here

So just gonna ask the question differently

I cant make muscle gains while on a cut even if im fat and at protein surplus?
>>
>>37337316
If he's eating below maintenance he will lose weight.
>>
>>37337332
Yes you nigger. If you keep your protein intake high, and keep lifting, you will increase lean mass while losing weight.
>>
>>37337349
Fantastic!
>>
>>37337349
a better question and something I'd like to know:

If you're on a cut but not obese already (at 15-16%BF) can this still apply? I was under the impression it's possible to do while you are at much higher BF but not when you are reasonably lean
>>
>>37337349
Kek
>>
>>37337828
The lower you BF, the harder it is to do.
<teehee fit gay undertones

But seriously, genetics aside, you probably want to bulk anyways.
>>
>>37336698
If you gain more muscle than fat, you're lowering your bf%, mathematically.

You are (and most of /fit/) an idiot and don't understand what you want is a reduction of total body fat mass, now just a lower bf%
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.