[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In terms of Posture, is it possible to get that scapula adduction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: posture.jpg (52 KB, 849x849) Image search: [Google]
posture.jpg
52 KB, 849x849
In terms of Posture, is it possible to get that scapula adduction to be a permanent thing? For example during hte pencil test. Is there a way to have your resting position be where the pencils are pointing directly forward? Or will your shoulders always medially rotate? I am trying to fix the shoulder issues and I am just wondering if obtaining the perfect humeral head in the shoulder girdle is even possible to maintain. Thanks
>>
>>37336143
Are you asking if it's possible to unfuck your shoulders after being a bench bro?

The answers yes, just work your shoulders, specifically rear delts, more like stagnating on your chest. Try face pulls.
>>
>>37336171
That is not at all what im asking. I am asking about posture and proper alignment.
>>
Corrective deadlift and practicing correct posture will fix it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8ghzmmF_FA
>>
>>37336190
you have internally rotated shoulders when your chest is far ahead of your shoulders
>>
>>37336197
Yeah that is where I have gotten the idea. But I am wondering, is there a point where if you are relaxed you shoulders will be in the proper position? So like in my picture up there, mine are picture number 2 right now relaxed. If I do down and pack and que my shoulders I can get to number 1. My question is, is it possible to be in a relaxed position and be in the first picture?
>>
>>37336143
bump
>>
>>37336283
Yes it is possible, focus on exercises that involve scapular retraction (rows are best) and work on your thoracic spine mobility (foam rolling helps a ton). Also just be conscious of it in your daily activities, aside from the muscle imbalance and mobility issues you most definitely have, you need to train yourself to remember proper posture.
>>
>>37336143
Stretch your pecs, do rows, FACE PULLS FACE PULLS FACE PULLS. Face pulls for sets of 15-25 on some days and then a little bit heavier on other days for 8-12. Don't speed through them either. Do nice slow reps and get a good squeeze. Just all around work you fucking back more. For ever push you need a pull. So if you do 3 sets of bench you bet your sweet ass you need to do 4 sets of rows.
>>
>>37336823
Supinated deadlifts with like no weight help too
>>
>>37336875
>FACE PULLS FACE PULLS FACE PULLS.

No. They strengthen superficial muscles that hardly do anything for scapula stability and posture.
>>
>>37336875
What if I dont even do push movements anymore and I only pull to strengthen my back?
>>
>>37336895
Explain yourself.
>>
>>37337322
fuck off
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.