[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
while my lower back region heals I need to replace the following
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: images.png (7 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7 KB, 225x224
while my lower back region heals I need to replace the following excercises from my routine with new ones that don't heavily stress the lower back

>deadlifts
>squats
>barbell row

help
>>
>>37335158
>Deadlifts
Leg curls/weighted hip thrusts
>squats
Leg press
>barbell row
Cable row
>>
>>37335177
was about to say this

/thread
>>
>>37335177
thank you
>>
Holy shit. A resolved, straight to the point, good info thread.

And nobody called reach other a manlet or a faggot.
>>
>>37335177
>leg press
>not stressing your lower back
Pick one you manlet
>>
>>37335408
fuck off manlet faggot

you'll never lern
>>
>>37335158
>DLs
No excercise can replace it. Do leg curls, back extensions and farmers walks, if they aren't too stressful for you.
>squats
If you can, do lunges. If not, seated leg press. Maybe leg extensions too.
>rows
Don't do them at all, even after you heal. Completely replace them with chinups.
>>
>>37335528
how can I get my chin ups to engage my back more? I feel like I'm mainly using my biceps
>>
>>37335177
Legpress and Cable rows are high in the amount of stress on the lower region of your back .. unless you have a chair infront of you or something,,, hold on i will draw
>>
>>37335632
>feel
That only means your biceps are the limiting factor. There is no way you can curl 90kg or whatever you weigh, don't worry, your lats are doing most of the work. Just be strict with yourself (dead hang, no kip, chest up and shoulders back in the end)
>>
File: im literally retarded.png (11 KB, 569x572) Image search: [Google]
im literally retarded.png
11 KB, 569x572
>>37336137
This is what i meant, the green is the plate inwhich you lean your chest against to destress the lower back
>halfway through i forgot how a cable row machine was setup THUMBS UP
>>
>>37335177
leg press stresses your lower back though
>>
>>37335177
>>37335528
>>37335158

Dont listen to anyone saying leg press. They obviously dont have to deal with a shitty back. Do front squats with very light weight to begin with. You will have a much more neutral spine with front squats.

Also, back hyperextension are a good bodyweight excercise to strengthen the lower back
>>
>>37336326
so do front squats, leg curls, back hyperextension, and chin ups?

are back hyperextensions safe to do when my lower back is causing me pain?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.