[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, im fat as fuck and cant seem to get the motivation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1460909424787.jpg (41 KB, 600x641) Image search: [Google]
1460909424787.jpg
41 KB, 600x641
Hey /fit/, im fat as fuck and cant seem to get the motivation to lose weight. I want to stop being a hamplanet, but i do everything i should for one day then forget. what do?

Im getting to the point where it hurts to stand up sometimes and im genuinely scared.
>>
don't forget.

That's literally it. There is no how. You just fucking do it.

Read the fucking sticky, understand how caloric intake works, and put yourself on a caloric budget.
>>
your motivation should be your reflection in the mirror and how much it disgusts you. You obviously lack the will power to stick with a proper diet and/or workout regime which won't change unless you really want to change. Just fucking do it, you'll see results quick and that will motivate you further.
>>
It's because you have no vision, no goal. You don't feel the call for the greatest quest of all.

You "want to stop being a hamplanet" like you would want to eat some ice-cream: it's just a fleeting desire.

You need to be clear on what you wish to achieve.
>>
Don't even bother, you're just not motivated enough. Getting fit is fucking hard, and if you can barely even stand and still aren't motivated enough than its just not going to happen.
>>
SMART criteria.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_criteria

>Have a well defined, realistic, quantifiable goal (ie, I'll lose 10 pounds in 2 months)
>Find out what you need to do, every week to accomplish it (ie, -1.25 a week)
>Find out what you need to do every day to meet your weekly goal (~500 calorie deficit)
>do it

Identify your pitfalls (ie, once you have a single potato chip you want the whole bag) and then pre-empt them (ie, never having that first chip).

Literally throw or give away food if you need to.
>>
with that attitude you are never gonna make it. Just fucking do it or die mirin
>>
File: 1407256504350.jpg (736 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1407256504350.jpg
736 KB, 2048x1536
>>37334226
>>
File: takamura.png (782 KB, 596x899) Image search: [Google]
takamura.png
782 KB, 596x899
>>
>Hey /fit/, im fat as fuck and cant seem to get the motivation to lose weight.
This relying on motivation meme should've died back in the 80s with the Yuppies.

>I want to stop being a hamplanet, but i do everything i should for one day then forget. what do?
Do everything you should for one day. Then do everything you should for one more day. Then do everything you should for more one day. Repeat ad infinitum.

>Im getting to the point where it hurts to stand up sometimes and im genuinely scared.
So pick a realistic achievable outcome and set a plan out to accomplish it regarding your weight.

The fact you need this spelled out for you shows you're mentally retarded and incapable of taking care of yourself, so I wouldn't feel too bad, you're working at a disadvantage.
>>
You need to remember. You need to realize that losing the required weight will probably take a year or more, but the status quo of continuing to gain weight is not acceptable. You're in it for the long haul.

Planning, preparing, and properly apportioning meals a week ahead of time is probably the most effectual thing you can do.

Hitting the gym, doing cardio, although important and should be done 3-5 times a week, are still only ancillary concerns compared to having a high protein diet you will reliably eat.
>>
>>37334226
if you're serious email me. [email protected]

I'm down from 330 to 260. Don't get me wrong it's FUCKING HARD but it's possible.
>>
>>37334226
Dont be a fucking bitch
>>
>>37334226
I'm a fatty too. I look at images of visceral fat inside obese people. Gives me motivation. I also think about how easier life would be if I were skinnier. Probably wouldn't sweat as much. Easier to find clothes. Can actually be proud of myself and size.
>>
File: 1461340131185.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1461340131185.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>37334491
OP here, would email you but too socially awkward and autism, grats on losing that much though

To the rest of you, thank you for the help/motivation/"something", i know it means literally nothing but i think this has given me the motivation to actually do something.
>>
>>37335526
good call, I was going to rape you through email.
>>
OP i was 285 lbs at 6'1" and the eay i did things was during the first week i made a checklist for that week of things i was gonna do to improve my life, just small things like doing my own laundry and stuff. i also ate 3 dirty meals a day the first weak but on a caloric budget.

2nd week i started going to the gym and doing 5 min of cardio to start increasing by 5 min every day till i reached an hour while also eating at 2 dirty meals a day and 1 clean meal while also cutting pop.

third week i did the same as above listed but with 2 clean meals and 1 dirty meal and cut fast food and im sure you can figure it out from here.

point being take it in small steps and itll make it feel like you are achieving a lot more and you wont hate yourself for doing like 5 hours of cardio your first gym session, i lost 30 lbs in 2 months and for an entire year i struggled until one day i just said fuck it ill take things step by step, its so much easoer this way.
>>
>>37334226
You don't need to work out a lot to lose weight Literally just start out by eating less.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.