[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yoga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
I'm new to /fit/, and I was kind of wondering about yoga.

Is it as good as people say, or is it just a meme?

Can a man do it or is it just gay?

Or is it master race?
>>
I do my own yoga. It's call fapomania 5000 and includes lots of head banging and flicking your tongue out with death metal blasting to where the windows are shaking
>>
>>37334168
Uh huh, uh huh...I see, does this involve Cannibal Corpse or Cattle Decapitation? I hear CC really gets the legs going but CD does a good job at triceps
>>
File: 1447976412034.jpg (790 KB, 1080x1843) Image search: [Google]
1447976412034.jpg
790 KB, 1080x1843
>>37334143
It's good for mobility and (depending on the type of yoga) your core.

It probably won't make you that much more aesthetic than you already are, but it's great to supplement with lifting because the balance and mobility gains may prevent injury.

It feels godlike when you're finished up with a tough workout and you finally get to just lay there and feel the endorphins from the deep stretching.
>>
>>37334143
its gay
>>
>>37334143
really good practice
>>
I do ashtanga. That Kino bitch is qt as fuck and it feels awesome after you finish. I like ashtanga because it's exactly the same every time. So many classes like to fuck around and not take anything serious so you never know if you're progressing. A good instructor will help bend you into your pretzels and give pointers on anatomy and shit. I am a nurse and lifting is my only hobby so I like to think I know kinesiology but I learn new shit all the time as well as it helps build awareness of your muscles and what they are doing.

Its a so peaceful and shit. I go 80 into work but I'm accidentally going 40 on the way home because of the zens.
>>
>>37334143
With a good instructor could be beneficial for relaxation and mobility. Can also be good for mindfulness, but since you're a sad piece of shit writing like you're 14 years old talking about "gay", "meme" and "master race" on a board populated by former and current weaboos, I don't think you're interested in that.

I don't even think you care about yoga, if you did you could've just asked in one of the qtddtot threads and phrased it like a person whose main source of nutrition isn't chicken tendies. You're just trying stir up some shit because that's how you want to spend your fridays: reading and participating in autistic meme-parrots arguing about if you are still a cool kid in the internet paralympics that is /fit/ if you do Indian spiritual practices.
>>
>>37334143
good for rest days.
>>
>>37334485
Kek
>>
>>37334143
>My face when I can squat 3 plates for reps but couldn't hold warrior pose without legs shaking and aching.
>>
>>37334293
OP here, this might be the gayest thing Ive ever read
>>
>>37334485
No, I watched the KOTH episode where Hank does yoga to fix his back and it worked, just kinda didnt know if yoga was a sham or not
>>
>>37334143
yoga is mostly just aggressive stretching.
my flexibility is all over the place so some poses feel like hell while others are just boring stay still bullshit
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.