[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you warmup before doing this? How do you cooldown after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Bible.jpg (181 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Bible.jpg
181 KB, 500x400
How do you warmup before doing this?
How do you cooldown after doing this?
>>
>>37334014
bump
>>
>>37334014
Try opening up the book and reading it.
>>
>>37334401
There are suggestions for lift specific warmups but no general warmup/cooldown routines in there newfriend.
>>
>>37334014

Just like this bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8
>>
>>37334439
whatever you want
personally, for warmups I do overhead squats for 5-10 mins but obviously if you're a beginner you might struggle doing that, so bodyweight squats, press-ups, 5 mins on the treadmill or bike, whatever takes your fancy
>>
>>37334439
that's because lift specific warmups are all that's required.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Not OP but I've been doing starting strength for a couple weeks now, today is a lifting day, and I'm sore as fuck. Not weightlifting related, like a pulled muscle type pain. Seems like common sense, but would I suffer more from skipping today to rest/get good sleep or would I suffer more attempting to still lift and potentially further hurting myself?
>>
>>37334631
you'd suffer more from attempting to lift. Just rest and recover if it's a minor muscle strain.

You're supposed to lift through DOMS, for the record, but I don't think you've got those.
>>
>Buys a book
>To lift things from the ground

SHIGGY DIGGY
>>
>>37334014
I pray to my rippetoe shrine for good gains and hip drive, then to recover I drink a gallon of milk
>>
>>37334664
Thanks fitbrah. Nah I don't think it's DOMS I'm doing starting strength to reintroduce my body to lifting, I recognize that sort of pain, feels like a strain. You the man fitbrah
>>
>>37334014
>>37334401
>>37334631
>>37334695
>>37334697
>Not buying Starting Strength 6th edition and doing the Advanced 2nd stage modified microloading phase for 14 months and subscribing to the Wichita Falls Weekly and hiring a milkman to deliver you milk everyday
YNDTP
>>
>>37334439
What the fuck.

Just warm up for the lift, you crackhead.

If anything some mobility drills, but i like to do a couple light warm up sets, then mobility work, then finish warming up and domthe worksets, then do mobility work again (doing it before and after is key)

Outside of that nothing
>>
>>37334685
>snaps his shit up, and then thinks deadlifts are bad for your spine.
You deserve what is coming to you.

..faggot
>>
>>37334773
>buying
Who are you kidding?
These NEETs are all pirates
>>
>>37334773
>milkman
>>
>>37334802
Wait till the weight gets heavy newfriend.
>>
File: Bloho.png (450 KB, 720x708) Image search: [Google]
Bloho.png
450 KB, 720x708
>>37334014
Fuggin hate rippertoe vidyas. If i wanted to listen to some annoying faggot prattle on for 18 minutes to explain the most basic exercise I'd watch scooby
>>
>>37335048
>not gallonofing milkaday constantly
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.