[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please redpilk me on acne??! I'm 23 and keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10
File: acne-vulgaris.jpg (84 KB, 1106x737) Image search: [Google]
acne-vulgaris.jpg
84 KB, 1106x737
Can someone please redpilk me on acne??! I'm 23 and keep having breakouts a little less severe than pic related. Is curing acne diy just a meme?
>Wash face 2x a day
>Used acne face wash
>Drank more water
>Cut sugar and simple carbs from diet
>Change pillowcase every night
>Slept more hours
Literally no changes. I don't want to take any crazy medications. Is there anything that worked for you /f/ags?
>>
>>37324442
>crazy medications
This sounds like your only option bro. I had the same problem, moderate to severe acne for years, tried every lifestyle change to get rid of it and nothing worked. Went to a dermo and he put me on roaccutane, 4 months later my face was totally clear (still had/have scars but they're gradually fading). Only side effects were dry skin and some small rashes on my hands which can be remedied with regular moisturising.
>>
>>37324442

stop clogging your pores

only wash one a day with soap as it dries skin and you will need moisterizer (clogs pores)

stop touching your face

the less things you put on your face the better
>>
>>37324478
Fuuuuuck I was hoping this wouldn't be the case I really don't want to have to medicate it. Damn it
>>
As someone who never suffered from acne but had an older brother riddled with it, I can only give you one advice:

Be born with a better skin.
>>
>>37324498
I stopped touching my face. I use aloevera or coconut oil daily, should I stop this?
>>
>>37324515
Haha it comes and goes so it's not really hindering my social life. I'm lucky to be pretty blessed in almost every other physical aspect
>>
>>37324518

yes . it will clog your pores and oily skin is BAD
>>
>>37324535
Got it. What kind of soap/facewash should I use? Should I use a soft washcloth?
>>
>>37324530
>blessed
churchfags pls go
>>
get a retinoid and use it daily, fixed my shit.
>>
File: 1461018174009.jpg (581 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1461018174009.jpg
581 KB, 1200x1600
>>37324560
This is literally the most autistic thing have ever read on 4chan. I wouldn't even expect retardation like this on /b/. Fuck off you chronic masturbator
>>
I hear hot water opens up the poors and then cold water will close them again. so hot water first and clean body then cold shower for the last couple minutes.

also I hear any sort of dye drinks causes acne. so gatorade drinks are a main one. just look at the ingrediants and if it says red 9 or blue 7 or whatever then dont drink it
>>
>>37324545
This is what I do and my skin fucking GLOWS…

>Sleep with towel on pillow that I replace
>hot water shower
>deep pore exfoliating scrub
>Oatmeal st Ives facial mask (That can be left on or immediatly washed off)
>deep pore cleanser lotion
>end with cold water onto face
>Put on Facial moisterizer

Repeat this every day
Sometimes you may miss a day but this is completely fine. These naturally missed days gives skin time to regenerate. Exfoliating every day is recommended by Beyonce's dermatologist.
>>
>>37324585
I'll give one a shot. How long before you saw results?
>>37324590
I typically wash my face with cold water after showers for this reason
>>
>>37324587
>christfag gets called out on his bullshit and makes fun of people with autism in retaliation

how does it feel to be a Jewish shill
>>
>>37324442
Try going vegan. Some fitness guy on YouTube did that to battle his acne .
>>
>>37324818
Is there any science to back up his claim?
>>
>>37324865
No. In fact I just looked it up and acne can be some side effect for going vegan. Though there are some saying they went vegan and their skin has gotten better.
>>
GET TRETINOIN.
>>
>>37324442
Removing dairy from your diet might help. Especially whey is known to break some people out. If you've not done that I'd try removing dairy and giving it another couple of months, then go to the doctor.

Unless your acne is really bad most doctors won't make you hop directly on accutane, which is the only "crazy" acne medication. You'll most likely get a retinoid and antibiotics, which do help some people.
>>
Go suntanning.
The sun basically dries everything out and pimples start coming out.

>t. guy who had acne problems and a very bad bacne situation
>>
>>37324991
Not sure what that is
>>37325018
Ill try no dairy for a while
>>
>>37325343
Haha I already do twice weekly it definitely helps but I need to go more often
>>
Go on a whole foods low fat vegan diet.
>>
>>37324442
Retinyl palmitate
>>
/r/equesting the info graph on treating acne with the B6 and vitamin A
>>
>>37324442
gf had bad acne for years, not scar face but break outs frequently , mostly along the jawline, she googled , figured it was hormonal acne, cut dairy out of her diet, little here and there, cream in coffee shit like that, she almost never breaks out now.
>>
>>37324545
Neutrageona foaming fresh cleanser is very gentle, and then the cerave AM facial moisturizer is also a safe bet.

Also a BHA inbetween the cleanser and moisture could be beneficial, such as the red box stridex
>>
>>37324442
Fresh towel on pillow every night no pizza
>>
Stop washing your face with soap.

Just rinse it with water. You didn't evolve from a line of ancestors who were putting harsh chemicals on their faces everyday to strip the natural oils from their skin, so why the fuck would you do the same?
>>
This might be just a crazy coincidence but i had acne, not severe but it was pretty noticeable.. i started taking zinc (2 instead of 1 pill which is the recommended) and after 2-3 weeks my acne disappeared almost completely on my cheeks.. still get some every now and then but nowhere near what i had before.
>>
How much dairy do you have a day?
>>
>>37324442
OP, I also say give >>37324818 or even just >>37325018 a try. I have both rosacea and a bit of acne even in my late 20's and not eating animal products just for 4 days, I've seen a difference in my face. My acne is healing up and I haven't had a single new pimple pop up, which never happens.

Although I also don't wash my face anymore either. Once a night, I use a combination of extra virgin olive oil, castor oil and tea tree oil on my face, let it soak in for 10 minutes and use a soft cloth to wipe it off. My face stopped producing a crapload of oil to make up for the soap stripping my face. Made my pores a bit smaller, too.
>>
>>37324587
What the fuck im seeing?
>>
>>37324610
>>37324991
trentonin=retinoid

it took me like 3 months to fully clear up, but in in the army so i missed days and spent weeks with really shitty hygiene.
>>
File: fedorapepe.jpg (14 KB, 228x243) Image search: [Google]
fedorapepe.jpg
14 KB, 228x243
>>37324587
Christianity is not a global default. Your beliefs are ludicrous and invite mockery. I'll tip my fedora now.
>>
Best OTC medication you can use is Benzoyl Peroxide as a ointment or gel. Make sure it's the ointment or gel because it'll drive more drug into the skin. Creams and lotions will evaporate over time and won't last as long. If it seriously won't go away, ask your doctor for an antibiotic and keep using Benzoyl Peroxide.
>>
The only thing that worked (and eventually cured my acne) was smearing my face with 5% benzoyl peroxide.
>>
>>37325606
>>37325613
This shit fucked up and dried my skin out even more.. I was only using it for a couple of weeks but my acne actually got more severe and the red ''scars'' stayed for much longer.. how long before it actually works?
>>
You can get acne from zinc deficiency. You lose a lot of zinc if you jack off.
>>
>>37324442

Yo brosky, before you go around changing your lifestyle try this:

First stop touching your face, make it a conscious effort, I had to strap a rubber band to my wrist and snap myself everytime I touched my face, its probably more than you realize.

Yes it could be hormones, make sure you are:
Sleeping at least 8 hours
Eating healthy-ish
Exercising regularly

Also make sure to shower as quickly as possible after your workout, if your constantly sweating and wiping it off your face you gonna break out if you don't wash that shit off

Mk last but definitely not least, go to local store and get the acne cream that is 10% benzoic acid, not the 2%. Get the one that comes in the big container not the little "spot treatment" shit. Use this on your face ONCE per day. Seriously, just once. It will leave a white film of benzoic acid on your face, don't wipe this off leave it but be careful it will bleach certain colors if you wipe enough of it onto something

Seriously though, 10% benzoic acid, if that doesn't work then try some of these more intensive suggestions
>>
File: 1462938853591.gif (1016 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1462938853591.gif
1016 KB, 320x240
>>37325839
I know you're trolling but daym
>>
>>37324442
my routine:
>2-3 liters of water a day
Water is good for you.
>2% Salciylic acid facial scrub (must have the exfoliating beads)
This removes dead skin and unclogs pores
>10% Benzoyl Peroxide facial wash
This kills the bacteria that cause acne
>Collagen facial cream (anti aging cream)
This helps your skin repair faster and lessen the appearance of scars
>Vitamin A supplements (do not use beta-carotine it must say retinyl palmitate or some other type of retinoid)
Vitamin A is essentially the main ingredient in Accutane (Isotretinoin).
It's important that you get a supplement that has some type of retinoid in it. Beta-Carotene is an inactive form of Vitamin A and your body will only make as much as it needs.

Been doing this for a 1.5 months and am noticing a lot better results

Interesting reads for acne treatment:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salicylic_acid
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzoyl_peroxide
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta-Carotene
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotretinoin
>>
>not mine

Skin Care Routine

- With clean hands, wash once a day (twice if oily) with a facial cleanser with a reasonable amount of glycolic acid (<10%), benzoyl peroxide (a low concentration, I can't remember the number), or salicylic acid and no detergents or fragrances. Vitamin E is also a plus. Works best if done after showering. Rinse with lukewarm water.

- (Optional) Use toner to help restore the Ph balance you might have just wrecked with your cleanser.

- Pat dry and moisturize. Less moisturizer on areas where you might get oily and more on places you might get dry. Again, no fragrances since they can be irritants.

- Once to three times a week, exfoliate your skin after washing with an exfoliating scrub. The smaller the beads/whatever, the better. You can make on yourself at home with honey and sugar. Gives me baby ass skin every time. Hold off until you know how your skin reacts, though.

Misc Tips

- Don't touch your face unless to clean it.

- Don't pop pimples. If it's really bad, disinfect the area and lance with a disinfected needle. Spread skin away from the pimple, not push it towards it to get the rest out. It won't all come but it'll heal faster with less risk of infection and won't drive it deeper like the latter. Put antibiotic ointment on, band-aid optional.

- Change pillowcase weekly or put a towel you change out nightly on your pillow instead.

- The black dots on your nose aren't blackheads. Leave them alone.

- Drink plenty of water, eat clean, make sure you get enough vitamin E, A, and C and Omega-3's
>>
File: 1455475644640.jpg (45 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1455475644640.jpg
45 KB, 500x667
Hey OP

If you're still there

I used to have cystic acne, horrendous. Zits under the skin, inflamed, and if I touched them they'd get inflamed like crazy.

What fixed it for me was taking zinc, and vitamin A.

Zinc everyday after or during a good meal (or else you'll puke your guts out), and one pill of vit. A a day (they're like 5000% of your daily needs).

It completely fixed it in a week.

To this day, if I stop taking the two, I'll flare up like a motherfucker, white zits so big you can see them two meters away.
>>
File: 1458393188312.jpg (32 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
1458393188312.jpg
32 KB, 499x750
OP here,
Thanks all for the advice.
I'm definitely going to start taking zinc daily
>>37325466
Will be changing towel nightly
>>37325599
>>37325606
>>37325613
>>37326095
>>37326174
>>37326206
>>37326282
Thanks bros
>>
>>37324442
if i were you i would stop with the face wash and washing your face twice a day, not needed, just give it a once over with water in the shower. your face cleans itself dude. then i would start taking cod liver oil. stuff is literal gold for your face. it stops the production of the shit that causes spots. fucking gold seriously. i noticed almost instant results with breakouts almost stopping completely.
Semi expensive but a bottle will last you forever. tastes like shit but if you refridgerate it and spoon it into the back of your throat you will be all good. been on it for six months and my skins the best its been in 5 years.
>>
Is it worth jumping on accutane? I know exactly why I'm breaking out - tren - and it's only a little on my neck but it makes shaving extraordinarily uncomfortable.
>>
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
>>
>>37324587

Holy fuck I never thought I would see this picture again.
>>
>>37324442
C A R D I O

seriously. You gotta sweat that shit out.
>>
>>37324442
>Wash face 2x a day
My acne went away after I started washing my face after and before going to sleep with a face wash, but also throughout the day every 2 hours just with water.
>>
>>37326206
I dont have any acne or pimples but heres mine

Wash face in the morning with waterthen apply facial cream, do the same in the evening.

Still if you have acne, there are a lot of quality posts in this tread
>>
>>37326206
Also what do you mean with black dots on nose?

I have them and want to get rid of them. What are those? They do pop a little but only when I push really hard and they come just right back. I have a small wound in my nose to my nose is a bit sensitive atm
>>
>>37326826
Are you sure that they arent cause by the shaving?

Perhapd use a shaving device instead of a shaving knife.

Also use non alcoholic after shave. And shave in je direction of the hairs instead of against. Worked for me to stop beardirritation.
>>
>>37326832
American pshycopath
Noise
>>
>>37324507
not him, yea you pretty much don't have a choice at this point if you want it to go away.

right now i'm doing an antibiotic called spiro something something and it seems to be working. proactiv won't cut it boy
>>
>Face is fine almost all of the time, but upper body is bad.
How do I get clean skin on my chest and back?
>>
Buy a bar of soap based on sea salt

Also doesnt non organic soap and or shampoo have shitloads of xenoestrogens that may cause acne?
>>
>>37327218
>but also throughout the day every 2 hours just with water.

made it worse for me

salt has always fixed it for me, whether going to the beach or sweating a lot, or using salty soap

its the best

burns my face a little, but eh
>>
>>37327637
do...do you think just washing my face with water and salt would help?
>>
>>37327828
go to the beach and try it out
>>
>>37324442
i realized all the anti-acne shit was just irritating my skin more and using a gentle routine fixes everything. all you need is a simple face wash and moisturizer, while occasionally exfoliating with a wash cloth
>>
>>37324442
I work for pro skincare company. You can either buy a serious supplement in liquid form: not cheap desu. Or you can supplement for yourself.
>>
you might wash your face too often and the facewash might be too harsh. try black soap.
Wash face if VERY oily
sweat
and drink a lot of water
>>
Taking only cold showers and using only cold water to wash my face helped the most. Jogging always fucked my shit up. I started jogging again and after a few days little pimples are starting to pop up. Shit fucking sucks
>>
>>37324587
>>37326897
What exactly am I looking at?
>>
File: 1435889883010.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1435889883010.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>37324590
fug, i'm a total diet coke whore and i have issues with acne

it says caramel coloring, does that count? it's not numbered like you mentioned

god fucking damnit
>>
File: 1464198992299.jpg (59 KB, 775x719) Image search: [Google]
1464198992299.jpg
59 KB, 775x719
holy shit this thread... I have acne as well and my doc prescribed me some pills in September '15, which was also the beginning of a very stressful period for me. After a week of taking the pills I got depressed and I stopped them immediately. After googling now, I saw it was accutane. Well then OP, if you have to take accutane, please don't kill yourself and try not to get too depressed.
>>
My acne is bad but getting better. Try this:

Sleep on a towel every night, turn it over the next and then get a new one so you don't use the same space on the towel more than once.

Shower with just soap.

Don't wash face harshly or rub skin too much.

Use benzoyl peroxide followed by moisturiser morning and night every day.
>>
>go to derm 3 times
>4 different antibiotics
>none of them work
>cant go on accutane because of medical history
I'm almost 22 and i still have the acne of a 16 year old
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1448751446594.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1448751446594.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1920
>>37324442
>>37328072 Here, apparently there are more than 1 types of acne, and the worst one is cystic acne and I think this is the only type of acne that accutane is prescribed. Listen to your doc, call him if you see any side effects and be safe. We're all gonna fucking make it brah
>>
>>37324442
>Is there anything that worked for you /f/ags?
Qigong. I'm a cerified teacher and should probably make a course sometimes.

But since you don't believe in such mystic mumbo-jumbo:

It's about finding out what makes you breakout. Apparently, it's not dirt, dehydration or carbs/sugar. So it must be something else. Try things out, you should notice changes pretty much after 2-4 days if you managed to find and neutralize the trigger.

Now the bad news: It can be anything, really. From your food, to protein shakes, to lifting to the stuff you wash your clothes with. Sorry.

t.;dr: If you haven't found the trigger yet, keep looking.
>>
>>37324442
get better genetics fag
>>
>>37324442
try cleaning your face with micellar water. It's a mild cleanser that kinda lifts dirt of your face. Chicks use it for makeup removal . I used it and it reduced the overall redness ,you wouldn't believe the grime your face accumulates after a short walk through the city. Or lint from my pillowcase. Esp important if you grow a stubble. Try it,it's pretty cheap
>>
In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
>>
>>37324478
Same here and it so fcking worth it, I promise you. But I'm doing dermapen for the scars I have left, they are pretty small but I want a smooth face lol
>>
>>37328197
26 here, same
>>
>>37324518
yep you actually want to dry out your skin, thats what accutane does.. though there are other products that does the same.. check your pharmacy for acne stuff, that shit works
>>
>>37324442
It is mostly genetic. People who got a good hand in the genetic lottery just like to inflate their egos by claiming that their "smart" lifestyle decisions did all the work.
>>
File: 1386650689274.jpg (23 KB, 377x351) Image search: [Google]
1386650689274.jpg
23 KB, 377x351
>>37328287
>>
>>37324518
coconut oil isn't supposed to be used on your face. Aloe vera gel is fine and recommended I think (one of the advantages is that it's something you can use during daytime, whereas some creams and gels that need to be applied on your acne at night will react with sunlight and shouldn't be used in the morning).
>>
>>37327987

i was told years ago that it was a bunch of props
>>
>>37324587
EXPLAIN THIS PICTURE
>>
>>37329349

i just told you, you nigger.
>>
>>37329366
YES WELL, OBVIOUSLY I DIDN'T SEE THAT.
thanks.
>>
95% genetics 5% hygiene
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.