[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you swapped the barbell bench press for the dumbbell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Have any of you swapped the barbell bench press for the dumbbell bench press? I'm considering it. My bench is terrible and I feel like I might have more luck with dumbbells.
>>
I did and havent looked back. No more shoulder pain and last time i bb benched i was struggling with 185 lbs. 6 months after diligent db bench i went back was easily able to do 2 pl8. Dont listen to people who say you cant bench heavy with db. Just be mindful of getting into position carefully. Best part is if you ever want to switch back your gains make great carryover back to barbell.
>>
I do both
>>
>>37323496
how do you get into position exactly? I always seem to struggle with heavier weights getting them into the right position without hurting my back.
>>
>>37323529
Sit at the end of the bench, put dbs on your legs comfortably without smashing quads, then use your legs to lift them while you rock back flat. Lift the dbs into position mid rock and you're set.
>>
>>37323545
I will try that.

What do you think of alternating, like I usually do bench and incline bench the same workout. What if I do db bench and bb incline, then next workout do bb bench and db incline?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=622ku8i0M14
>>
>>37323496
Thanks. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow.
>>
>>37323584
Not him but I also db more than I bb. I don't see much point in mixing it up. Keep it simple and just do bb or db same day. The only negative with db is weights jump in 5 lb increments so it's more about building reps than adding small weights. Also of you are home gym I think I've spent as much on my db set as I have on my rack and bars.
>>
If I bb bench lmao1pl8 how much would that equate to on db?
>>
>>37323378
Injured my shoulder. Have ignored bench, am consider it tho.
>>
>>37325072
Like 40-50 lbs. Prob
>>
>>37325072
It's hard to say. You could get 50 lb dbs up for sure so start there and see how it goes.
>>
>>37325114
Is this meme or? I BB 1pl8 cause shit chest, and when I do DB, I do 80lb total and fucks me up like 1pl8 does.
>>
>>37325072
It'll be less than the 135 pounds, just start at 30, and work your way up, but it'll be pretty much >>37325114
>>
I do regular bench with a bar. Incline with DB. Low rep with bar, high rep with DB. Works great for me.
>>
>>37325144
wtf? what kind of DB do you do?
>>
>>37325168
Regular DB press, with 40lb DB's. Maybe I somehow fucked it up? But my chest has never been the best to begin with.
>>
Do both,

Incline dumbbell press is great.
>>
>>37325114
>>37325125
>>37325151
thanks bros
>>
>>37325144
>is this a meme
>lift exactly the same as what they said
>>
>>37323378

I'll tell you this much OP.

It has nothing to do with luck.
>>
>>37325072
I do lmao1pl8 bench for 5-6 reps and can do 60lb dB for 5.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.