[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you do if you had a fat kid? What if shaming them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 329x153) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 329x153
What would you do if you had a fat kid? What if shaming them and cussing them only made them fatter? This is what I am dealing with.
>>
>>37321066
Considering I'd be responsible for whether they become fat it's rather a non-issue
>>
exercise with them you faggot
>>
>>37321066
Genetics. If your parents are fat/were fat, the odds of you growing up to be a fat adult are very high.

>We conclude that genetic influences have an important role in determining human fatness in adults, whereas the family environment alone has no apparent effect.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3941707
>>
That looks so fucking good
>>
>>37321098
This.
They literally have no chance to get fat if you don't let them. Not like they have a kitchen to cook their own food or money to buy shit.
>>
File: 1464042195701.jpg (24 KB, 288x363) Image search: [Google]
1464042195701.jpg
24 KB, 288x363
It's your fault they're fat to begin with.
Who was responsible for feeding them and making sure they stayed active?
Maybe instead of cussing and shaming them you should explain why they don't want to be fat. The dangers of heart disease, diabetes, obesity etc.
There are tons of resources for these types of things.
>>
Eat the little fuck on my cheat meal.
>>
>>37321066
Simple, mold your fucking habits and him in it you shitty excuse of a fucking parent.

>Boo hoo emotionally abusing my kid is making them an even fatter fuck

No shit Einstein, holy shit. Exercise with them, buy strictly healthy shit anf throw out all the pops and snacks in the house. Simply looking at a cow and saying it's a cow doesn't do shit, it continues to do cow things.

Same with a fat person, they will continue doing fatty things

A kid is easily mendable to your whims and habits. So influence and sculpt those habits into something healthier. Be active with them, if they won't be active with you because you wrre such a fucking cunt, then replace everything in the house with healthy things and make sure they eat at a deficit since they won't move to lose the fat.
>>
>>37321066

What? stop making your kids fat you idiot
>>
whats the difference between the left burger and the right? I only see onions and they made it stack instead of flattening it out like the left.
>>
Shaming, yelling and cursing almost never helps change a behavior. It's why kids who get beaten are more likely to beat their kids.
You have to teach them to change their ways, lead by example, without resorting to putting down their self-esteem.
>>
I'd put them in a sport and reward them for doing well and setting personal records. You sack a quarterback and concuss that other kid? New videogame, Johnny. You break a PR in the 400m? I'll take you to Baskin Robbins.
Also got to make sure me or the missus is cooking good meals for them, that I'm leaving healthy snacks around the house, and I'll give them protein supplements. If they teenagers I'm making them do lifting routines at 6AM every morning before school unless they are lifting in gym class.
>>
Do whatever makes you happy. Even if it is eating ten whoppers a week.
>>
>>37321150
its not genetic, nice b8, its beacuse the parents don't understand how to influence their children to have good diets
>>
>>37321263
Onions+cheese+slightly better preparation
>>
>>37321066
Your kid will follow your example, proven you are not a totally spineless faggotosaurus rex.
As that anon said, kill will eat whatever is available at home, so dont buy shitty fatsnacks.
Make activities something the lil bugger looks forwards to, not something he dreads.
Put some effort and be a dad goddamit.
Also, SS and GOMAD kek
>>
>>37321336
“In addition, results showed that the risk of adult obesity was significantly greater if either the child's mother or father was obese. That is, parental obesity more than doubled the risk for children, obese or nonobese, to become obese adults. This risk especially applied to children who were under 10 years of age” http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/710209_2
>>
>>37321499
It's almost like kids learn behaviour from their parents.
>>
>>37321535
>It's almost like kids learn behaviour from their parents.

>We conclude that genetic influences have an important role in determining human fatness in adults, whereas the family environment alone has no apparent effect.

K.
>>
>>37321066
i'd beat that subhuman fucking mongoloid until he submit or put him up for adoption

fat people are a blight on society
>>
File: fatties_eat_more_than_reported.png (440 KB, 921x741) Image search: [Google]
fatties_eat_more_than_reported.png
440 KB, 921x741
>>37321578
>>
>>37321601
And appetite and feelings of fullness are genetic

Individual genetic variations related to satiety and appetite control increase risk of obesity in preschool-age children in the STRONG kids program.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24081231
>>
>>37321150

Americans, everybody
>>
>>37321578

Nigga, shut the fuck up, with your cherrypicked jew shit.

Kids are fat, because their parents are too retarded to feed them healthy, end of story.

Fucking kike
>>
>>37321692
wait, non americans browse this board? Dont u have a euro chan u can go on
>>
>>37321650
You can argue that kids born with bigger stomachs are more prone to become obese as well because they eat more to feel full.

Although, the child isn't born fat, nor will they become fat if they are taught proper nutrition ny their parents.

A genetic tendency towards something isn't an excuse to let it happen.

You can also tell if someone will be prone to violence based off of genetics, but that doesn't mean they'll murder someone.
>>
>>37321589
As a parent it would be directly 100% your fault. So beat your own ass, retard.
>>
>>37321785
>the child isn't born fat

These results suggest that high BW (birth weight) is associated with increased risk of obesity and may serve as a mediator between prenatal influences and later disease risk.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21438992
>>
>>37321785
And, importantly, a predisposition towards violence wouldn't EXCUSE someone if they murdered/assaulted someone else.

Just because you could have genetic factors that would make it easier to gain weight doesn't mean that you're destined to be obese, and it doesn't excuse obesity in an individual.
>>
>>37321066
How about instead of shaming and cussing at them you just give them their tdee so as they grow they effectively are cutting?
>>
>>37321066
Having been a fat kid as a kid, be someone worth admiring. Work out regularly. If they want to hang out, get them to do something that isn't involved with >sitting and >playing vidya .

Basically extort them by removing your attention if they're being fatties.
>>
>>37321286
If anyone ever yelled at me, I just did the opposite and hated them more.
>>
>>37321066

noone has a fat kid

they create fat kids by taking them to mcdonalds all the time. kids learn from us, they dont know better. if your child is a whale it is YOUR FAULT.

so blame yourself.
>>
>>37321066
Yell and cuss at him harder, trust me it'll work bro
>>
>>37321535
>"Studies that have focused on inheritance patterns rather than on specific genes have found that 80% of the offspring of two obese parents were also obese, in contrast to less than 10% of the offspring of two parents who were of normal weight.[115] Different people exposed to the same environment have different risks of obesity due to their underlying genetics.[116]"

>"Different people exposed to the same environment have different risks of obesity due to their underlying genetics.[116]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity#Genetics
>>
>>37321971
>focused on inheritance patters [read parental influence] rather than specific genes
>[conclusion:] different risks of obesity due to underlying genetics.

That's pretty ass-backwards.

Find me a study where a child is separated from their obese parents at birth and sent to live with ones who care for their health and show me the results.
>>
>>37322126
>Find me a study where a child is separated from their obese parents at birth and sent to live with ones who care for their health and show me the results.

Already posted in this thread.
See >>37321150
>>
>>37322147
I'll take out the relevent parts anyway knowing how lazy people are on this site.

"There was no relation between the weight class of the adoptees and the body-mass index of their adoptive parents. "

" Furthermore, the relation between biologic parents and adoptees was not confined to the obesity weight class, but was present across the whole range of body fatness - from very thin to very fat."
>>
>>37321908
This. My dad always yelled and criticized me constantly. Even when I agreed that I was in the wrong, I would continue to do bad behaviors out of spite basically, because I hated him.

It doesn't really work to be constantly negative.
>>
>>37321150
Sssshhhhhhhiiiiiiieeeeeetttttttt
>>
>>37321066
1. Cook them healthy food
2. Ban shit food
3. Eat healthy yourself, if you don't set an example then just give up
4. Get them doing exercise of some sort
5. Exercise yourself because again, you need to set an example. Nobody listens to a faggot who is all talk and no walk, kids included.
>>
I really fucking hate fat fucks
I always have some sweets with me that I never eat but always give away to fat abominations, no matter the age, hoping for clogged arteries and sweet painful death for them
>>
Yelling works when it is backed with real threats of violence

>>37321908
That's because your father was a dickless chode who didn't beat you hard enough
>>
>>37323852
Jokes on you, I eat sweets all the time and I'm 64kg (5'10")
>>
>>37323913
If you're not fat I don't care, but if your stomach is farther than your tits or your second chin is growing you'll never leave my office without caramel teeth
>>
>>37321066
>What if shaming them and cussing them only made them fatter?
then we need to start shaming starving African children, that'll make them fatter right!

>>37321499
"in conclusion, we found that overweight kids were the most likely to be sexually abused by their parents, to such a high degree that we believe that parents of overweight kids should be placed on police "person of interest" lists in future" http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/710209_2
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.