[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any vegetarians on /fit/? What are the pros and cons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1460599661139.jpg (46 KB, 776x960) Image search: [Google]
1460599661139.jpg
46 KB, 776x960
Are there any vegetarians on /fit/?

What are the pros and cons of a vegetarian diet, and how do you bulk without meat?
>>
>>37320840
>how do you bulk without meat?

Eat a lot
>>
dick tastes better
>>
Not vegetarian but vegan.

Short Pros : Cheaper, recovery is up, feel better, retain more strength on cuts, overall gains seem a little better while still on the same program just with diet change. Also I'm vegan.

Cons: If you don't like beans/ lentils you won't like it as much. Takes a little more thought to consider all your sources of protein and keep them varied. Fiber farts. If you suck ass at meal prep it can be annoying.

Recovery is better and the obligatorily I just feel better hur hur. Did I mention I was vegan?

Bulking is easy and a lot cheaper even the expensive brands of tofu are a little shy of half the price of tofu. Beans and lentils are where its at for the most part in addition to peas and rice. Can be a little awkward at first to get all the protein you need at first. During my cuts my calories stay the same I just up the cardio to get me into a deficit if anything I've noticed I hold onto more strength even with a moderate deficit. Also I'm vegan.
>>
Half the price of chicken*
>>
>>37321351
kek. As a someone making the transition into veganism (not op though), I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>37320840
there are lots of calorie dense foods that aren't meat
>>
File: true_love.jpg (39 KB, 480x348) Image search: [Google]
true_love.jpg
39 KB, 480x348
>>37321351

You're a pretentious faggot and a liar.

Pic related, it's real bonding between animal and man, specifically an old farmer woman and a cow that has been feeding her family for a decade.
>>
vegetarian here

just keep your diet varied and you won't have much problems, eggs are so good its almost cheating and beans/lentils etc are low calorie and high protein.
>>
You still have eggs and dairy to consume which are cheaper protein sources as well as more bioavailable. Other than that try not to fill up on starches as vegetarians invariably arrive at.
>>
>>37321787
If it was up to vegans cows would be abandoned in the wild to be torn apart by predators

Shit, they'd probably murder that one themselves to "save" it
>>
>>37321837
>Other than that try not to fill up on starches as vegetarians invariably arrive at.
This. Unless you're in the running for the highly contested fattest vegetarian contest.
>>
>>37320840
>bulk without meat?

>vegetarians
>bulking

Dude have you ever seen a fit vegan?
There isn't one that is natty.
You have autistic children like VG who look 12.
>>
Vegetarians are a pain to cater for but at least they don't feel compelled to constantly tell everyone not-veggy about how their horrible people and should convert like vegans do.
>>
>>37321873
>vegan
why would you conflate vegetarianism with veganism?

vegetarians are like devout church goes who like to participate in community stuff and such.

vegans are like militant young earth creationists. batshit crazy through and through
>>
>>37321998
>seriously implying they aren't the same thing
Don't be a hipster.

Scooby said it perfectly, he is not a vegan or vegetarian. He primarily eats vegetables, but if there is a meat that is best for the particular meal he is making. He will eat meat.
Vegetarians are just as bad as vegans.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.