[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Low bar squat is basically a deadlift with the barbell on the back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 480x360
>Low bar squat is basically a deadlift with the barbell on the back
>>
>>37315235
mechanics are pretty similar. Honestly front squat + deadlift probably gives the best range of muscles used.
>>
Low bar is half squat + good morning
>>
>>37315263
nothing wrong with doing a good morning

>b-but it doesnt look aesthetic!!
>>
I end up back and forth'ing, but honestly highbar squat feels better
>>
>trap/hex bar deadlift is just back squat in reverse
>>
>>37315235 > I deliberately chose a picture that makes it look like you're supposed to do half ROM in a lowbar squat
>>
>dumbbell press is basically a bench press with dumbbells
>>
File: britbong.png (401 KB, 807x593) Image search: [Google]
britbong.png
401 KB, 807x593
>leg presses are basically just sitty-squatty slidy paddies
>>
>>37315235
if you don't go low, of course it doesn't engage the legs properly
>>
>>37315235
>incline bench is basically a normal bench but you're on an incline
>>
>OHP your body weight is basically a handstand
>>
>>37315708
bodyweigth handstand isn't achievable natty
>>
>>37315235
>a tricep pushdown is basically a reverse curl
>>
high bar MUSTARD RACE
>>
>>37315289
So do good mornings and squats, squat mornings are just for e stats
>>
>>37315708
Meant OHP, but that too
>>
>>37315746
Yes it is, it's not even that hard to do
>>
In my opinion - if you are doing low-bar, why do deadlifts. It engages back and hamstrings a lot. I'm doing highbar, so I'm doing diddys for lower back and hamstrings gains.
>>
>>37315805
They save time.
It's the ultimate compound lift - it's two compound lifts AT THE SAME TIME.
>>
File: 1383873607351.jpg (17 KB, 240x312) Image search: [Google]
1383873607351.jpg
17 KB, 240x312
Mr rippetits told me that the Squat© should be done low bar. Is he lying to me?
>>
>>37315954
He says it makes you stronger in deadlift. Why? Because it is a deadlift on your back.
>>
>>37315954
You should only follow his advice on how to become morbidly obese
>>
>>37315954
No, it results in the biggest total in powerlifting.

For comparison, when powerlifting first became a thing in europe, the squat was everybody's weakest lift.
I mean it was lower than their bench press pretty much across the board.

Why? Because everybody had an oly-lift background and the squats were done high bar, oly-level ATG.
Giant oly-lifters turned bodbuilders that could bench over 500lbs couldn't squat 400lbs in competition (the best squat was 396lbs. The same guy pulled close to 600).

The lowbar squat is an evolution of technique that is as similar to the ancient, 'proper' squat as a standing high jump is similar to the Fosbury flop.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.