[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
*** This is a Poll; I'm not looking for advice (or criticism).
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: advancedrot.jpg (23 KB, 594x501) Image search: [Google]
advancedrot.jpg
23 KB, 594x501
This is a Poll; I'm not looking for advice (or criticism).

STRETCHING: Do you do it?

Do you stretch before your workout, after your workout, or both?

How long do you hold each stretch for?

How many sets of stretches do you do?
>>
>>37312608
Also: How many days per week do you stretch?
>>
Come on /fit/, really? Nobody stretches at all? Do you want to have the mobility and ROM of a 70 year old before you're 30?
>>
Every day before bed
>>
>>37312608
Never stretch before a workout,
do warm up exercises involving the muscle groups you are using.

I stretch after workouts for the body parts I used.
I stretch everything again later that day an hour or two before bed. Generally after I shower.
>>
>>37312608
I stretch after running to increase my mobility for future runs.

Also, thanks for reminding me.
>>
yes, before

i don't hold stretches; i kept hearing that static stretching was bad so i tense and swing my arms and legs for reps

>arms
forward circles - 20 reps
backward circles - 20 reps

>legs
back & forth kicks - 10 reps
quads - 10 reps
hams - 10 reps

lol i have no idea what these stretches are actually called
>>
>>37313473

also 7 days per week because 7 days in gym
>>
I stretch to try and fix my pelvic tilt. That's about it.
>>
>>37312608
>Do I do it?
Yes, flexibility is one of the cornersstones of fitness
>Before or after?
I do mobility before workouts, and I strech afterwards. I also have a 20-30 minute stretch routine that I do twice a day, plus I take 3 ballet classes a week. There's a 30-45 minute barre workout involved in ballet classes which is really good for flexibility and mobility, especially in the hips, low back, feet and spine.

>How long do you hold each stretch for?
30 seconds

>How many sets of stretches do you do?
2 or 3 depending on mood
>>
>>37313568
>3 ballet classes a week
London?
PLEASE tell me you're a girl.
>>
>>37313593
Nah, I'm just a fat guy who loves wearing leotards.
>>
>>37313621

Seriously?
>>
I should avoid stretching
>>
>>37312608
Yes
I stretch before and after. If not enough time, only stretch before.
10-15seconds
At least 1 set before and 1 set after work out, I do 8 different stretches but might do extra stretches if I feel like I need it.
>>
>>37314076
I'm actually not fat, but yeah, I'm a dude.

Ballet is actually really great to do as a guy because you get to stare at (and meet) a lot of pretty women, you pay way less for classes than women, and you get a lot more enccouragement and attention than the girls because men are so few and far between and everyone wants you to not quit. Men also get used as an example for the class more than women, so you have girls mirin your legs all the time.

This is the opposite experience I've had taking other fitness classes like swing dancing and yoga, where people stare at new guys like they'retarded creeps.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.