[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you consider losing 50 pounds by october an unrealistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1422663531769.jpg (48 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
1422663531769.jpg
48 KB, 500x386
Would you consider losing 50 pounds by october an unrealistic goal? If you're currently 200 pounds?

Thats what I would like to do, I was 168 but I let myself fall off the wagon and I need to get back on it.
>>
Its possible. I spent 3 months in jail and lost 35lbs. I was also 200lbs too. I'm currently 165lbs. Change your diet and stay active. That's the key .
>>
>>37310536
My main thing any time I look to help lose weight is to walk 5 miles per day, seeing as thats close to 500 calories burned.

I'm going to start lifting to go with it as well so it's more fat than muscle going away. Although I have little muscle as is.
>>
Due to a bad case of depression i stopped lifting for 3 years and ate whatever i wanted whenever i wanted and i got to 25% at 230lbs. It was to late to cut so i bulked up cleanly and trained hard and will keep going until the end of June now i have to lose 30 - 40lbs by November for our summer. That's about 5 months. I think it is doable.
>>
22 weeks until Halloween. 50 pounds.
2.27 pounds per week. 1,140 calorie deficit per day.
Unrealistic? Not necessarily. Easy? Probably not.
You can do it though, if you put 100% effort forward and don't stray from the path.
Godspeed.
>>
>>37310601

Yeah, I'm all fat no muscle so I figured it'd be best to get down to 150, then start bulking/cutting from there.
>>
>>37310631

I intend not to, I used to do all the very super strict calorie counting/weighting with a food scale, but holy fuck is that a toll on you mentally.
>>
>>37310663

not stray from the path, I mean*
>>
>>37310514
It's ALL about diet. Exercise (cardio or lifting) should be secondary. Find out your BMR and calculate how many calories you can eat per day to reach your goal by October. 3500 calories per pound isn't exact but it's pretty damn close.

Don't forget to factor in the occasional cheat day/meal in your calculations, and working out will just help you reach your goals faster. Lifting will add muscle so focus more on how you look versus what you weigh if you do plan on lifting.

Best of luck anon
>>
From my personal experience that would be a bit tough. You could do 40 if you never go off your diet or routine.

I've lost 27 pounds since February being about 60 pounds overweight. The main thing is stick with it even if you don't meet your goal, just do your best and keep going to the point where you enjoy it and then you'll be more flexible
>>
>>37310576

Don't overdo it or you'll just give up. Enjoying your exercise is key
>>
>>37310536
what you been in for?
>>
>>37310601
depression is a bitch, I was at 106kg but ballooned up to 140kg because stopped caring about anything, lost job and my life generally is nothing but a bollocks, getting back on track slowly, h-hope I'll make it
>>
>>37310514
You fucking ate the wagon.
>>
>>37311017

Oh well at least he has goals. You must be a teenage DYEL because no one who actually goes to the gym gives a fuck if a fat person is there trying
>>
File: loss.jpg (88 KB, 1586x464) Image search: [Google]
loss.jpg
88 KB, 1586x464
sounds familiar my man. pic related was my loss, and then my partial weight gain after breaking up with gf. (i'm 33, so if yer younger, it'll be easier.)

should be possible though, but it'll be rough.
>>
>>37310514
I was 205 in January and am now down to 168 so bam there you go
>>
>>37310514
not worth it
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.