[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think its pretty clear that music will increase your performance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 104x104) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 104x104
I think its pretty clear that music will increase your performance when exercising, but what about afterwards? For example, when you go for a run to improve your cardio, you'll run faster and harder with music than without. Next week, when you step into a cage for your fight, will your cardio be weaker because you haven't trained the "mental" aspect of dealing with the burn? Or will it be stronger because you ran faster and harder when you trained?
>>
>>37307424
Its a sort of crutch. By listening to music, you lessen the outside world by a little. Suddenly, whem the music is removed, you will feel extremely grounded and less resilient. Better to not need it and have access, than to need it and not have access.
>>
I used the method of music to increase my performance but i had to increase the volume gradually to get the same effect as i did in the beginning. I am now deaf. Be careful with that.
>>
>>37307657
>What are noise canceling ear buds
>>
Sometimes when I'm lifting out of my comfort zone or going for a new record I'll turn my music off because it's a distraction. When I'm just doing my regular thing I always have music for reasons that everyone already knows.

I switch my music when I'm done lifting though, so I can cool down mentally and physically. (e.g. lift to some obnoxious as hell edm while lifting, turn on Feels by Animal Collective when I'm done.
>>
this thread is dumb
>>
>>37308381
I am already deaf why would i need those?

But the gains was worth it
>>
File: carlos.jpg (19 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
19 KB, 500x367
>>37307657

German volume training, not even once
>>
>>37309156
underrated
>>
>>37309156
Carlos!! *laughtrack*
>>
When I'm on my last set I will change the track and wait for a hard drop before I go in for the squat.

BITCHU GUESSED IT
>>
when your in the ring the thing that will keep you going is adrenaline. i never once thought my performance may have ben off because of a song. You should work hard enough that it wont make a difference
>>
>>37307424
Music will screw up your technique big time, and yeah it will make you mentally weak.

It will especially make you lose gains when running. Try focusing on cadence, stride length, balance, posture, breathing, etc ... when you've got a constantly changing beat blaring in your ear. You'll never make it.
>>
>>37312103
People train martial arts with headphones in/on? That's not a thing, right?
>>
>>37312165
In general I think music helps me run. But the farthest I've ever ran (5k, big whoop) was one of the only times I ran without music, and I've never done it since. Maybe you're right.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.