[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
manual labor job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 249x212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 249x212
Will having a manual labor job make me fit if I don't eat shit or smoke, or will it just fuck up my back?
>>
>>37302726
probably will develop imbalances and tendonitis if you dont lift shit properly

just go to a gym OP
>>
Depending on what you do, you will develop some muscles more than others. Be careful with your back and make sure you lift with your legs and engage your core. stay hydrated. your chest will probably get neglected. Eat a lot.
>>
>>37302643
no

well if u fat
>built fat

if u skelinton
>ottermode maybe
>>
>>37302726
I don't think eating shit is a good idea, Anon. I would go on a nutritous diet.
>>
>>37302750
wtf
how on earth could i possibly fug this up

anyway a meant to reply to
>>37302726
>>
>>37302732
its impossible to lift stuff properly
per day I will lift 15 to 30 tonnes although peak season 60 tonnes is possible
weights will usually be anywhere from 10kg to 30kg
I'm curious since some lads who have been there years are fat as fuck and others are still skeletor/otter mode
>>
>>37302782
>I'm curious since some lads who have been there years are fat as fuck and others are still skeletor/otter mode

Because high reps low weight is literally useless.
>>
Depends on the labor. Know builders who can run up ladders with half their weight in bricks on their back. Steel workers who have to turn sideways to get their shoulders through a doorway.

But fucking hell, guys who work making or fitting cables are the strongest people I have ever met. Forearms like hams and grips like vices.
>>
>>37302782
Diet and genetics.
>>
>>37302726
I work at ups. Not worth it.

>>37302732
Listen to this guy. My muscles are so badly imbalanced I have cosocondritis. And it's just a dirty fuckin job. But I need the money.

And there are skinny ottermodes at my job as well as blue collar plumber mode. Rare fatties prob 1-2 but they bust their asses.
>>
Having a manual labor job will make you unemployed within the next 6 months to 2 years.
>>
>>37302744
exactly this

lift anyway if you want a good physique OP, unless this manual labor you're doing involves every major muscle group in your body, which I doubt

it's great for cutting tho
>>
>>37302726
if its hard labor, like construction working, you will get bigger hands for sure (thicker, stronger)
rest of body will remain mostly the same
your endurance level will go up thou
>>
>>37304310
Highly doubt that
>>
>>37302726
Look man when i came to america i started working at a warer factory and 5 years later i still do, you're not gonna get swole as shit but you'll develop enough discipline and some level of strength so it'll give you a boost when you stary at the gym, but for the shit pay and the high risk of injury its not worth it
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>37302726
I've worked construction the last year and it has developed my forarms and core quite a bit. While I'm not super swole I went from being super weak and skinny fat to being a lot stronger and juicier. Basically you won't get that much bigger but you will get a lot stronger. Pic is me
>>
For me, I lift and move boxes, load and unload trucks. Lifting boxes at work is so different than using the barbell/dumbells. Basically the contents of very heavy boxes can be well balanced or imbalanced. You're definitely burning calories, I probably use up 800-1200 at day, perhaps more. My left side is way more developed than my right side. My back hurts like hell, but I'm convinced it's the way the tendons have developed, it's probably putting too much pressure back there. I imagine quitting and doing a proper WL/BW routine would fix a ton of shit, i know it'll take a few years.
>>
>>37302726
I'm working a manual labor job right now and I can tell you this...

It'll help your muscles tone up and you'll get stronger. I've been working for six months now and my muscles are usually tight by the end of my shift. But your body will have to get used to this change in your lifestyle which means you'll probably hate it at first. I try staying consistent with my workout days but not everything goes as plan and this definitely makes up for it.

The major muscles that gets worked up are the biceps, legs, shoulders, back, an chest. Good luck.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.