[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning self control?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 540x516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 540x516
How does one achieve/keep it in check?
>>
I never got why people like candy and cakes so much. I see a cake or some candy and I have zero cravings for it and I have to force myself to eat it because it would be the polite thing to do (work lunch).
>>
>>37302128
small shit

making your bed when you wake up
drinking diet instead of normal coke
cold shower instead of a warm one
>>
>>37302171
>drinking diet coke
>even considering normal coke

will not make it sorry anon
>>
>>37302149
that's because a lot of people are addicted to fats and sugars
>>
>>37302128
How do I stop eating so much? I meal prepped but I binged today. Is there an easy, painless way to shrink your stomach? IF maybe?
>>
>>37302191

yeah that must be it man, it couldn't be because different people like different food... haha
>>
>>37302200
try it for yourself, when you start eating that crap regularly it tastes good

when you abstain from sugary stuff for a while and then eat it it tastes like garbage
>>
>>37302128
i dont try to control myself i make decisions from an effortless, motivation-less space
>>
Self-loathing is the fuel that propels me on my journey
>>
>>37302199
don't know about shrinking, but I just eat a lot of veggies, salad, beans, rice
so basically food which is high in fibre and low in calories per weight
>>
>>37302171
>drinking diet instead of normal coke
fat mindset
>>
>>37302128
SS + GOMAD
>>
File: worm-cute-cartoon-flipped.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
worm-cute-cartoon-flipped.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>37302171
I get the others but what is the cold shower one? how tf does that improve anything
>>
File: 1452590431390.jpg (86 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1452590431390.jpg
86 KB, 640x640
>>37302236
thanks for the advice anon
>>
>>37302171
>cold shower meme
>>
>>37302199
Gradually eat less, and try intermittent fasting. Hardline no binging.
It will shrink back to normal size and you won't be as hungry but it takes time.
Depends how much you've stretched it out and how much you are used to eating.
>>
>>37302229

This among other things
>>
>>37302252
>>37302252
I wanna stick my entire head up her fucking ass
>>
>>37302199

snack on filling vegetables like broccoli and carrots
>>
>>37302266
desu i do it so my penis looks more feminine when the local priest fucks my ass
>>
>>37302282

>just the tip bby
>>
File: 1463810037005.png (209 KB, 376x502) Image search: [Google]
1463810037005.png
209 KB, 376x502
>>37302267
I'll do better tomorrow. I'm used to eating a lot more and have recently realized how shit my diet was. I'll try out IF and snacking on veggies as well. Thanks guys.
>>
>>37302128
It's an addiction to sugar/bad carbs.
You gotta quit cold-turkey for a while until veggies and similar things start tasting good, and to the point where you can't remember why you even binged on sugar in the first place.

Or at least that's what worked for me kek
>>
Focus on the immediate step ahead rather than the entire journey.

I fast two days a week, and when I was first starting out I would just say to myself 'one more hour'. Then the next hour I would be like 'may as well go another hour'.

I generally do cardio on an exercise bike that tells me calories, distance and time. This means I get caught up in three different methods of pushing myself. If I've done fifteen minutes of pretty intense cardio and it tells me I've burned 170 calories, I'll say to myself 'may as well make that an even 100', then when I push myself that bit further and I've done 8kms I'll say to myself 'may as well make that an even 10' the after I've done 10kms and I'm 23 minutes in I'll say 'may as well make that an even thirty'. Before I know it I've done an hour of pretty intense cardio and I'm sore as shit.

Focus on the positives of what you're trying to achieve and the negatives of what you're giving up. We all know the digestive torture eating junk does to you, and how generally bloated and sluggish it makes you feel. Cardio makes you feel amazing and doing more and heavier reps than you probably should gives you a dizzying high.

There's also psychological tricks like the primacy and recency effect. If I'm fasting for a day I'll have a nice plate of bacon, eggs, baked beans, sausage and toast for the breakfast that marks the beginning and end of that fast. Sometimes I even have a McDonald's breakfast. I don't allow myself those treats on non fasting days, and if I don't make it twenty-four hours I don't reward myself. Eventually you're programmed to associate fasting with a high sugar/fat breakfast.

Similarly when I go to the gym I'll finish my routine with a spa/sauna. Having worked myself to the point of exhaustion a nice spa/sauna combo feels amazing and motivates me to work myself to that point again.

That last part is also about adjusting to pain so pleasure is better. The main motivation for working is so you can enjoy play.
>>
>>37302237
This desu.

Just replace sodas with carbonated water. It keeps you hydrated and feels good drinking.

If you really need flavour squirt some lemon juice in there.
>>
>>37302334
Like, the flavor brands at walmart?

I thought fit was against sweet drinks like those?
>>
>>37302428
Just try making an iced tea at home and bringing that to work or school. Drink water or home made tea.
>>
>>37302171
>cold shower instead of a warm one
Just realized I'm never gonna make it, I always feel disgusting if I try taking a cold shower, like I need the warm shower to actually feel clean.
>>
Buy caffeine pills
Take them as soon as you wake up
Blast music in your ears
Chug a protein shake
Go stare in the mirror at your fat belly
Go run and lift until you stop feeling bad
Go stare in the mirror again
Wonder why you don't have a partner
Take it a step further
Wonder why you don't have friends
Post on 4chan to simulate talking to friends
Cry yourself to sleep
Repeat to failure
>>
>>37302428
he fucking said lemon juice.

why the fuck did you stop reading at flavor squirt you asshole
>>
>>37303860
>You forgot your maymay arrows, here >
>>
>>37303958
How are you making that sideways carrot? Mine only points up ^
>>
>>37302171
Cold showers are retarded. Do you clean your dishes with cold water?
>>
>>37303860
Hey its tomorrow looking forward to see you soon
>>
>>37304059
Leave me alone. The restraining order says you have to be 24 hours away at all times. Don't make me call the police again.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.