[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have intense sciatica in my left leg (most likely from a pinched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: th.jpg (8 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
8 KB, 225x300
I have intense sciatica in my left leg (most likely from a pinched nerve in my back). The pain has not gone away and it's been 10 weeks. What do?
>>
Had horrible sciatica for 8+ months.

You're either in it for the long haul or it should start to clear up soon.

Do's:

Be active
Keep stomach tight
Take advil sparingly
Look up yoga poses
Give it time
Use this as an opportunity to train your mind/pain tolerance

Don'ts:

No sudden movements
Avoid painful exercises
Let the pain get to you
>>
>>37298526

I had it for a while and at first I couldn't even walk right.

Just keep up activity, try not to sit for too long at once, get up slowly if you do. Deadlifts and squats helped mine tremendously to the point where unless I'm in the car for hours on end I don't have pain.
>>
>>37298550
I feel trapped. I just moved to a new city and if I walk too long (30minutes) the pain is almost unbearable.
>>
Go to a chiropractor
>>
>>37298766
No no, anon wants to fix his leg
>>
If it doesn't get better, you can try physical therapy and/or traction (google it) but if it doesn't go away, I'd highly recommend a microdiscectomy. I had it done about a year ago. Took half a day, and I'm a new man. Don't live the life of pain for too long man - it fucks with your head/emotions/well being.
>>
>>37298526
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0OwDFipPU
>>
Honestly? Go get a deep tissue massage, or see a physical therapist. Often times the cause is your lateral rotator muscles (Piriformis) getting too tight and compressing the sciatic nerve, giving that classic pain all the way down.

A PT will happily evaluate you, and give you a Rx of stretches and rolling out your muscle with a tennis ball. A good glute massage can help loosen up the whole area and will relieve the pain, or at least until the issue is further addressed.
>>
>>37299039
This, the pain will drive you mad, ot got to the point where I couldn't even sleep without taking pills, go to a doctor bro
>>
>>37298526
>keep working out
>see a chiropractor
>stretch regularly
>if you can get muscle relaxers do so the possibility that you have a muscle knot effecting the nerve is quite real
>epsom salt baths with magnesium if you can
>massage device or foam roller so you can relieve stress

realistically it probably isn't a pinched nerve from your back side.
the node leading to your disc would become irritated and you would quite obviously notice that it was back lower back pain.

I just recovered from a pinched nerve leading to one of my testicles and the sciatica nerve of my right leg due to a sports hernia that caused a huge knot at my groin.

It takes a long time, often 4+ months to heal.
You don't want to jerk your injuries, but you do want to continue working out so you can ensure your muscles are strong and flexible.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.