[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brain vs. Brawn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 29
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 500x372
I believe it's more than possible to be both really smart and get swole at the same time.
This meme is a false dichotomy and most likely proposed by jealous nerds who have nothing else but their smarts, and feel superior to everyone else.
What does /fit/ think?
Is the stereotype of the dumb strongman true?
>>
>>37296692
It is a myth.

One prof that stuck with me was my physics prof who was a punjab. Dr. Aslam was his name.

He talked about his culture that the smartest guy was always viewed as the fittest guy as well. Because if you were smart enough to exercise your mind you were smart enough to exercise your body.
>>
>>37296692
>durr jus cuz i l-l-lift don't mean i s-st-st-stooped
>>
>>37296692
You need time to do both. If you enjoy doing both, then is fine. But if not then dont expect to be swole and have brains to match The best. At The very best you will be avarage, which is worse if you really like more one thing, also there is other things in life.... so... I say manage your time with what you like, and not with what other people think is good.
>>
>>37296735
Yeah that guy sounds alright.
>>
"Mens sana in corpore sano", exercise helps you stay focused and aids short term memory.

The myth that all smart people are physically degenerate is Jewish propaganda that aims to damage western civilisation.
>>
Half the people in my STEM graduating class this year are pretty fit, some lift, some do sports. Typically they are also the better performing graduates with jobs in place for when we leave.

The skinny nerd types tend to have less plans in place for after uni.

Basically it's just salty skinny kids, like i used to be.
>>
File: 1431458479077.jpg (49 KB, 680x372) Image search: [Google]
1431458479077.jpg
49 KB, 680x372
This is OP
>>
I go to an ivy league school and the gym is filled with jacked guys and fit cardio bunnies. The dedication and work ethic required for top tier academics and a fit lifestyle are one in the same.
>>
File: Herakles.jpg (20 KB, 278x624) Image search: [Google]
Herakles.jpg
20 KB, 278x624
A healthy body corresponds to a healthy mind. The Greek Philosophers would hit the gym hard before engaging in philosophical debates.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was born with an IQ of 135. Frank Zane has a Masters in Chemistry.
>>
>>37296788
Hahahahaha i came looking fot the get recked one but this got me
>>
>>37296735
The thing is, that he seems impresive to you, but he is a nobody in The world,(not to sound rude) you can have both, but you will never be impresive in both.
>>
File: both.jpg (103 KB, 800x343) Image search: [Google]
both.jpg
103 KB, 800x343
Me IRL. Obviously not op because he is a faggot

t. I'm studying physics and have left humanity behind
>>
>>37296692
I think there is some trade off between physical and mental abilities. You cant be great at both. But you dont have to be an idiot just because you lift.
>>
It's jelly skellies and fatties trying to pretend that they have at least one thing going for them. They're so skinny/fat because they're too busy and spend all their time reading and advancing the arts and sciences to eat/put the fork down and go for a jog.

I think there is also a reluctance to accept that some men really do have it all. Look at the HEIGHT, FACE, and FRAME posters. It's become a meme just because of how much people hate it yet at the same time halo effect them.
>>
>>37296814
false.
Go to the gym for an hour before work.
Meal prep so you arent eating like shit all week.

There you go. That's the secret recipe to success in brains and gains
>>
>>37296814
you will never be impressive in either

don't pretend that you can be somebody by just "trying", managing to get into a situation where you are not a nobody is almost entirely down to luck, and if you believe otherwise you're incredibly naive

you will have a healthier mind if you have a healthy body, this is not up for debate
>>
File: SPOOKY.gif (918 KB, 453x321) Image search: [Google]
SPOOKY.gif
918 KB, 453x321
It stems from cognitive dissonance.

Generally people today think that if you're great at something, you must be deficient at other things, because otherwise you are absolutely advantaged over them, and it induces stress to acknowledge that. They would rather attack the person than permit them to be of superior ability. Notice you don't see anyone being called a polymath or any of its synonyms anymore -- because the implication that you could be of superior ability in many areas stresses the average person.
>>
>>37296814
He was happy being a professor and teaching what he loves. I can't speak for his personal life but there arent that many true educators and mentors in the world and he has a notch in his belt for both. He's accomplished more than most.
>>
>>37296692
I think fit is more The word you are searching.
You cant get a good body if you spend your time thinking about your carreer all day and not thinking about lifting, nutrition, etc, The same can be said The other way around. You can be fit and intelligent, but not "swole".
>>
The whole dichotomy was birthed by scrawny "nerds" who called the larger guys meatheads to gain a sense of superiority.

The thing is, most of said "nerds" are just social rejects. Their supposed intelligence is just as false as the implication that larger males are duller.
>>
>>37296814
That's not true at all, especially in light of the fact that if you dedicate your ENTIRE life to lifting, there's no guarantee you'll ever be competitive on the world stage in oly/plg/strongman/bb, you'll STILL be a nobody (by your standard). Similarly, you could spend your life studying in a given field and never get major recognition STILL remaining a nobody (again by your standard).

But the thread isn't about being notable on a world level, it's mostly just posing the question of whether brainsxbrawn is compatible. I know a guy that has a PhD in geophysics and deadlifts over 6pl8, I have my bachelors and pull over 4.5 with good form, so obviously people are able to balance academics and training. But again, to say "focusing on both is what disqualifies you from being notable on a global level in your field" is absurd as there's no guarantee of that in the first place if you focus on just ONE of the two. You can't speak with any confidence that what you said holds true.
>>
File: 1430277432840.jpg (403 KB, 1959x1469) Image search: [Google]
1430277432840.jpg
403 KB, 1959x1469
>>37296692
Well here's the thing, famalamamadingdong

It's really easy to workout.

You lift weights, get the hang of form, and just eat a lot.

To learn or get new skills, it takes a lot of work.

So that is the stereotype of meathead, but you can be both. Be a fucking alpha male who is talented and skilled and also buff.
>>
Nobody on this board (shit, nobody you will likely ever meet in your life) is of the 1 in a million people who specialize themselves enough to be prestigious on a single ability alone. This is dependent on plenty of things that are out of their control: genetic gifts, environmental factors, societal upbringing, etc., etc. hence why it is so rare. Personal dedication is important here, sure, but it's that among a shitload of other things.

However it's a lot more feasible for the average person to develop multiple skills into an effective and adaptable package. This is only a test of willpower. This is why normies get upset. Ever notice how brain v. brawn is usually the argument posed by people who practice neither of these things?
>>
File: gray.jpg (28 KB, 300x358) Image search: [Google]
gray.jpg
28 KB, 300x358
>>37296692
He does more teaching than reaearch but still
>>
Dr oliver sacks held the californian state powerlifting record for a while, and his essays are worldfamous

Yukio Mishima won bodybuilding contests before his seppuku, and his philosophical works are similarly well-received
>>
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."

- Socrates
>>
>>37296692

Sleep 8 hours.
Work 8 hours.
work out 2 hours.
Read 2 hours.

That still gives you 4 hours a day to do whatever you want. why would this be hard?
>>
>>37296814

>he's not famous
>so he's a nobody

Found someone who needs brain exercise.
>>
>>37296821
>Got on my level
>I'm studying
lol. Soon you will graduate to shit kicker coffee bitch!
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-28-13-23-39.png (142 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-28-13-23-39.png
142 KB, 720x1280
>>37296821
>studying physics
>studying
>physics
>thinks he's left anything behind
>>
File: 1455839251714.png (105 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1455839251714.png
105 KB, 512x512
>>37297184

Cooking, Dishes, Laundry, Cleaning. You know, the stuff women are supposed to do but don't do anymore. Oh and socializing.
>>
>>37296692
Dolph Lundgren has a masters in biochem
>>
>>37297021
You're right to a degree, I suppose.

Working out is easy to those who do it often, similarly, people who are adept in certain fields - say physics, would find things such as equations easy. Neither of these things are really exclusive given enough practice.

Just my 2c anyway.
>>
>>37296867
Who would count as a modern day polymath? Who is our Da Vinci?
>>
>>37297319
Scooby
>>
>>37296692
T R I G G E R E D
R
I
G
E
R
E
D
>>
there is no reason for them to be mutually exclusive, other than nerds telling each other than smart > strength in order to feel good despite the fact they were bullied by the muscular quarterback in high school.
>>
File: mao.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mao.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
Remember lads, civilise the mind, but make savage the body.
>>
>>37296692
I'm swole (enough to be >the fitness guy that everyone asks for lifting advice) and also go to Harvard (not as a recruited athlete, accepted for academic and musical abilities)

The dichotomy is bullshit, as illustrated by the joocy roidmonster law students who use the same gym as me.
>>
>>37296692

There are numerous studies that show regular weight lifting and exercise increases blood flow, small blood vessel count, oxygenation, etc of the brain.I'm not saying it would inherently make you smarter but it sure beats sitting around doing nothing reading a book and laughing at all those idiots in the gym who went to go workout and then study.

Well rounded > Specialized
>>
Intelligence, height, attractiveness, and probably a bunch of other positive traits are positively correlated. A lot of robots were born robots, stupid, short ugly, and with awful parents. The only reason this stereotype is still around is because "nerds" (not actually smart people, buzzfeed, lol im so nerdy people) want to feel better about the bad posture, pudgy face, pudgy body and pudgy brains.
>>
>>37296692
Honestly, a lot of the smartest people in the world tend to be low key, and if that's not possible, they generally present themselves to us as idiots, jesters, or meat heads.

Take Arnold for example, do you honestly believe he isn't secretly fucking brilliant despite the fact he presents himself in his movies as this dumb muscle head? One doesn't just immigrate to another country where you barely speak the language, become famous, star in movies, marry royalty, attain public office, and even distract yourself yet still win the public back by being of even normal intelligence. Sure you can say "oh he's lucky", but this guys been "lucky" for 40+ years, and if that's not skill, discipline, and secret intelligence, than what is?

This same logic applies to other folks like Jackie Chan, Conan O'Brien, Seth MacFarlane, Justin Timberlake, Jimmy Fallon, etc., every single one of them are fit and yet smart enough to only be fabulously rich and famous but also realize they shouldn't portray themselves as smart to us the general public because, if they did, we would feel threatened.
>>
File: 1452834809217.png (423 KB, 524x485) Image search: [Google]
1452834809217.png
423 KB, 524x485
>>37297246

>he's one of those "mathematics is the most pure science" autists

don't make eye contact, kids
>>
>>37297319
No one is going to want to be identified that way with tall poppy syndrome running rampant. You would only make yourself a target for attack.

There are people that exercise, study mathematics and other topics, and make millions in financial services and have absolutely no interest in their life or name being brought to light in public because being all-encompassingly successful hasn't been venerated since the baby boom. There's a somewhat clandestine event called the wall street decathlon, which is basically only advertised internally to raise money for charity -- because if they ever advertised it publicly that smart, wealthy, powerful people were also in terrific shape there would be riots.
>>
>>37297667
>got called out for being a stupud and arrogant undergrad
>hurr I'll call him autistic
Silly freshman
>>
>>37296692
>Is the stereotype of the dumb strongman true?
The fact that you're actually posting this shit thread is starting to convince me it's true.
Fucking idiot, why would you even waste this board's time on something so asinine?
>>
>>37297184
If you work and lift at home maybe
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkxfHfP7Ka4
suck it jocks
>>
File: 1361488880754.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1361488880754.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
>>37297143
>Xenophon Socrates
>>
>>37296782
>Jewish propaganda
>>>/pol/
>>
Guys who are literal geniuses are usually literally autistic too and thus cannot see why looking good would be useful
>>
>>37298661
This is not true
>>
>>37298661
this is true
>>
>>37298661
This is literally the dumbbest thing ever.

Take a walk around a HYPSM school and you'll see smart, fit, sexy as fuck students everywhere. Very few fatties at a top universities. Some people are simply better than others as a result of their talent/hard work.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 600x744) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 600x744
>>37298661
The autistic savant is rarer than you think. The true geniuses have amazing social acuity and are charismatic as fuck to to go with their intellect. Less than 5% of autistic have the skills like rain man.
>>
YURY VLASOV
U
R
Y

V
L
A
S
O
V
>>
>>37296735
Jack of all trades is a master of none.
>>
>>37298748
Sorry, I meant 10%

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677584/#!po=0.381679
>>
>>37298776
Oh yeah? Why can people hold More than one MASTER degrees in unrelated fields?
>>
File: 1450254466471.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450254466471.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>>37298661
Only exceptional geniuses (i.e. Perelman, Euler etc.) can afford to act like autists and be taken seriously. For other moderately smart to intelligent people we have to be able to socialize, since we need to collaborate with colleagues and new people to make breakthroughs.
>>
>>37297259
Wait, you don't trade off with your girlfriend on who does what?
>>
>>37298810
>Master degree makes you a master in anything.
nice try
>>
>>37296692
There is a good association with being a fit healthy individual and being intelligent.
>>
>>37298776
So what you're saying is, we must become a king of all trades, a master of all.
>>
>>37298776
Jesus christ. Just do SS or Madcow 3 days a week. Dont eat like a pig.

Read a lot, do your fucking work and profit.
>>
File: 1450914163049.png (148 KB, 372x503) Image search: [Google]
1450914163049.png
148 KB, 372x503
>>37297319
No one can be a polymath to the extent of the ancients. There had been so much specialization throughout the ages that it takes 4 years postgrad to just learn everything you need to start your own research in one extremely small area of mathematics or physics. The closest you're gonna get would be people like Von Neumann, Poincare, Grothendieck, John Nash, etc. who's made a number of significant contributions to many relevant fields of math/physics.

There are "recent" mathematicians who do have a working knowledge of things outside of math, like Helmholtz and Euler, who both did some work in acoustics and music theory.
>>
>>37298899
>missing the point
Thinking isn't your thing, keep lifting.
>>
>>37298776
>Not wanting to be a renaissance man
Why limit yourself to one thing?
>>
File: 1463593613132.jpg (24 KB, 393x386) Image search: [Google]
1463593613132.jpg
24 KB, 393x386
>>37298855
>girlfriend
Where do you think you are friendo?
>>
>>37297810
Is everything ok anon?
Do you want to talk to us about something?
>>
>>37298776
But often times better than a master of one

Don't forget the other half
>>
>>37298776
but better than one
>>
>>37298819
Not entirely
The worst party one can attend is one of mostly grad students, they have little else they know but their field, and even then I only a very particular bit of that field. Knowledge a mile deep, but an inch wide.
Academic advancement involves a good degree of specialization these days, so it's not surprising.
>>
Specialization is for insects.

I've got a 3.9 in engineering school & work out 3x a week. I haven't made it, but I'm making steady progress. And I'm a single dad. And I still find leisure time. Limited, but I make it.
>>
Grecian Ideal lad

we have plenty of time, work on everything

does an hour of gym time 4 times a week really hurt? people act like it's a huge commitment
>>
File: crashke.webm (670 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
crashke.webm
670 KB, 426x240
>>37299670
>single dad
>making it
>>
File: 1454386424235.gif (421 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1454386424235.gif
421 KB, 480x270
>>37299670
>can't even manage a 4.33 in engineering """""""school"""""""
>making it
>>
>>37296828
Wrong
>>
>>37297319

Lead singer of iron maiden is a polymath.

Bruce dickinson

Fencer, singer, writer, musician, entrepreneur, pilot etc etc
>>
>>37296692
Yes, of course it's true. Test is a hard cap for IQ, look it up.
>>
>>37296782
>"Mens sana in corpore sano"
Iuvenal actually thought athletes were dumb, that's why he advised people to pray for brains alongside strong bodies. That's were the proverb comes from.

Of course, as a dumb meathead, you can't know that.
>>
>>37296860
>you will have a healthier mind if you have a healthy body, this is not up for debate
Written on a board full of autists and schizophrenics.
>>
>>37296692
I'm currently working for the university doing a ph.d in astrophysics and I've been lifting for 2 years now (left dyel mode at least 1 year ago for normie standards).
I realize that you can be a ph.d and fucking stupid - to an extent.
But desu my goal in life is to prove that you can have both the looks and the brains. Be a living "in your face" counter argument for weak and lazy people who take the fact that they read a little as an excuse to have an utterly shitty body, and for the other extreme, ie the meathead stereotype.
>>
File: 000.png (21 KB, 244x263) Image search: [Google]
000.png
21 KB, 244x263
>its all a myth! DEDICATION and WILLPOWER guys! im so smart! Its definitely a conscious decision to get fit and you have to be SMART to make it. theyre just jealous!
how can you be so incredibly insecure?
Of course the stereotype has a point, just like most stereotypes.
Is it a strong relation? No
Is it possible to have both? Obviously
Will growth in one area mean reduction in the other? Of course not.
>>
>>37297806
i'm always curious how elitists like you act in real life. every pure mathematician i've ever met has been a sniveling autist with clear signs of autism, but i've let it go because you clearly appreciate maths on a level i can't as an engineer. but yet there's such a huge amount of hostility towards non-mathematicians on 4chan and /sci/. why does this happen? is it because if you act like an elitist in real life you're laughed out of the room due to your many other shortcomings, so this is the only place you can vent?
>>
>>37297667
You know how I can detect a physics pleb miles away?
They think math is a science.
Nah, your shitty science uses math a fuckton. But you're still a science and math is being used by science - which makes math an abstraction higher than your regular brainlet field.

If you know about ladders, which I assume you have then you can see it this way.
Abstraction ladder:
---Math----
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
-Physics-
----shit-----
---END----
Everything else.

You should be glad I consider your pleb tier feces flinging pursuit even on the ladder.
You should be glad that you're not on the ground like everyone else.
Now go back to your shit flinging and sit the fuck down.
>>
>>37298776
and yet being a true master in any field is out of the reach of the majority of the population, including you.
>>
File: 1330688008811.jpg (12 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1330688008811.jpg
12 KB, 251x251
>>37296692
Moral of this picture:
>they BOTH look deformed
>>
>>37303822
>calls out some arrogant faggot who thinks he's not another meathead for just studying physics
>hurr you must be elitist
Defensive much? Good job affirming the insecure stereotype as well.
>>
>>37296867
You cant be a polymath professionallly im afraid.
The economy is too specialised for that now
>>
>>37297319
Dolph Lundgren
>>
>>37297782
I doubt that.
Its basically a jew get together
>>
File: 1464172859383.jpg (6 KB, 487x423) Image search: [Google]
1464172859383.jpg
6 KB, 487x423
>>37302772
But only the healthiest of autists and schizophrenics
>>
>>37298776
Not exactly all trades, just 2 things
>>
>>37296814
Are you euphoric?
>>
>>37298776
Myth nigga.
Myth to anyone who lives in the age of the internet where you can do fucking anything.
>>
File: Smsm84.jpg (562 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Smsm84.jpg
562 KB, 1440x2392
Just got my bs in physics, going to grad school to get PhD in geophysics. I know plenty of nerds who are skinny as fuck and others who are swole. Who cares
>>
people like to forget about hormones and how the chemistry inside of your head also determines your mental health and therefore braingains
there's a reason why every therapy when it comes to depression advices doing sports
being active keeps you in a positive hormone balance which then leads to happyness, energy and the will for accomplishment
I don't want to imply that lifting will make you smarter. But being a happy person willing to learn something new everyday does
>>
>>37296692
it's called med school
>>
>>37296692

Most people aren't smart, so most people actually believe the just world hypothesis or something similar to it. These people operate under the assumption that everyone has some sort of deficit, as if life is like allocating stats in an RPG. 'If you have five to strength' their incomprehensibly deficient brain tells them 'then you must take five from intelligence/charm/penis length'
>>
>>37296692
IQ is genetic. If you're born stupid, you will always be stupid.
Sure, studying and learning will make you a bit smarter, but not to the same extent that training can make you stronger and fitter.

Is it possible to play both at the highest intellectual level and the highest physical level? I.E. Being an olympian AND win the nobel prize in physics? Probably not.

But can you be really fit and really smart? Sure. You can get really fit by spending 1-2 hours exercising every day. And if you have the intellectual capacity, eating healthy, organizing your time and training right is obviously a lot easier.
>>
>>37296692
I see an image like this and all it reads is "don't have any white babies, goyim!'
>>
Most roiders seems dumb as shit. So does the average serious gym goer. By most smart people i know work out but that doesn't mean all people who work out are smart.
>>
Truly smart people are always swole (or really hot if theyre bitches) because they have the intelligence to realize the benefits of keeping their bodies in a fit state is worth the time and invest time into doing so regardless if they like it or not.
>>
File: 1463058966859.jpg (29 KB, 393x394) Image search: [Google]
1463058966859.jpg
29 KB, 393x394
>>37298691
>>37298698
>>
File: 1456027318575.jpg (31 KB, 367x470) Image search: [Google]
1456027318575.jpg
31 KB, 367x470
>>37296692

It should be without having to even mention that this stereotype isn't true

But when I think of the cancerous 'gym culture' that is ever so present in social media/stupid clothing brands and scam products it can make it seem true in a way. It's kind of like a ego filled humble brag mindset that you see a lot of these sponsered instagram whores toting around, fuckin sucks
>>
File: 20151114_221730.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20151114_221730.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>37298661
Not necessarily autistic. But really smart people often suffer from drug addiction and depression. Though not always.
>>
it's false, I study IT and some of my classmates are pretty ripped and get good grades.
>>
>>37298776
Jack of all trades, master of some
But seriously, I am aiming for MASTER OF ALL
>>
>>37304836
You're muscles can't make up for the fact that you're 5'5 mate
>>
>>37305244
Hi Mike
>>
File: 1463399813757.png (454 KB, 541x525) Image search: [Google]
1463399813757.png
454 KB, 541x525
>>37305488
So you're aiming to be dilettante
>>
The more time you invest in your studies or in your career, the less time you have to lift/hit the gym/etc.

Of course you can strike up a balance, but there is always a tradeoff.

A college athlete might be brilliant, but 9 times out of 10 they do not get anywhere near the education they would if they were not an athlete.
>>
>>37305602
"master of all" implies I'll have professional knowledge of all fields including the arts. I'm not settling for mediocrity
>>
>be computer programmer
>lift
Pretty good at both, only thing that sucks is my social life.
>>
>>37305704
ayy my fellow /g/ bro. I'd be friends with you and we could lift and program some open source project together
>>
>>37298776
This is actually how that full phrase goes
"Jack of all trades, master of none,though oftentimes better than master of one."
>>
>>37303832
I have a bs in math and physics and a ms in math. This may be the dumbest statement on this topic I have ever read. No professional academics actually think like this. Many collaborate across the two fields and so they know firsthand how intelligent their peers are in the other department. Any rivalry that gets played up is mostly bants (like which group gets to claim Newton)
>>
>>37306152
Oh really? What did you research for your master's thesis?
>doesn't understand that it's bantz all the way down
>>
>>37305531
better to be swole manlet than skinny manlet
>>
>>37304949
It's not that iq is set in stone. It's more that people who start out with a strong iq are rewarded in activities that require a higher iq and thus they don't write off there intelligence potential. People who start dumb give up on intellectual pursuits early in life and never get better at it.

Iq can be increased through regimented training similarly to increasing strength (though the mechanism is different)
>>
File: 1418529885420.jpg (50 KB, 460x613) Image search: [Google]
1418529885420.jpg
50 KB, 460x613
>>37296692
I go to a university with almost only STEM degrees, my university is consequently almost all male. With that, most people at my university are also ROTC, everyone except the "outcast school shooter crowd autists" are /fit/.
>>
>>37303832
I'm a math bachelor currently getting my masters and I can GUARANTEE that this guy is in high school and never studied high level math nor physics
>>
>>37296782
Truth
>>
>>37306176
Knot theory
>>
>>37306415
Nice. What did you find interesting about it? I've encountered knot theory in Chern-Simons theory and it's by far the least interesting part of Wilson loop quantization.
>>
>>37298776
Renaissance men existed. Actually lots of people all over the world had multiple talents back in the day.
>>
>>37306526
I didn't know it was used for that but doesn't surprise me since quantum physics uses alot of generalized group theory.

I didn't really find it thar interesting I just wanted my piece of paper
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.