[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Form Critique Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1464034186168.jpg (75 KB, 500x709) Image search: [Google]
1464034186168.jpg
75 KB, 500x709
Please critique my baby weight squat form
>>
>>37292893
forgot video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJn_ARQM9Ug&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>37292893
>>37292896
buttwink/10

look it up and fix it
>>
File: 125kg.webm (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
125kg.webm
1 MB, 960x540
Well guys what do you think
>>
>>37292896
Get your elbows down more instead of pointing straight back. You don't have to have them pointing straight down as you aren't doing a high bar squat, but still could be much better.
Widen your stance a little bit and get your knees out more because you have very long legs.
It's hard to see because of the loose t-shirt, but if you're beginning with an anterior tilt in your pelvic then that's probably the cause of your buttwink. Make sure to posteriorly tilt your pelvic and keep it in that position as you decend.

>>37293083
You ass shoots up. Seen worse, but still. Try to create more tension in your hamstrings before you pull, and try to think about pulling yourself through the floor instead of lifting the weight up.
>>
>>37293263
Alright thanks man. Should I deload until I fix the form or can it be fixed without lowering weight? Deadlift guy here btw.
>>
>>37293394
It's never a good idea to use limit weights when tweaking form, but I don't think you have to deload by a lot.
>>
>>37292893
Elbows under the bar holy shit
>>
>>37293083
like everyone else you should read SS. it's obvious that you're placing the bar too far forward instead of over the middle of your foot, probably because you think your back angle is supposed to be more vertical than it actually should. your ass doesn't shoot up because a "lack of tension" or whatever the guy above is talking about, but because the bar won't leave the floor before it's over the middle of your foot. you'll see that it comes back towards you and your back angle becomes more horizontal before the actual pull happens. if you set up correctly you would have been in that position from the start.
>>
>>37293482
>but because the bar won't leave the floor before it's over the middle of your foot
I've heard this before, but it's not really a reason, is it? I mean, some of the explanation is missing here. Why does the butt shoot up because the barbell is 1 cm too far out?
Not saying you're necessarily wrong, I just don't see how that works.
>>
>>37293482
I used to do it with the bar really close but it was tearing up my shins so I moved it forward a bit. Do I just have to suck it up and say goodbye to my shins?
>>
>>37293543
Your hips shoot up because you're applying the hip draaahve without the bar being in the optimal position for the force you're generating to move it.

For maximum force to be applied to the weight, the weight has to be directly above the centre of mass for the system (i.e. your body and the barbell.) In the case of the squat, that means mid foot.

If the bar is too far forward, when you drive up with the hips and legs, the initial part of the upward force you're generating won't be applied to the bar - it's effectively 'wasted.' Not to mention your knees will end up taking much more of the strain than they should, which will be a big problem at heavier weights.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.