[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He fell for the "shower every day meme" It causes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 12
>He fell for the "shower every day meme"

It causes your body to dry out, and then produce more oil than you naturally do. Which forces you to shower more. Trapping you in a cycle of over washing.

It varies somewhat, but you can be clean by bathing as little as twice a week.

1. Replace all your harsh soaps with stuff that's milder and better for your skin. You probably don't want to cowash but at least change to a sulphate-free shampoo. Invest in a good conditioner.

2. When you get out of the shower, apply moisturizer while you skin is still damp (not soaking. Dry yourself a bit. )

3. If you don't use one already, make sure your deodorant contains an antiperspirant. Apply before you go to bed in addition to in the morning (and after you bathe).

4. You will still have to wash your face daily. I like browsing r/skincareaddiction, they recommend washing with just water and applying moisturizer in the morning, and then a mild cleanser and moisturizer before bed.

5. Your skin and hair will have to adjust. Don't jump in the shower as soon as you get greasy. Maybe plan your non-shower days for when you don't have to go out.
>>
>>37292531
>i like browsing reddit
i bet you do
>>
>>37292531
Fuck off yuropoor
>>
>>37292531

Ask me how I know you haven't worked a day in your life
>>
>>37292590
Stop always telling people to ask you questions you fag
>>
>>37292531

normal person get lost
>>
>>37292531
wash yourself daily you dirty basement dwelling asshole
>>
>>37292590

This. Anyone who sweats all day and comes home covered in grease and dirt showers everyday.

Grab a couple bars of grandpa's pine tar soap and use it on everything. Fuck moisturiser. Fuck sunscreen. Fuck shampoos and conditioners. Theyre all estrogen stuffed shit cocktails.

Just a bar of pine soap on your head, body and face and you're good to go. This is coming from a guy who used to have dandruff and oily skin too.
>>
>>37292531
I bet Ur white. White people always unclean.
>>
>>37292531
You probably smell like shit

Do you even lift?
>>
I never use shampoo anymore because it destroys your hair.
>>
>redditor is a greasy-ass neckbeard
color me surprised
you might as well fall for the "no shampoo" meme
>>
>>37292644
>white people
>unclean

Choose 1
>>
>Pantera
Dropped you racist swine
>>
>>37292733
Mfw I fell for the no shampoo and conditioner meme for a long time.

Never again.
>>
>>37292531
>t. NEET
>>
>>37292642

Oh fuck me I love that soap but I cannot justify spending $5 for a bar. I just can't.
>>
>>37292798
i fell for it too
my hair must have smelled like fucking shit goddam
>>
>>37292642
that thing is expensive bro
>>
>>37292784
lol fuck off you dark skinned nigger pajeet looking ass spic.
>>
>>37292876
Suck my dick Phil you fat nazi
>>
>>37292573
Americans are dirtier. You niggas dont even trim you armpits and balls.
>>
>>37292531
Come on OP, do you really want some impressionable autist to fall for this and make themselves even more repulsive?
>>
File: peasants.jpg (22 KB, 398x219) Image search: [Google]
peasants.jpg
22 KB, 398x219
>>37292772
>implying bathing hasn't gone in and out of style in white countries
>implying stinky hippies and smelly unwashed weeb populations aren't comprised mostly of whites
>implying that in the east and even savages in the new world didn't bathe in fresh water regularly
>>
>>37292772
the plague wouldn't have spread as much as it did if they weren't so filthy.
>>
>>37292531
I hope no one ever has to suffer you in the future.
>>
>I don't work out and I've never worked hard in my life the thread

You smell OP and everyone around you can smell it. Even if you don't exert yourself you smell, and if someone touched you, you'd feel gross and greasy.

Everyone I know that doesn't shower everyday or every other day (and more) smells terrible. And anti perspirant is a retarded suggestion when it clogs your pores and your underlying point is to not do that though you're too stupid to realize it
>>
>>37292642
>>37292822
What's the appeal of pine soap?? Never heard of it and just started to google it but haven't come across an unbiased review yet.
>>
God some people on here are stupid.

PLEASE SHOWER EVERY DAY. Especially if you are going to the gym or doing any physical activity. You will smell like shit.
>>
>>37292822
>>37292873

It's pricey when you look at it as a bar of soap buy when you replace your shampoo, conditioner, face wash and shaving cream with that one $5 bar the cost isn't so bad.

You can get it cheaper from different brands or even make your own.
>>
>>37292642
>>37292940
>>37293030
>>37292984
Are you not reading? You're oily because you shower too much. Society and commercial products scare us into over showering. It's a waste of water, and bad for your skin.

If you bathe less, with less harsh soap, you produce LESS oil. Your body WANTS you to have a covering of oil, which soaps remove entirely. Your body then panics and says it has to produce more oil to compensate.

You still wash if you get sweaty or exercise. And deoderant should be applied daily.

But if you're just laying around the house you likely don't need to shower. Most people can easily adjust to every other day showering. Or even less. Change gradually. Try it.
>>
>>37292531
If you genuinely thought you were clean you would go out on a "non shower day"

Filthy pelbian.
>>
>>37293088
Oil is not the only thing your body produces. There is sweat and all kinds of smaller dirt parts that get on your skin during the day.
Yes, you can use deodorant on your armpit and feet, but
>You still wash if you get sweaty or exercise.
the rest of your body still produces sweat - even if you're not working or exercising, for example when you're asleep. You can't not sweat, even if it's a little bit, and those little bits add up during 24-48 hours and smell regardless
>>
>>37293088
The people who do this don't realize how greasy their skin and hair are. Plus they smell.

My brother does this out of laziness and so does his materialistic girlfriend. I wouldn't call them clean, nor do they look clean, smell clean, or feel.

So much better
>>
File: drbron.jpg (129 KB, 960x515) Image search: [Google]
drbron.jpg
129 KB, 960x515
who here /drbronners/
>>
>>37292531
I shower every two days

it's the smartest thing to do
>>
>>37293277
Ayy I do but I use it to mix with neem oil for muh tomatoes
>>
>>37292531
>>37293088
Of all my years of living, I have not met a single person who doesn't shower everyday.
I met this one indian girl who took baths but didn't use soap or anything.... her and her whole house was pretty smelly though
>>
>>37292531
I've dropped a lot of habits for the bodies natural fix (shampoo for example) but not showering daily is where I draw the line.

I feel disgusting and greasy on days I don't shower.
>>
File: CiUQ1JtVAAA7e_j.jpg (38 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CiUQ1JtVAAA7e_j.jpg
38 KB, 600x450
>>37293220

>shower about once a week
>never get any remarks about my hygiene because I don't do a lot of excersizing
>shampoo and conditioner with dollar a bottle shit.
>hair is flawless, skin is soft, hair is thick.
shit is EZ. literally being lazy is the way to go.
>>
>>37292531
Well, I sweat like a mofo and fuck literally every day. So I really have to shower daily.
>>
>>37293088
lol, you talk as if people shower every hour. Im pretty sure if your body can adapt to no shower then it can adapt to showering once a day you dumb shit.
>>
>>37293343
>literally being lazy is the way to go

more like

>literally just start summer and have about a month before i got back to the 6th grade
>>
>>37292531
>Maybe plan your non-shower days for when you don't have to go out.
>when you don't have to go out
>damn when the fuck do I get a day like that
>>
>>37293408
>this
This board sometimes is ridicolous; filled with people who go out like once a month and try everything they can to look best in that day.
I work 8 hour a day, get in the office by bike, goes to the gym every other day and fuck with gf everyday, going out for dinner or drink very often and sharing bed with gf at night.
if you really think it's possibile to not shower once or twice a day you must be a neet. Buy some fucking hydrating cream skin, apply it after shower, use as much as natural products and stop with these bullshit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (77 KB, 1240x923) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
77 KB, 1240x923
>>37293292
Yeah I said this when the autist posted the same thread on r9k but he kept arguing with me for no reason.
>>
>>37292531
>Maybe plan your non-shower days for when you don't have to go out

stopped reading there
>>
>>37292644
The worst smelling white people I've ever come across still smell better than the best smelling niggers and pajeets
>>
I can somewhat believe this

During exam times my personal routine goes to shit, but the benefit is that i shower less than normal. My dry skin and eczema problems go away the longer i go without a shower

same can be said of when i go to music festivals. after 6 days of no showering + sunlight and all that jazz, skin looks fucking glowing
>>
>>37292531
I would PANTEAR that pussy apart.
>>
These posts always piss me off. I'm not some grease bucket, I'm slim etc But after about two days my hair starts getting oily and I feel gross. If you have thin hair and don't sweat a lot go for it.
>>
>>37292531
>>37293088

Bullshit.

While I was NEETing my life away i used to shower only twice a week for years. My hair was a mess with dandruff and i could probably fry chicken on my skin with so much oil. I even went further and showered just once every 15 days for a while, it was pretty bad.
I'm talking a period of almost 7 years doing this shit.

My skin only got better when i changed hot showers for lukewarm showers and started taking 5-10 minutes showers daily.

The only thing you're right about is
>Invest in a good conditioner.
>When you get out of the shower, apply moisturizer while you skin is still damp
>If you don't use one already, make sure your deodorant contains an antiperspirant. Apply before you go to bed in addition to in the morning
>You will still have to wash your face daily

Don't use shampoo every day, my dandruff disappeared when i started shampooing every other day, on the days off i just use a good conditioner.
>>
>>37292644
I bet you wipe your ass with your left hand, don't you...
>>
>>37292531
found the unwashed neckbeard

nice girl though
>>
>>37292927
Nigga what? My balls are pristine smooth and my pits a manageable length.
>>
>>37292531
Fuck off Pajeet
>>
If you're showering every day then you're not training hard enough
>>
File: 1464059383337.jpg (9 KB, 250x196) Image search: [Google]
1464059383337.jpg
9 KB, 250x196
How do you talk to women?
>>
>>37292531
jesus fucking christ this is exactly why I hate europeans who visit our country they smell worse than fucking pajeet in the gym. pajeet smells like fucking curry while europeans smell like sweat and body odor especially when you ride public transport.

at least americans have the decency to shower everyday but jesus fucking christ you europeans are disgusting and this is coming from a third world dweller fucking bathe everyday you disgusting fuck
>>
I work a manual labor job. When I come home, I'm dirty, smelly and feel disgusting. I'll stick to showering twice a day
>>
>>37292772
white people are literally the smelliest fuckers in our country and I live in a third world country europeans are the worst when it comes to hygiene.

even tribes and hobo's have the decency to fucking bathe in the river for fucks sake lad
>>
You should use a facial scrub rather than soap or shower gel if you want to preserve some natural oil in your skin and prevent acne.

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now.

After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
>>
File: 1434040101349.jpg (62 KB, 665x598) Image search: [Google]
1434040101349.jpg
62 KB, 665x598
>>37294719
>>
>>37294759
i actually made a trip to france last year and the dude sitting next to me had the most bitter smelling pits ever. I can't believe i sat through that shit
>>
>>37293088
If I don't wash myself after working out I'll get a 10th grade level acne breakout all over my neck and back.

Plus I spend several hours a day hunched over industrial detergent and trays full of grease. You can't not wash that shit off every day.
>>
File: 1410361883693.jpg (106 KB, 400x529) Image search: [Google]
1410361883693.jpg
106 KB, 400x529
>>37292531

>Don't jump in the shower as soon as you get greasy.

jesus you must be disgusting

kys my man tbqh senpai lads
>>
>>37294819
jesus christ you just verbatim copied patrick bateman with no quotations and tried to play it off as your own. autism detected
>>
>>37293724
I've got thin hair and tried the "wash it every other day" meme, it looked like I was balding because it got all shiny and matted after just a day. Even if I wash it at night and hit the gym in the morning I usually wear a beanie because it's so gross-looking after being slept on.
I've probably got oilier hair than most and I'm sure some people can get away with every other day but I'm still convinced it's a trick to make people look disgusting for a few days before they realize they've been had
>>
Fuck off faggot. You posted the same shitty bait in /r9k/ this morning. Either that or your harvesting (you)s like that faggot you are. Either/or, fuck off.
>>
>>37294942
Sorry m8, but you failed to realize that it was a joke and you're probably an aspie.
>>
>>37292531
All that text and not a single source
>>
>>37294942
It's posted in nearly every skin/hair care thread, you candy-ass
>>
>>37292531
I hate this meme.

>smell like you haven't showered in 2 days at all times because if you shower every day you'll smell worse after going 2 days without showering

If you can't even motivate yourself to wash everyday you're never going to make it.
>>
Shower after you sweat for whatever reason. I'd think (hope) most serious /fit/izens are working out daily when they can so just use gentle, moisturizing soap and non-drying shampoo/conditioner. The 'shower less' idea is ok I guess for NEETS or office workers who don't work out much and just hang out in air conditioned places?
>>
>>37292642
literally hipster: the post
>>
>>37294942
back2reddit

lurk more
>>
File: 1457561106910.jpg (62 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1457561106910.jpg
62 KB, 690x460
>>37292531
>I like browsing r/skincareaddiction

And you opinion is now worthless.
>>
>>37292590
This
>>
>>37293088
I remember when I was falling for the /nopoo/ meme. Then I realized my hair and skin looked fucking gross and I stank
>>
>>37293747
>If you don't use one already, make sure your deodorant contains an antiperspirant. Apply before you go to bed in addition to in the morning

dont fucking do this for fucks sake
antiperspirants contain aluminium-salts which basically completely block your pores so you don't sweat

this is extremely bad for you skin and you should use antiperspirant only if you can't avoid it
>>
>>37294955
I had the same thing, greasy hair after one day. If I didn't shower right before bed I'd have it every morning. The longer my hair the worse it got, so it was alright right after a haircut.
It stopped being so bad after I went on Accutane though. I guess it killed a good amount of the oil production up there too, so it takes longer for it to become greasy now. It was an unexpected but welcome side effect.
>>
>>37293277
peppermint masterrace
>>
>>37293088
fuck, this actually makes sense. I always shower my arms at least, and they have a lot of pimples on my body
>>
>dont use soaps, theyre harsh
>use an antiperspirent tho!

Kill yourself
>>
You are not going to post this high test qt in a pantera shirt and not tell us her name.
>>
>>37294819
I see what you did here. Thank you, thank you good sir.
>>
>>37293333
>>37293277
>>37295083
I thought these were just organic shampoos wtf else do you use it for.
>>
>your body wants more oil
>the oil bacteria thrive in

Have fun with your acne bros. I'll take my slightly dryer skin and clear complexion, without smelling like ass.
>>
>>37295151
I'm not kidding when I tell you that you can replace basically every soap and cleaning product in your house with this stuff

laundry, soap, shampoo, floor cleaner, sink cleaner, shower cleaner, some people even use it in lieu of toothpaste
>>
File: 1463514145810.jpg (843 KB, 2346x2946) Image search: [Google]
1463514145810.jpg
843 KB, 2346x2946
>>37295105
>wants to have wrinkled skin by 35

I'd tell you to kill yourself, but you're clearly already handling that.
>>
>>37295199

>missing my point this bad

I'd tell you to kill yourself but your brain is clearly handling that.
>>
>>37295173
Excuse you. So I can clean my toilet and swig some as mouthwash? Can I season my chicken breasts with this aswell?
>>
>>37295276
actually, yes, it's like 70% olive oil
>>
>>37295313
Doc pls...
>>
>>37295134
Thank you le epic sir xd you made my le day hats off to you sir
>>
>>37293747
WTF is wrong with your skins, sempais... I used to spend 15 days without showering and my skin was never "oily". Maybe my hair, but never my skin.
>>
File: mQuuHhB.jpg (186 KB, 1071x1620) Image search: [Google]
mQuuHhB.jpg
186 KB, 1071x1620
>>37295258
>hurr durr kill yourself

Great argument d00d. Enjoy the skin cancer :^)
>>
>>37295391
you, i like you
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.