[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rest days. Is an AxBxA vital, or could I get away with an ABxAB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1396434845285.gif (1010 KB, 350x264) Image search: [Google]
1396434845285.gif
1010 KB, 350x264
Rest days. Is an AxBxA vital, or could I get away with an ABxAB without injury and sadness?
>>
I did PPLxPPL for two years untill I fucked up enough vital tendons to keep me from ever going into a PPL routine again. If your body can handle it do it, else stick to AxBxAxx - BxAxBxx
>>
>>37289718
Yeah, I'm taking a rest day too. I want to be at the gym everyday but I don't want to destroy myself.
>>
>>37289718
That's fine depending on the routine and your adaptation to more volume and frequency.
>>
ABABxABABxABAB ect
>>
>>37289718
>he doesn't life everyday
confirmed never gonna make it
>>
>>37289718
I work out 4 days straight with 3 rest days in between each session. Every body part is hit twice in the week, with volume on the first day and heavy on the second, the sole exception being deadlifts which I do only on my last day.
I'm rarely sore, but still see constant progression. My deadlift went from 405x3 in Feb to 455x5 just last week. If I didn't get my weekly rest it wouldn't be possible for me to achieve this as quickly without juicing.
>>
>>37289718
Find something else to do on test days. Like Cardio or some sport or something.
>>
You should be lifting heavy enough to be glad there are rest days
>>
>>37289718
do you think your cro-magnon ancestors took rest days? get your ass in there
>>
Depends on how high volume your routine is but most commonly, yes as long as you eat enough kcal and protons
>>
>>37289718
Here's an actual scientific answer...

The important thing is that your training load fluctuates throughout the week. There's a complete science behind this, but the short answer is that some days should be hard, some days not so hard, and some days should be relatively easy even.
Having several days completely off from training accomplishes this automatically. If you like to train reasonably hard, rest days are a good idea.
If you don't want to include rest days, then it becomes a good deal more complicated to set up, as you will have to make sure you have the right balance (for you) between hard and easier days. But it can be done, of course. Many high level athletes train several times a day.
>>
>>37290776
Great, my plan is as follows, two weight days, one cardio, two weight days, one cardio, and one outright rest day (sunday). As much as I love having rest days, I end up feeling bored on weekdays just waiting to go to work, no one is up/active because of my weird work schedule
>>
>>37289718
I'm on an ABXABXX///push/pull and it's working great for me. I focus on strength on A1 and endurance on A2. Example:
A1: bench 5/3/1
A2: bench 10x10 rest a minute or less in between
>>
Yep that routine is just fine, I did it for about 6 months before switching to abcabcx. Only reason I switched was because trying to hit 3 muscle groups each day instead of 2 was making each trip to the gym longer than I prefer, close to two hours. I prefer sessions to be around the 1:15 mark.
>>
>>37289718
Do an upper/lower or push/pull routine where you cycle the load weekly, like >>37292399
Look up the candito linear programs, they're basically this
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.