[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this shit for real?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 1432380765759.webm (841 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1432380765759.webm
841 KB, 360x360
A friend told me he's gonna do Jim Stoppani's program so I looked it up and found this:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs/2015/shortcut_to_shred_e-book_revised_9-9-2015.pdf

Is this shit for real? He wants beginners to do 6 days a week, 8 exercises per workout, and do cardio in rest periods? Is this a joke?

Does he just assume everyone is on a massive amount of gear? How the fuck is this a beginner program?!

>mfw my friend told me he's doing this
>>
File: 1429776901021.jpg (63 KB, 567x637) Image search: [Google]
1429776901021.jpg
63 KB, 567x637
Not to mention he's plugging massive amounts of supplements from his own company.

Jesus fucking Christ he's gonna kill someone.
>>
File: findme.jpg (52 KB, 600x722) Image search: [Google]
findme.jpg
52 KB, 600x722
I'm gonna keep posting hotties until somebody tells me whether my friend is going to die.
>>
>>37288859
Hes not gonna Die..
>>
>>37288962
your friend isnt gonna die he just wont be able to do this routine haha hes gonna be way too sore and it will take over a month to work into it
>>
>>37288962
He is not going to die
>>
> squatting and deadlifting once a week as a fourth exercise

No, he is never gonna make it.
>>
File: 1421675017516.png (430 KB, 498x750) Image search: [Google]
1421675017516.png
430 KB, 498x750
>>37288969
>>37288970
>>37288976

I know he is not literally going to die, the real question is, is there any chance at all of him going through this with actual results and no injuries?

The man isn't completely unfit, like he rides the bicycle and plays tennis on occasion and he's only about 10kg overweight.
>>
>>37288991
he'll most likely just realise he wasted a lot of time not doing a good beginner routine (e.g. starting strength) like the majority of noobs.
>>
>>37288991
If he dosent push beyond his boundaries to the point where his form fails it shouldnt cause injuries
>>
File: emg5.jpg (47 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
emg5.jpg
47 KB, 540x720
>>37288990

And everything has the same volume for some reason.

>doing lateral raises 3 x 10 as a first exercise
>doing deadlifts 3 x 10 as a 4th exercise

Literally what the hell.
>>
>>37289003
But IT probably wont give him the results he want as mentioned before
>>
>>37289017

Yeah it's one of those panacea programs that claims to give you bigger muscles AND more cardio condition AND fat loss AND health gains AND anything else people want.

The real point of the whole thing is to sell supplements.

It's not terrible, I mean with proper nutrition you'll achieve some results for sure, but it's far from ideal.
>>
>>37288895>>37288970

He's not gonna kill anyone, they're just gonna quit 10 day in.
>>
>>37289004

who is this young high test goddess?
>>
>>37290428
pretty sure she isn't legal friendo
>>
>>37288859
This routine is utter shit.
I won't go into any detail because it would take 5 pages to explain everything that is wrong here.
>inb4 baseless claim

You friend won't die. He just won't be able to do the routine. Basically it will end up looking like crossfit with 4lb DBs
>>
>>37290446

it's a good thing I'm not gonna fuck her, then. nothing illegal about looking at publicly posted clothed pics.
>>
File: emg6.jpg (150 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
emg6.jpg
150 KB, 960x960
>>37290428

Friend's sister, Facebook pic. This is her with her mother.

>>37290446

She wouldn't be legal in the states, she is here.

>>37290479

I'm gonna let my friend give it a shot...for science. I wanna see how long he can last before he realizes the workload is unfeasible.
>>
>>37290578
what's your legal age?
>>
>>37290610

shit is quite cash, desu
>>
>>37288859

Do animals feels affection?
>>
>>37290636
pretty sure monogamous ones do.
Can't back it up though, haven't had biology since grade 10.
>>
>>37290636

Of course, many do, particularly mammals.

Not sure what the hen in my OP is up to though.
>>
>>37288859
It depends on what kind of man your friend is, really. Things aren't ever as black/white as /fit/ likes to think.

If your friend is the born athlete with a lifetime of sports behind him and a huge work capacity + a quick learner, then he just might strive on the program. That's the best case, but highly unlikely scenario.

The second best scenario is that after a rough beginning he actually adapts to the workload and starts making decent gains for a limited period of time, until he stalls and it's going to be pretty hard for him to achieve any further progressive overload because he's already pushing it recovery-wise. Basically things will go OK until the newb gains run out.

The third, and most likely, scenario is that he makes progress for a while, but no faster than somebody doing a proper beginner's program, despite spending 10 times as much time in the gym and training his balls off.

The fourth and pessimistic scenario is that the workload is too large and/or the learning curve too steep, so he either makes no gains, gets injured, or quits. Or a combination of the three.
>>
>>37290636
a lot of them do.have you never had a dog?
my family used to have one that was so fond of us that if we all were away for work it would claw on the door to follow us until its paws bled and it cried its eyes out.when we came back the happiness and love it gave us was unimaginable.
>>
>>37290660

Thanks bruh.

He's a relatively active guy, used to be pretty athletic but then gained like 30kgs and lost 20 of them in the last year. Now he wants to get jacked.

The willpower is there, but to what extent he can progress or even keep up with the nutrition/training schedule is unknown.
>>
>>37290673
>cried its eyes out.
peanuts taught me that crying dogs do not exist.
>>
>>37290728
thats until you see a mini pinscher with watery eyes lowering its ears and rubbing on you like its the last time it will see you.
>>
>>37288859
Here's what is most likely gonna happen:
>He starts at the gym, and manages it for a few days
>Maybe even a week or two if he's dedicated
>Eventually he starts either skipping exercises, or being unable to complete workouts
>He'll find himself unable to add weight, and stall hard
>This won't change at all as time goes on unless he hops on the roids
>He'll either then research himself, and get on a proper routine, or he'll quit training
>>
>>37291314
He'll quit after week 1 because of the DOMS.

He'll be a cripple, take my words
>>
Could someone please post a proper beginner routine? One that targets a bit of everything ? Thanks.
>>
>>37290673
That dog had abandonment issues.
>>
>24 sets
>1 minutes cardio between sets
shit Thats like over an hour of constantly working out. It looks good if you were a celebrity on gear and you have a trainer to set up all the weights for you but no regular person is going to do this.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.