[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bread is unhealthy Do you mean white bread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 183x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 183x276
>Bread is unhealthy
Do you mean white bread?
>>
>>37287491
>bread is unhealthy

Said no one ever
>>
The epic "carbs are bad" meme
>>
>>37287513

are you kidding

do you live under a rock

i mean i don't agree, but
>>
>>37287594
Bread isn't unhealthy but it can screw up your diet plans depending on what your goals are. Bread just has a fuck load of calories and carbs that if you don't start burning quickly, basically do nothing but turn into fat
>>
>>37287628

ok all i was saying is that many people are going around saying that bread is unhealthy

no, bread is not inherently unhealthy

btw calories don't magically turn into fat if you don't immediately burn them. you can eat nothing but bread in a calorie deficit and still lose weight.
>>
>>37287639
Yes, but bread is pretty rich in calories and carbs; and can really screw up diet plans up if not moderated. Obviously, depending on your intake and your diet will determine if you are losing or gaining weight.
>>
>>37287653

>if not moderated

this applies to any food
>>
>>37287653
how many baguettes do you eat everyday for it to screw your diet plan?
>>
>>37287659
I never said it didn't apply to all food, but look up the amount of calories in 2 slices of bread(~158 calories). It's just easier to rack up a lot of excess calories without realizing it with things like bread than some other foods and not getting to much nutritional gain
>>
>>37287691

who doesn't know the approximate number of calories per two slices of bread though? who ISN'T keeping track of what they're eating at least to some extent?

and for those people, stuff like pizza and cheeseburgers are far bigger offenders. bread should hardly be a target in the context you're presenting.
>>
>>37287723
not that anon , but most people don't feel satiated with just two slices of bread
>>
http://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-nutrition/101/nutrition-basics/the-glycemic-load.aspx

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/satter9.htm

Low GI breads - good.

High GI breads - shoot your insulin levels up, store more fat if not readily used. Don't eat fucking Wonderbread, it's worse than soda.
>>
>>37287808
I actually do. Two pieces of slightly toasted bread actually cures hunger for me better than a whole rotissery chicken. When i found this out i added white bread to my diet, i eat a slice with some based cottage cheese before bed every night.
>>
>>37287825
>hoot your insulin levels up, store more fat if not readily used
But this isn't permanent. You're constantly storing and losing fat to vary degrees. So it wouldn't matter if you were still, say, in a caloric deficit, only you'd be more hungry later on.
>Wonderbread, it's worse than soda
>plain glucose
>worst than fructose and calcium-leaching low pH
No
>>
>>37287861
If you're already lean aren't you chancing losing more muscle from a deficit if you're getting more fat out of a high-GI carb though?

Fair enough on the soda - I should've clarified that I meant the GI is, by the numbers, higher on white bread than a can of Coke.
>>
2 slices of multi-grain bread, 3 oz of chicken, and spinach. Its about 300 calories, fills you up and has some good nutrients. 2 slices of multi-grain toast, 2 eggs, and a slice of cheese is about 400 calories.

If you are watching your calories then bread is good because you can easily track it. I don't calculate all my calories, instead I estimate it. The issue with non-bread carbs is that they are really easy to lose track of. How much pasta are you eating when you make a plate? How much sugar is in this sweet drink? Bread at least makes it easy to define how much you are eating and keeps you form going overboard while underestimating the calories you are taking in.
>>
I saw a TCM guy who told me to stop eating bread and Ive have to admit my stomach actually feels a lot better, less bloating. Brown rice and sweet potatoes are more filling though though so Im eating less total calories.

Ill see what the scale says, he believes itll improve my digestion and I have a higher than average TDE so maybe itll fix that.

He also told me to eat more meat which was surprising. I thought his chinese witchcraft would demonize my meat intake (1.5lbs lean meat a day).

Hes suggesting to eat 2 or 3lbs
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.