[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a college-failure who works at Five Guys. Every shift
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: fiveguys2.jpg (40 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
fiveguys2.jpg
40 KB, 640x426
I'm a college-failure who works at Five Guys. Every shift during my break I get a free one-patty burger with whatever I want on it, and a free small fries. This comes out to about 1200 calories and is usually all I eat during the days I work + some fruit when I'm home (fucking love cantaloupe). So it comes out to about 1400-1500 calories a day.

I'm steadily losing weight by doing this since it's obviously sound in terms of calorie intake but will it ruin my health otherwise? The fries especially are very greasy and I worry that they'll fuck me up if I keep eating them 4-5 days out of the week despite losing weight while doing so. I weigh 290 pounds, down from 320 at the beginning of April.
>>
no you'll be fine. trust me i could probably be a doctor if i wanted to.
>>
>>37285059

don't eat the bun or the fries. don't drink a soda. eat mustard instead of ketchup.

then eat a pile of broccoli when you go home
>>
Burger+fries is really shit for overall protein ratio. It's not going to kill you but you'll probably be weak and skinnyfat looking as you lose weight unless you start lifting and eating right.

Try reading the sticky.
>>
>>37285073
I just get a hamburger with every veggie + mustard and hot sauce. I dip the fries in vinegar and drink water or sometimes the unsweetened iced tea.

I could ask for a lettuce wrap or bowl now that you mention it.
>>
Sounds like you'd be deficient in plenty of vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids. But otherwise, fine?
>>
>>37285104
>Sounds like you'd be deficient in plenty of vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids
well that's exactly what i'm afraid of
>>
>>37285222
Fish oil pill, more vegetables, and a multivitamin.
>>
>>37285059
What station do you normally work 5-Bro?

Anything but fries and your activity level is going to be a serious hindrance to your health, let alone the food.
>>
>>37285059
I'm a college-failure who gets paid to eat at Five Guys 2x a week to 'mystery shop' them. Its helping me bulk.

I'll get location-banned if the store figures out I'm the mystery shopper. How easy is it to tell if a customer is a mystery shopper?
>>
>>37285059
Ask if you can ditch the fries and get two burgers instead. Get your burgers lettuce wrapped instead of using buns. No cheese. It's gonna be less calories than what you're currently eating but with more protein and less carbs.
>>
Five Guys def uses quality beef. The fries are fried in peanut oil

Idk man I'm no nutritionist
>>
>>37285333
We get them at Best Buy all the time. We never have a fucking clue until we the reviews. Except the one mystery shop who was caught stealing, arrested, then banned for life.
>>
>>37285333
how to become mystery shopper?
>>
>>37285273
Grill. Sometimes I'll dress buns if people are being slow and my patties will be burnt before the buns are ready.
>>
>>37285104
You're straight up wrong.

With all the veggies includes onions, jalapenos tomatoes, mushrooms, and more. You get all the essential fats you need from the peanut oil.

Op just eat more of the veggies, maybe dis the bun but you don't really need to. You'll be fine as long as you're at a caloric deficit.
>>
>>37286010
>You get all the essential fats you need from the peanut oil.
This doesnt sound right
>>
>>37285605
Pls respond
>>
>>37285376
Fucking kek I used to work there and never knew we got mystery shoppers.
>>
Yeah cut carbs and add a protein shake (or lean meats) with the fruits. Just do whats sustainable for you :)
>>
>>37286041
You only NEED two types of lipid that your body can't synthesize on its own. Both of which can be found in the peanut oil and burger grease.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_fatty_acid
>>
>>37285605
>>37287066
http://www.earnsavewin.com/become-secret-shopper/
join those companys, and short info on how it works. no real mystery shopping company will charge you money to join. there are TONS of legit companys tho because each one works usually regional and only with a few stores.

you would make something like $5-$20 + free food per job you do which will take an hour or so.

http://www.mysteryshopforum.com/ is the largest forum where ppl discuss mystery shopping

I save $100-$200/mo in eating out. You can make a lot more if you have free time and dont mind the work.
>>
>>37285059
Stop eating that shit if you can, and if you're concerned about your health get a lipid panel... that'll tell you your cholesterol levels. Fast food burgers are usually high in saturated fat and may have trans fats, both of which will lead to high cholesterol and/or heart disease later in life. You won't feel the effects now, but once you hit 40's and 50's and you're at high risk for heart disease you'll be wishing you were more careful earlier in life.
>>
>>37287842
losing weight will lower his cholesterol regardless of what he eats
>>
>>37288076
Kill yourself, /fit/ isn't the place for your normie-fitness memes.

Being thin and otherwise fit doesn't mean you have good cholesterol levels. If you eat a lot of shit like trans fat your cholesterol is going to be fucked regardless, not to mention that some people have higher risk for heart disease (and may have a lower target cholesterol than avg).
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.