[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
full body workout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1463243883713.jpg (2 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
1463243883713.jpg
2 MB, 3975x3056
Hey /fit/, I've completed SL5X5 and am now looking to switch over to a full-body, 3-day a week workout. I am trying to keep it at or below 2hours because after that I'm pretty much spent. So far I've come up with this. Any suggestions?

I've been thinking about adding High-pulls but pretty much everyone advises me against it citing shoulder impingement, is there anything behind that talk?

3X8 Squat
3X8 Bench press
3X8 Military press
3X8 Bent-over barbell row
3X8 Deadlift
3X8 Standing barbell curl
3X8 Hyperextensions
3X8 Barbell shrugs
3X20 Calf raises
>>
>>37281686
I refuse to believe you followed a real program and are still this dumb.
>>
>>37281708
Kek
>>
wew this is so shit, its amusing
i mean the 3x8 is shit. have some form of progression and decrease the amount of sets.
1set of squats and deads should be plenty 3-4 times a week for lower body work. 2 sets for upper body.
>>
>>37281708
Please elaborate. Someone suggested I do the RP5X5, this is pretty much it with a couple substitutions and 3X8 instead of 5X5- since I've noticed I tend to get faster progress with higher reps.
>>
I just started Superior Foes OP, I'm loving it.
>>
>>37281686
stats?

also, do the Texas Method, you should be able to acomodate all the xtra stuff you want to do
>>
>>37281740
So the following then?

1X8 Squat
1X8 Deadlift
1X20 Calf raises

2X8 Bench press
2X8 Military press
2X8 Standing barbell curl

2X8 Bent-over barbell row
2X8 Hyperextensions
2X8 Barbell shrugs

The main thing is that I can't fit 4 days per week at the gym into my schedule, but the three nights I have time I can spend up to 3 hours there (although I usually don't have the energy for more than 2.) So my thinking is that it's better to do 3 full body workouts than to do a threeway split and only train each part once a week.
>>
>>37281810
102kg/225lbs
1.83cm/6ft

S: 3plt, D:3.5plt, B: 1.5plt (my chest is absolutely atrocious compared to the rest of me.)
>>
>>37281916
You may have some more linear gains left, but if you want to do an intermediate routine it's also fine.

What are your goals? the only Intermediate routines that are 3-days a week are TM and the Cube method wich is more focused on powerlifting
>>
>>37282030
>the only Intermediate routines that are
The only intermediate routines that I know, srry
>>
>>37281864
Well i dont think you can be productive for 3 hours. You'll be fine with 3 fullbody workout/week tho.
I do
Front Squat
Weighted Dip(2)
Weighted Pullup(2)
Push Press(2)
Row(2)
Sumo DL
High Bar High Rep Back Squat

i don't think you need hypers.
Also get some progression type on there, you'll plateu very quickly trying to increase your 8rm.
Like starting doing 5 reps with a weight you can do 6-7 top. Work up to 10. Increase weight. Or whatever
>>
>>37282030
My goals are a BF under 20% (currently it's about the mid twenties,) 1XBW press, 1.5XBW bench, 2XBW squat and maybe 2.4 deadlift. Though I'm aware that will take years. Especially with my chest, I have a hyper-extended thoracic spine so fixing that is also a priority.

>>37282080
>Also get some progression type on there...
That was the plan: start with 8, increase weight to new 6RM, start at 5 then work up to 8-10.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.